USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

One way to be certain you will never get a fair shake in the media is to start picking favorites. There is a saying: "You don't start arguments with people who buy ink by the barrel."
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wouldn't say it was worse case scenario that would have been weather like Thursday where its blowing 35+, the temp is about 40 and its raining. It can always be worse. But I don't think it was good. Product on the field is one thing, but seeing the NDSU fans like that in person doesn't do any good with recruiting.

yoteforever. I know you guys don't like the argus and feel like you get the shaft on day-to-day coverage, but I don't think you want Stu pissed off at you, and I like the P&D but they can't be your only newspaper and you know as well as I do that they wouldn't take their business out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        One way to be certain you will never get a fair shake in the media is to start picking favorites. There is a saying: "You don't start arguments with people who buy ink by the barrel."
        You're correct but the Argus has no intention of changing.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I wouldn't say it was worse case scenario that would have been weather like Thursday where its blowing 35+, the temp is about 40 and its raining. It can always be worse. But I don't think it was good. Product on the field is one thing, but seeing the NDSU fans like that in person doesn't do any good with recruiting. yoteforever. I know you guys don't like the argus and feel like you get the shaft on day-to-day coverage, but I don't think you want Stu pissed off at you, and I like the P&D but they can't be your only newspaper and you know as well as I do that they wouldn't take their business out of state.
          Just frustrated

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            I wouldn't say this was a worst case senario. As far as the game on the field, it was humbling. Getting over 9,000 is not a bad number. I would guess 4700 USD fans, 4500 NDSU fans. Less than 4,000 total fans would be worst case senario. I believe the fans and administration did a good job putting this all together. It's the team not showing up that was disappointing. I would have actually scheduled the game earlier where it could have been played mostly under natural light. Howard Wood Fields lighting just seems off. It was kind of hard to see the clarity of the game in the dark even with the lights. I would have started it at 3PM.
            I would flop your attendance figures, our side was packed, lots of open gaps on the "home" side
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              Sad that your game was the second most anticipated college game in SF yesterday. Getting shown up on the field in the stands and in the media can not be what the USD admin had in mind
              Lots of us afterward were talking how we should send usd a thank you, we got to bring our tailgate, fans and basically showcase our gameday to all the sd recruits all while embarrassing the Yotes. No way the usd brass can say anything positive came from this except the ticket revenue

I bet if there were any kids NDSU is looking at they are going to want to come see a home game in Fargo....I bet if we make playoffs with a home game there will be lots of invites sent out to the Sioux Falls area
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                I would flop your attendance figures, our side was packed, lots of open gaps on the "home" side
                IDK, your side the far South section had very few in it, and the band was in your section and not in USD's. Either way though it was close and it didn't look good for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  IDK, your side the far South section had very few in it, and the band was in your section and not in USD's. Either way though it was close and it didn't look good for USD.
                  The NDSU section and their allotment of tickets did not run the all he way to the south90% or more of our section was taken with a scattering of yellow on your side also
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Lots of us afterward were talking how we should send usd a thank you, we got to bring our tailgate, fans and basically showcase our gameday to all the sd recruits all while embarrassing the Yotes. No way the usd brass can say anything positive came from this except the ticket revenue

I bet if there were any kids NDSU is looking at they are going to want to come see a home game in Fargo....I bet if we make playoffs with a home game there will be lots of invites sent out to the Sioux Falls area
                    Deem's yellow and green seem to be found everywere. I dont know how the game day experience impacts the choice of a recruit, but it does to a limited degree . The community of Fargo is a nice place to be and you can get a good education at Bisonville. I would hope those impressions would weigh into one's choice more than game day rowdies with their beer and hoopla and what not. No question the Bison are on a roll and the quality of your program will also weigh into the choice. Once again, your fans seem to be taking credit for something they really dont deserve and that is they show up in numbers. What about the players who contirbuted to the 54-0 score?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      There is an easy solution to the Argus - I cancelled my subscription long ago. You can find everything about the game you need on each of the schools websites without the slanted negative Stu views.

That said - I bet even the USD school website lacked anything positive to say about that game! I am an SDSU fan and find it hard to smack USD after the no show SDSU had at UNI.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Not that I give 2 craps but your side wasn't packed by any stretch of the imagination. There were a lot of Bison but had over 20% empty seats

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Deem's yellow and green seem to be found everywere. I dont know how the game day experience impacts the choice of a recruit, but it does to a limited degree . The community of Fargo is a nice place to be and you can get a good education at Bisonville. I would hope those impressions would weigh into one's choice more than game day rowdies with their beer and hoopla and what not. No question the Bison are on a roll and the quality of your program will also weigh into the choice. Once again, your fans seem to be taking credit for something they really dont deserve and that is they show up in numbers. What about the players who contirbuted to the 54-0 score?
                          If you don't think the showing of support weighs in a choice a little then that's your opinion, I know I always enjoyed having fans on the road trips, and they got to see first hand the support this TEAM gets, after all those players would not be there without us FANS money
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

If you don't think the showing of support weighs in a choice a little then that's your opinion, I know I always enjoyed having fans on the road trips, and they got to see first hand the support this TEAM gets, after all those players would not be there without us FANS money
                            The hype and energy that follows a team I think people notice and recruits often like that. The focus on the tem and supprt has to be noticed but not a determining factor. What bothers me is so many people around here think its fine if players want to leave the state when many see they leave to see what they can do farther away from home blah blah blah. Basically what it means to me is kids are not raised into a culture of sdsu and a less extend usd football and basketball for that matter. I think as communities and fans and familes we have failed to indoctrinate the awesomeness of staying with your home state regardless of other options. This is not a knock on ndsu recruiting and you guys might have similar feelings
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's been noted in a few posts that SDSU scheduled a game in Sioux Falls against UC-Davis in 2005. I had recalled that we won the game but it was close. Just in case anyone else is unsure of their memory, I looked it up: SDSU 16, UC-Davis 14 at Howard Wood in 2005. I did not attend the game.

SDSU's record in 2005 was 6-5. The UC-Davis game had some positive points -- but keep in mind we topped the usually-good Aggies from UC-Davis -- but it seemed to me that most SDSU supporters concluded there was no reason to leave CAS and have a "home" game in Sioux Falls. I think the passage of time and increasing average crowds for home game show attending a game at CAS is an event and all fans including those from Sioux Falls, show up in strong numbers to watch the Jackrabbits at home. With the Hobo Day and USD games coming up, SDSU should set another new average-home-attendance record this year. (My guess: average attendance will be in the neighborhood of 13,500-13,800.)

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                I know that in the past Mick wasn't a full-time sports reporter like TV is. Mick had to do night desk duty a lot so he wasn't able to spend as much time on USD. Not sure if that has changed.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X