Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Well we literally were a dropped but called catch pass from beating them in 09 and that would have put us at home in the semis with a very good chance at being in the title game with a crapload of sophomores they are still around so....we are not like EWU but I'm not marking a W just yet either
    Ahh go ahead and mark it a W and bison dollars going into the Yote coffers. 10K Bison fans in HW field stands is not out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
      I hope you get your chance - if the Coyotes win in Brookings this Fall that is what I expect from KUlawJack.

This will not happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if USD gets blanked in conference play this year. A 1-10 or 2-9 season is a definite possibility.

The Missouri Valley is tough and they are going to find this out the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Ahh go ahead and mark it a W and bison dollars going into the Yote coffers. 10K Bison fans in HW field stands is not out of the question.
        Maybe.

I'm pretty positive that we will have more fans there than the Coyotes.

Comment

It depends on how things shake out next season, and where every team is at in the standings, but I may have to root on the Coyotes in this one. Can both teams lose?
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I love the confidence of the USD faithful, but reality is just like SDSU and NDSU went thru first year of a full DI Conference play is hard as hell, SDSU faired far better than we did but we were coming off of 2 10-1 seasons and thought to be unbeatablem SDSU proved that wrong once, we have both made the playoffs and one won a NC but i feel USD is late to the game and there is NO WAY they beat NDSU or SDSU next year after getting a real conference beating week in and week out.
            Last edited by tjbison; 04-25-2012, 05:02 PM. Reason: fixed glaring untruth
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              I love the confidence of the USD faithful, but reality is just like SDSU and NDSU went thru first year of a full DI Conference play is hard as hell, SDSU faired far better than we did but we were coming off of 2 10-1 seasons and thought to be unbeatablem SDSU proved that wrong once, we have both made the playoffs and one won a NC but i feel USD is late to the game and there is NO WAY they lose to NDSU or SDSU next year after getting a real conference beating week in and week out.

So, the Coyotes will win both of these games?

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post

Really?
                I noticed that too, but thought no big deal, No way do they win over NDSU or SDSU. I believe thats what he meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I noticed that too, but thought no big deal, No way do they win over NDSU or SDSU. I believe thats what he meant.
                  you are correct
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post

Really?
                    no just a mistype
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

USD mucked it up again. They are offering a package deal to USD fans that if they buy a home opener ticket against Colgate they can purchase a ticket for the Bison game in Sioux Falls. Well there seems to be a problem. 1. Anyone can buy the tickets 2. You only have to buy one Colgate ticket to purchase 10 tickets for the Bison game. Bison fans are buying 1 ticket to the Colgate game and 10 tickets to the Bison-soon-to-be-home-game in Sioux Falls. This has the making of a home game for the Bison in Sioux Falls with a sellout USD home opener against Colgate with empty an empty stadium.

Comment

I feel kind of bad for USD student athletes, this is going turn into the equivalent of a road game. And if they aren't ready to play, it could be an embarrassing loss in their home state.

I can't help but feel like the USD admin engineered it this way on purpose, they desperately need to sell tickets. Chances are good the Colgate game was going to be half full anyway, this just gets them some extra tickets sold.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

From Bisonville:

Just got an e-mail from USD:

Thank you for your purchase on goyotes.com. Due to a technical error, your tickets for the North Dakota State game in Sioux Falls have been errouniously placed at Howard Wood Field. While we are working to fix the technical issue, our staff has relocated your tickets to the following comparable seats:

Section Row Seat
                          K E 11
                          K E 12
                          These tickets are located along with the North Dakota State supporters.
                          Along with this technical error, you were able to purchase NDSU game tickets without purchasing the matching number of Colgate tickets. We ask that you honor the original promotion and purchase the correct amount of Colgate game tickets. We understand that this was a technical error on our part, so you will not be required to purchase the extra Colgate tickets to receive your original order. We only ask that you do so in good faith to support Coyote Athletics.
                          Thank you for your understanding on this issue. If you have any questions or wish to complete the Colgate ticket package, feel free to contact us directly at the USD Coyote Ticket Office at (605) 677-5959 or via email at tickets@usd.edu
                          Thank you,
                          USD Coyote Ticket Office
                          414 E. Clark St.
                          Vermillion, SD 57069
                          (605) 677-5959

Total cluster! My billing address isn't in ND or SD but they just assumed I was an NDSU fan which tells you something.

That is some funny stuff. I hope Mick writes a follow-up piece to his story this morning on these shenanigans.

USD: Because we screwed up, you should pay us more money and we get to move you out of the seats you purchased. Great business tactic.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

How sad, when a DI football program hopes to have as many fans as an out of state opponent - for a HOME game!

As posted in the Argus Leader:

“I fully believe that NDSU fans will buy up 5,000 tickets to that game within a week after they go on sale,” Sundall said. “That should be enough motivation for Coyote fans to buy tickets now. It would be great to see 8,500 wearing red that night, but filling one side of Howard Wood would be a start.”

This quote is from the President of the Howling Pack fan club, Torrey Sundall. WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              From Bisonville:

That is some funny stuff. I hope Mick writes a follow-up piece to his story this morning on these shenanigans.

USD: Because we screwed up, you should pay us more money and we get to move you out of the seats you purchased. Great business tactic.
                              Not Mick, Stu should dedicate a Sunday article/editorial to this fiasco.

If SDSU stepped in it like this he would be all over it.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Maybe the real reason they moved the game to Sioux Falls is because they gave the dome date to Briar Cliff before they checked their schedule. JK

Comment

Working...
                                X