Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    But also usd will play worse because it is a road game for them also, that kind of balances it out don't you think
    I didn't fear you when we played and I don't fear you now. I was there 2 years we led till mid 3rd quarter. You put your pants on one leg at a time. I know Coach Joe isn't living in awe. If you beat us, you beat us. But I bet a lot we won't lay down and neither will the Jacks.

Comment

I thought USD played their home games in the Dakota Dome and not Howard Field. Putting a point value on home field advantage seem a little hard to do if you are playing in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Just messing with you YF. No worries.
        No problem young buck

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I thought USD played their home games in the Dakota Dome and not Howard Field.
          I agree. But getting 1/2 the arena paid for just maybe might be part of the deal. I'm not sure we can raise the other half so easy. We'll see. I guaranty if Avera offered to build your stadium or pay for half, you'd play a game in SF as well. I hate the idea, but I m just one vote.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Only 3?
            Yes, home field is 3 points.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I agree. But getting 1/2 the arena paid for just maybe might be part of the deal. I'm not sure we can raise the other half so easy. We'll see. I guaranty if Avera offered to build your stadium or pay for half, you'd play a game in SF as well. I hate the idea, but I m just one vote.
              I've always felt that having Sanford behind USD will eventually hurt SDSU in terms of money towards new stadiums, etc.

I'd be interested to see the difference in the amounts between the two organizations (Avera with SDSU compared to Sanford with USD)
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Your call. I do sense the smack but also it is in fun. TJ, all I can say is if you out number us, then good for you and a lesson for us. The truth of the matter is the fan base is apathetic as hell at USD, but the diehards will always be just that. Truthfully, I like our team. Not a lot of depth, but I like our top 22. The fans on here are just plain passionate, much like myself. But my buddy NoVaJack would say the world is square if I said there was proof it was round. That's why I like bantering with him. Now tell me in earnest as prognosticators, what is home field worth?
                Well, I did say it was nacent smack, after all, meaning it was not of the fully-formed variety . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I've always felt that having Sanford behind USD will eventually hurt SDSU in terms of money towards new stadiums, etc.

I'd be interested to see the difference in the amounts between the two organizations (Avera with SDSU compared to Sanford with USD)
                  I respectifully disagree with your concern about Sanford support of USD somehow hurting SDSU. Sanford has been supportive of USD -- e.g. the USD Sanford School of Medicine. But, don't count out Sanford finding some way to put its name on something at SDSU. Sanford has demonstrated its marketing plans include putting its name on sports facilities (NDSU, U of Sioux Falls, the stand-alone basketball pentagon facility soon to open in Sioux Falls, advertising outside Target Field last year and this year being a prime sponsor of Twins baseball on TV) and it seems only a matter of time and Sanford will figure out a way to make sure its name is at SDSU, the largest university in the state. Sanford has not given any indication it has taken a side in athletic competitions.

Avera has been great to SDSU but its focus is more on academic facilities (e.g. the Avera Health and Science Center). I don't think Avera has much desire in putting its name on athletic facilities. Actions show there's a difference in marketing philosophy between Sanford and Avera.

I don't see it as a matter of Sanford throwing its allegiance to USD to the exclusion of SDSU. I won't be surprised to see the Sanford name and logo on a facility at SDSU. (And if that happens, then those at the facility down south may wonder why Avera seems to support only SDSU while Sanford has its name at both schools.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Sanford has been supportive of USD -- e.g. the USD Sanford School of Medicine but don't count out Sanford finding some way to put its name on something at SDSU. Sanford has demonstrated its marketing plans include putting its name on sports facilities (NDSU, U of Sioux Falls, the stand-alone basketball pentagon facility soon to open in Sioux Falls, advertising outside Target Field last year and this year being a prime sponsor of Twins baseball on TV).

Avera has been great to SDSU but its focus is more on academic facilities (e.g. the Avera Health and Science Center).

I don't see it as a matter of Sanford throwing its allegiance to USD to the exclusion of SDSU. I won't be surprised to see the Sanford name and log on a facility at SDSU. (And if that happens, then those at the facility down south may wonder if Avera is willing to provide with significant support.)
                    Avera does provide a major sponsorship to athletics at USD or at least they have in the past. I think equal to if not exceeding what Sanford has done. I don't think there is any clear allegiance for either university or health center. Avera was and still is disappointed that it was acceptable to rename the medical school after Mr. Sanford but they also understand the importance of moving on.

SDSU is looking for sponsors that will be consistent and committed. Sponsors are looking for a benefit that is consistent and committed. This applies to both Avera and Sanford. I think it is clearly beneficial and crucial for SDSU to be open to sponsorship from either one. Whatever is best for SDSU now and in the future.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I love this thread. Who will lose to NDSU by more? You will! No, You will! Sorry Filbert, won't happen again...just had to...just once.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        I love this thread. Who will lose to NDSU by more? You will! No, You will! Sorry Filbert, won't happen again...just had to...just once.
                        Your punishment shall be to:

Define nascent and use it properly in a sentence.

Extra points for doing it after a couple bottles of your homebrew.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          Can't you read?

Comment

Can't you read?
                            I can read better than your team can play football.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Your punishment shall be to:

Define nascent and use it properly in a sentence.

Extra points for doing it after a couple bottles of your homebrew.
                              I would have had no clue before this.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I respectifully disagree with your concern about Sanford support of USD somehow hurting SDSU. Sanford has been supportive of USD -- e.g. the USD Sanford School of Medicine. But, don't count out Sanford finding some way to put its name on something at SDSU. Sanford has demonstrated its marketing plans include putting its name on sports facilities (NDSU, U of Sioux Falls, the stand-alone basketball pentagon facility soon to open in Sioux Falls, advertising outside Target Field last year and this year being a prime sponsor of Twins baseball on TV) and it seems only a matter of time and Sanford will figure out a way to make sure its name is at SDSU, the largest university in the state. Sanford has not given any indication it has taken a side in athletic competitions.

Avera has been great to SDSU but its focus is more on academic facilities (e.g. the Avera Health and Science Center). I don't think Avera has much desire in putting its name on athletic facilities. Actions show there's a difference in marketing philosophy between Sanford and Avera.

I don't see it as a matter of Sanford throwing its allegiance to USD to the exclusion of SDSU. I won't be surprised to see the Sanford name and logo on a facility at SDSU. (And if that happens, then those at the facility down south may wonder why Avera seems to support only SDSU while Sanford has its name at both schools.)
                                Don't be surprised my good friend(s), that Sanford's assistance at SDSU might just happen before too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X