Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    How many major schools have 4 scholarships to offer? That would be a pretty sweet deal.

Most certainly would not have 4 scollies to offer. But, many schools will set on a scholarship just for circumstances such as this. If Larsen were to end up at SDSU what a freshmen class that would mount up to. Would make things very interesting. It would also lesson the impact of the 4 kids leaving the program.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      I haven't heard anything about a mutual agreement but i have heard the SDSU rumors.
      Well when the coach grants the release it becomes mutual.... The argus has some comments which are pretty close to what I have heard so I won't repeat them.... The way I was described the situation what Larson did to get suspended has turned some schools away and at the same time people close to Cody want him to stay "close to home" now I don't know if that means Big-10/Big-12 or if that means SDSU/USD.....

Comment

Whatever Cody decides, I wish him luck. But, I will roll out the red carpet gleefully if he wants to walk it into Frost Arena!

I understand his stock is very high or has been in the recent past and landing him in the yellow and blue will take nothing short of a spectacular recruiting job by Nagy, Klink, and Austin plus a lot of luck. A recruit like him coupled with our other two stellar freshmen coming in is how you build a seriously competitive program.

Just because this is total speculation and rumor doesn't bother me. The talk makes me feel a little better about the mass exodus earlier this week even if nothing actually pans out - sometimes distractions are good.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          Yeah, it's hard to know where everybody is at with Schollys. If Hayward from Butler declares, he would make a nice fit there. After SDSU of course....
          Why would he be a good fit at Butler?
          Last edited by rcjacks; 04-09-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            There is one huge benefit to Cody playing for Nagy:

It will fry Stu's mind.
            Nope. Stu doesn't have a mind to fry.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Nope. Stu doesn't have a mind to fry.
              Love it. Rep points!

Comment

If Larson joins the Jacks, with the players we already have and have joining us we might have a team that could win the Summit and go to the NCAA a number of times during their time at SDSU. 3 maybe 4 years in a row

Comment

I can dream right?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    I can dream right?
                    I like your dreams ....also, in today's argus, Cody made it sound like he was going to take his time deciding....meaning probably May until we know for sure. I just have a gut instinct on this one...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Well when the coach grants the release it becomes mutual.... The argus has some comments which are pretty close to what I have heard so I won't repeat them.... The way I was described the situation what Larson did to get suspended has turned some schools away and at the same time people close to Cody want him to stay "close to home" now I don't know if that means Big-10/Big-12 or if that means SDSU/USD.....
                      Iowa is till pretty close. This kid made some mistakes, if he learns from it, that's what life's about right? He should take an offer from State (or even USD) and show people in his own home state/town that he has changed and represent.
                      I wish him luck in any choice he makes.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        I like your dreams ....also, in today's argus, Cody made it sound like he was going to take his time deciding....meaning probably May until we know for sure. I just have a gut instinct on this one...
                        http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...20/1002/sports

Comment

If Cody Larson came to SDSU I would be so happy. He is a stud.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Agreed. Larson is a stud. Landing him would be a huge get for the Jacks, and SDSU might be a very good fit for Cody. He and Nagy seem to have similarly competitive, energetic, want-to-win personalities. It could be a great fit, especially with the rest of the young talent in Brookings. I have no idea what the chances are of Larson becoming a Jack, but I hope that he considers it.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              Rivals list these schools as having offered Cody before he committed to Iowa. I would assume though that most of them have filled that verbal by now.

Baylor
                              Colorado St
                              Nebraska
                              New Mexico
                              Nebraska has had three players leave so far.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Here is a video of Cody Larson while playing for the Schoolers. This was from last year. I do like the way he keeps stating that they are representing South Dakota. It sounds like he is proud to represent his state and I think he would be great for SDSU and South Dakota.

Cody Larson Video

I am sure his AAU coach wants him to go to a big time conference so he can tell all of his future recruits that Cody went there and they can too. But I hope he is being advised to do what is best for him.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X