Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Seems like an easy solution to me: mash them up (or pour) and add to your plant fertilizer for the flowers...should make for some interesting plants.
    Might actually help them out.......... if you're growing poppies.

Comment

Cody Larson was arrested for burglary. This kid needs help.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27497983/detail.html
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Cody Larson was arrested for burglary. This kid needs help.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27497983/detail.html
        3rd degree burglary.... according to at least 1 report I read he is still on probation from his run in with the law last year. Not to speculate but he COULD have to serve jail time over this.

Comment

Maybe if these AMATEUR athletes got paid more for their "services to the schools and the NCAA".... they wouldn't have to try and steal to make ends meet...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Maybe if these AMATEUR athletes got paid more for their "services to the schools and the NCAA".... they wouldn't have to try and steal to make ends meet...
            they claim (3 of them, 2 players and a manager) that they were at a club/restaurant or something, the bouncer stole one of their wallets and they were breaking into his car to get it back.

Well if thats the case they are just really stupid. If you are going to break into something at least go big time (I kid). But seriously if someone stole something of yours you report it to the police, you don't break into their car to get it back.

Also hearing that he received a 120 day suspended jail sentence for his run in with the law in Sioux Falls. Wonder how that will work out.

Also wondering how Stu and other members of the Sioux Falls media will make him look like the victim over this deal.
            Last edited by joeboo22; 04-10-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Sad to read about that. The Argus Leader has a little more on the story.

LINK

Joeboo: you wrote "that they were at a club, the bouncer stole one of their wallets and they were breaking into his car to get it back...." I didn't see that in either the Florida story or the Argus story.

For those interested, the definition of burglary is entering or remaining in a structure with intent to commit a crime therein. The definition of the degree of the burglarly will vary from state to state and usually involves such factors as whether the structure was occupied or unoccupied and whether the incident occurred in the nighttime or daylight.

Bad things happen when 19 yr olds are entering bars at 2:00 a.m.

Comment

http://fanpeeps.com/-eS90

this one makes it sound even worse, they have phone recordings of it.

Comment

Good research, Joeboo. Sad story...with the tape recorded cell conversations, doesn't look like a promising defense at this point.

Comment

They get a free education. That's worth a HELL of a lot if they choose to use it correctly.

Most students are deep in debt when they graduate. Some student athletes are not. Let's not act like they are getting a raw deal.

Comment

And this is the reason really good basketball players end up at NAIA schools.

Comment

What I want to know is where, as undoubtedly un-employed college kids, did they each come up with the $5,000 to be released? Perhaps mom and dad should've quit handing these kids everything years ago?

Also, the guy that was acting as a "lookout" wasn't very good at his job.

Sad deal, but not unexpected.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Moronic. And sad.

Also, joeboo, your comment on the SF media is way off base. It was the "SF media" that got the original story wrong in the first place, which made things look much worse than they actually were. No one is going to paint this situation in a positive color. Stu was one of the few who got the actual story told, and did the in-depth interview with Cody himself that was certainly less than flattering.

rowdyrabbit: They probably used a bail bondsmen. If these kids had five grand they would probably not be attempting to steal.

Back to Cody. Another amazingly bad decision that will no doubt derail his basketball career before it ever gets started.

Comment

Was this tongue in cheek?

Comment

I wonder if he'll have to serve that suspended sentence back in SF now. That could be a harsh blow for the young man. But he's a very good BB player, so he'll get another chance at Florida or somewhere else.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                                Moronic. And sad.

Also, joeboo, your comment on the SF media is way off base. It was the "SF media" that got the original story wrong in the first place, which made things look much worse than they actually were. No one is going to paint this situation in a positive color. Stu was one of the few who got the actual story told, and did the in-depth interview with Cody himself that was certainly less than flattering.

rowdyrabbit: They probably used a bail bondsmen. If these kids had five grand they would probably not be attempting to steal.

Back to Cody. Another amazingly bad decision that will no doubt derail his basketball career before it ever gets started.
                                ok maybe I was a little off base, but I still think that Stu was more of an apologist then a reporter in his article. Stu goes after things he doesn't like, he attacks SDSU (and others) at every grasp of a chance he has, yet let Cody tell his story. Maybe it was the right decision, but it just seemed (to me) that Stu and others were forgiving to him throughout his high school career. (maybe its just my anti Stu coming out)

Its just a stupid decision, I can understand the alcohol, I can even understand the drugs but to break into a car is just stupid, especially when you are on probation.

Comment

Working...
                                X