USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Conversation between two of my acquaintances yesterday during the Vikings game.

Friend one aks to friend two, would you like some tickets to the USD game this coming weekend?
    Friend two, who are they playing?
    Friend one, the Bison in Sioux Falls.
    Friend two, why would I want to go watch that?
    Friend one, they will be serving beer.
    Friend two, (long pause) hell no I'm not interested.

The guy offering the tickets is a fairly staunch supporter although he was opposed to the DI move. Second friend is a USD grad that has attended 1 game in the dome in the last 15 years and I'm the one that took him to that game. It is a tough time for USD right now and I'm not sure where the support to get through it is going to come from. Not my concern obviously, just an observation.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A blowout loss in front of a crowd that is 60% NDSU would be a dagger in what has been a bad USD season. Maybe both the crowd and the team will surprise us all. Ultimately, it would probably be more fun to watch the epic fallout from an NDSU loss than it would be seeing USD limp home after a "home field" embarassment.

Comment

I think it would be great if NDSU stumbled again and USD won. (I say that as one who wants to see the Bison beat again.) But, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I think it would be great if NDSU stumbled again and USD won. (I say that as one who wants to see the Bison beat again.) But, I don't see that happening.
          I agree, I seen too many Bison teams recoup from losses. It could get ugly. Although listening to Scott Miller on KFGO talk about last Saturday's game they lost another safety and are very thin at that position. It will be an interesting game.

Comment

If USD can pull off the upset, SDSU will be that much closer to a conference championship.

That is my primary concern, so I will be cheering for USD.

That being said, if NDSU has to win, I hope its by 50.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I don't think there will be anything close to 6k Bison fans. This game seems to be viewed as a DII type game by lots of the non-diehards. There will be a good showing from our fans, but many would prefer to travel 800 miles to see a Bison-FBS game before traveling 220 to see the Bison beat a garbage squad like the Yotes handily.

Comment

Honestly, I would rather see NDSU win than USD win because I think that SDSU has enought talent and potential to win the conference or at least make the playoffs despite whoever wins this game.

Did I mention, I hope its by 50??
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                  I don't think there will be anything close to 6k Bison fans. This game seems to be viewed as a DII type game by lots of the non-diehards. There will be a good showing from our fans, but many would prefer to travel 800 miles to see a Bison-FBS game before traveling 220 to see the Bison beat a garbage squad like the Yotes handily.
                  My thoughts as well. The NDSU crowd will be similar to or smaller than the crowd they brought to Brookings last year. Maybe 2500 at most. Add 5000 Yote fans and that equals 7500.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I see a group of USD students has volunteered to work on a Habitat for Humanity house in Yankton on October 20th. Very generous of them. I am sure they will head straight up to Sioux Falls right after they nail down the last shingle.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I guess I'm going (free ticket, free ride). Hope I see a decent game.

As far as the crowd? IDK what NDSU will bring down. Sounds like USD did a good job of preventing NDSU from buying a majority before the season, but I expected this to be sold out already. With the emphasis and ad campaign they have put behind this game I figured they would have sold out by now.

Comment

And so too the Yotes will learn that moving a home game to Sioux Falls really doesn't make that much sense

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

As far as the crowd? IDK what NDSU will bring down. Sounds like USD did a good job of preventing NDSU from buying a majority before the season, but I expected this to be sold out already. With the emphasis and ad campaign they have put behind this game I figured they would have sold out by now.
                          The game if competing for attention in Sioux Falls with the first game between Augustana and USF since USF joined the NSIC. I think the USF/Augie game is a bigger deal for the Sioux Falls leaders than the USD/NDSU game. The Mayor announced an all sports Mayor's Cup competition between the two today.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

I would guess there will be between 200-500 SDSU season ticket holders at this game, based on what I'm heard during tailgate last week.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I would guess there will be between 200-500 SDSU season ticket holders at this game, based on what I'm heard during tailgate last week.
                              Well lets hope those 200-500 become Bison scout experts and share their observations on the board here. It will be interesting to read what they have observed at this game. With the Bison thinness at the safety position, its going to be interesting and how they can stop the passing game of Van Maten. Bison are banged up, Shepard their good safety is in the hospital and possibly done for the season.

Meanwhile on Bisonville 12 to 14 pages about firing Coach Vigen, the O co-ordinator, nothing mentioned about the weakness on D at the safety position.

Comment

We are getting really thin at a few positions because of injuries. We are really hurting at safety, fullback, and linebacker. Even though we have some promising running backs in the pipeline, only Crocket seems be producing...and he is injured as well. Our #1 receiver also separated his shoulder. These are a lot of injuries to overcome and keep winning. Honestly, I am not concerned with USD. It is after that game things get very interesting. If we are to win any of the next games, I think we need a fullback back in the lineup, and getting our #1 receiver back would really help as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X