USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Okay, I will bite, USD plus 35 points vs NDSU. What is the wager?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Isn't Colgate a non-scholarship football program? Who, other than the most devoted of Coyote fans, would want a ticket to that game? USD should beat Colgate by 35. However, the victory is likely to be offset by a Coyote loss, by a similar margin, to NDSU.
      According to wikepedia, they do not offer scholarships, but there are some competitive teams in that league like Lafayettee, who got some dough for coming to Fargo last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        According to wikepedia, they do not offer scholarships, but there are some competitive teams in that league like Lafayettee, who got some dough for coming to Fargo last fall.
        I don't know how competitive that game was. NDSU won 42-6.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Azsod73 View Post
          Okay, I will bite, USD plus 35 points vs NDSU. What is the wager?
          Hmm. OK, I'll give you USD and 28 points in the NDSU game, and you give me Colgate and 35 points in the other game. For rep points? One per game? Is that do-able?
          This space for lease.

Comment

Lehigh is in that conference and they beat UNI in the playoffs two years ago and won a playoff game this past season too before losing to NDSU in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              Lehigh is in that conference and they beat UNI in the playoffs two years ago and won a playoff game this past season too before losing to NDSU in the second round.
              Thanks HandoEX, I knew there was one other program that represented that league in the playoffs. Also Colgate went 9-2 in 2010 and though 5-6 last year, they could give USD a game. This is not Valpo and the Pioneer League.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I'm spending way too much time on this, but it is July with nothing going on...

I find it interesting that the USD people and media keep referring to this as a "glitch."

Google defines glitch as "A sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment: "a computer glitch"."

By that definition, this doesn't seem like a glitch. It wasn't sudden, it wasn't a malfunction, and I assume there wasn't a problem with any of the servers. This is a case of poor design and planning, the system worked as it was designed.

They are fortunate some enterprising risk taker with money didn't buy 1 Colgate ticket and all the available tickets for NDSU. What a poopstorm that would have been with lawsuits flying all over the place.
                It must be some kind of "glitch". Still are not able to purchase tickets online, you still need to call.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  It must be some kind of "glitch". Still are not able to purchase tickets online, you still need to call.
                  I don't think its a glitch, I think its someone set it up wrong, and they don't know how to fix it so they just took it off completely. Just what it sounds like to me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    I don't think its a glitch, I think its someone set it up wrong, and they don't know how to fix it so they just took it off completely. Just what it sounds like to me.
                    Exactly. That 'glitch' was them taking it off the website to hopefully fix the problem. It didn't work so now they're doing it over the phone. This entire thing makes me laugh. How embarrassing!
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Yes, I forgot to put in my sarcasm smile with my post.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Yes, I forgot to put in my sarcasm smile with my post.
                        No I knew it was sarcasm..... I should have made that known, I was just kinda saying what I thought it was. Not a computer glitch but a human error.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Isn't Colgate a non-scholarship football program? Who, other than the most devoted of Coyote fans, would want a ticket to that game? USD should beat Colgate by 35. However, the victory is likely to be offset by a Coyote loss, by a similar margin, to NDSU.
                          He isn't the one that named the spread, you did. What I will wager you on is the spread between NDSU vs USD, and NDSU vs SDSU. I will wager they beat you worse, and I think there is an outside shot we can beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            He isn't the one that named the spread, you did. What I will wager you on is the spread between NDSU vs USD, and NDSU vs SDSU. I will wager they beat you worse, and I think there is an outside shot we can beat them.
                            Bahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              This has got to be unquestionable loyality speaking. We have lost our fear of the Fabulous Fargo Dome. We broke the losing streak 2008. The last time we played there TOB gave the game to the Bison on a silver platter. How many TOB Intercepts where there? Enough for a Bison win.

Coyote win in SF? I dont think so, my friend.

Comment

This has got to be unquestionable loyality speaking. We have lost our fear of the Fabulous Fargo Dome. We broke the losing streak 2008. The last time we played there TOB gave the game to the Bison on a silver platter. How many TOB Intercepts where there? Enough for a Bison win. Coyote win in SF? I dont think so, my friend.
                                Am I loyal? Yup. So is your fan base. All I am saying is that you are at NDSU and although you think you are fearless there, this indeed is another team, not the one that won 4 years ago. All new kids. NDSU comes into SF with big attitudes and no one knows what the weather will be like. That can "possibly" play a role. Our guys jump on them early, who knows what happens. If they jump on us early, then we are looking at a blowout being possible. All I said was thre is an "outside shot" at it happening. There isn't light years difference in our programs, they are close. I give you the advantage in November simply because it is in Brookings, but other than that, you might be a slight favorite on neutral turf. I am not taking shots at your program, because quite frankly a couple of those years they did some very good things. I am just saying at this point in time, my belief is there is not a lot of difference in skill sets. As a team, your are slightly better. When it comes to individuals we have some people that shine extremely bright. NDSU is not invincible.

Comment

Working...
                                X