Cody Larson II....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Larson II....

Why does a thread that isn't out of line, not in bad taste or not personal have to be locked? Honestly, drives me crazy about this site. Makes it seem like an overly uptight site. I understand the poster who started the thread has little credibility, but why close it? Am I the only one who thought CL could possibly end up at SDSU after both the police and new head coach incidents? Likely? Nope. Possible? Yep.

FWIW: Cody has said that Lickliter was the reason he chose Iowa and he would review his options. I also heard from a reliable Iowa booster who said Iowa might not be interested after coaching change.

Just my .02.....but if someone wants to come on a seldom visited low-major board and try to ruffle feathers, big deal. It speaks much more to his lack of life than anything else. Guy is most likely an overweight, mouthbreathing, video game playing nerd.

Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    Why does a thread that isn't out of line, not in bad taste or not personal have to be locked? Honestly, drives me crazy about this site. Makes it seem like an overly uptight site. I understand the poster who started the thread has little credibility, but why close it? Am I the only one who thought CL could possibly end up at SDSU after both the police and new head coach incidents? Likely? Nope. Possible? Yep.

FWIW: Cody has said that Lickliter was the reason he chose Iowa and he would review his options. I also heard from a reliable Iowa booster who said Iowa might not be interested after coaching change.

Just my .02.....but if someone wants to come on a seldom visited low-major board and try to ruffle feathers, big deal. It speaks much more to his lack of life than anything else. Guy is most likely an overweight, mouthbreathing, video game playing nerd.

You make a very good point and I for one was wondering the same thing about Larson and whether this would possibly change his position about Iowa and with the current problems if they had no interest anymore. He has lots of friends on the current SDSU roster and could provide alittle depth to our supposedly depleted roster. It could get interesting very soon!

Comment

I hope you don't end up in the SIN BIN (penalty box)!!!!

Comment

Absolutely agree. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the other thread. Other than the fact that Cody may have not been on campus. It's definitely possible be could change his mind and end up at SDSU. Thus, it's worth talking about.

This site sometimes tends to be a little uptight sometimes, but that does make it more enjoyable to read. For the most part you can count on the info here.

Comment

Agreed. I didn't understand why the other thread was closed either. Even if the first post was false, Cody Larson is the most highly recruited player in the state, has been on campus and been recruited by SDSU in the past, has numerous connections to the SDSU program, and is now in a situation where his previous scholarship offer/verbal is in question - I think that is perfectly ok to discuss on a message board regarding SDSU athletics.

This is no personal knock on you JackJD, but you closed it after what you thought was true was confirmed by "highly credible" BUT "anonymous" source - isn't that "not allowed" on this site. Or is that rule only in place when the athlete or situation in question is at SDSU?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I think we need to consider the source that started the thread.

I don't have any problem reading discussions on why Cody Larsen should be a Jackrabbit like this thread will hopefully turn into, but don't come on here and start a thread that stating "he's on campus" when you may or may not even be on campus yourself and are a know "Troll" of this board.

Lastly...the minute this board even resembles Bisonville(which starting a thread like the one in question reaks of), IMO is when this board turns to garbage and not something that I personally want any part of.
            I, for one, think that Filbert and the other mods do a great job of letting good discussion go without letting unsubstantated rumors run wild.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

The worthiness of the first thread depends on whether Cody actually was on campus. Haven't seen any verification of that. ... Would I like to see Cody in a Jacks uniform? Sure. He's a good player. But if he's sticking with Iowa, let's move on.
              This space for lease.

Comment

I would be happy to see Cody Larson as a Jack. He's an immensely talented player that would benefit from a strong coach like Nagy and talented players around him. I put the chances of him coming here, however, at about 5%.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  I would be happy to see Cody Larson as a Jack. He's an immensely talented player that would benefit from a strong coach like Nagy and talented players around him. I put the chances of him coming here, however, at about 5%.
                  That's 5% more than I would want.....lot of baggage and character issues
                  Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                  Muhammad Ali

Comment

Congrats to JackJD for keeping the nonsense and crap under control. If you wanted to discuss Cody Larson's chances for coming to SDSU (0% just IMO), fine...I assume that is what this thread is. Opening threads with false premises by known trolls just puts more garbage on the site...i.e., OH, was he on campus...OH, I didn't see him...OH, if he was on campus, must mean he is interested...OH lock the darn thread and start one that is premised only on discussion and personal opinions.

Comment

I think this site is starting to get a bit over regulated and that can be just as damaging to board participation as the lack of regulation on boards such as Bisonville. If every post has to be backed up by multiple sources than the pure fun of speculation (as long as it's not damaging the repuation of the individual) is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I think this site is starting to get a bit over regulated and that can be just as damaging to board participation as the lack of regulation on boards such as Bisonville. If every post has to be backed up by multiple sources than the pure fun of speculation (as long as it's not damaging the repuation of the individual) is gone.
                        I'll agree to disagree with you.

I appreciate the civility and order that is kept around here. Bisonville and alot of other boards are zoo's, it's nice not having to wade through the crap to find good information here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          I'll agree to disagree with you.

I appreciate the civility and order that is kept around here. Bisonville and alot of other boards are zoo's, it's nice not having to wade through the crap to find good information here.
                          Yep, we have one Zoo on here and that is enough.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Fair comments and concerns. I have no problem with a thread being started to discuss a highly-sought-after recruit and speculating on one who is not an athlete here but some would like to have enrolled, is fine in my book (filbert's book is the one that counts!).

Two things were wrong with the thread that was locked. The thread was opened by a poster who has been flirting with a ban for several reasons including, for example, violating filbert's rule about posting under several aliases. Second, the opening post falsely implied Larson had been on campus and was investigating SDSU. I would not have locked the thread based on the second reason, standing alone. The reason I shut it down is because of the poster who started the thread. What the poster said is typical of the posts from that person under several aliases, all of which have been closed down with the exception of the Just in the Crowd alias.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Fair comments and concerns. I have no problem with a thread being started to discuss a highly-sought-after recruit and speculating on one who is not an athlete here but some would like to have enrolled, is fine in my book (filbert's book is the one that counts!).

Two things were wrong with the thread that was locked. The thread was opened by a poster who has been flirting with a ban for several reasons including, for example, violating filbert's rule about posting under several aliases. Second, the opening post falsely implied Larson had been on campus and was investigating SDSU. I would not have locked the thread based on the second reason, standing alone. The reason I shut it down is because of the poster who started the thread. What the poster said is typical of the posts from that person under several aliases, all of which have been closed down with the exception of the Just in the Crowd alias.
                              Are you saying Just in the Crowd is CCDeville who was Tradition who was lakesbison? Seems logical

Comment

Working...
                              X