Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Fair comments and concerns. I have no problem with a thread being started to discuss a highly-sought-after recruit and speculating on one who is not an athlete here but some would like to have enrolled, is fine in my book (filbert's book is the one that counts!).

Two things were wrong with the thread that was locked. The thread was opened by a poster who has been flirting with a ban for several reasons including, for example, violating filbert's rule about posting under several aliases. Second, the opening post falsely implied Larson had been on campus and was investigating SDSU. I would not have locked the thread based on the second reason, standing alone. The reason I shut it down is because of the poster who started the thread. What the poster said is typical of the posts from that person under several aliases, all of which have been closed down with the exception of the Just in the Crowd alias.
    Brief history, when this forum was started and maintained by others oh so many years ago it was plagued by several drive-by, non-SDSU fans who liked to create commotion and spread false tales without respect to anyone. Those with greater wisdom and ability than I took the reigns and gained local control of the forum. The board was immediately a much better place.

If you want a forum where wild speculation and a sense of "I heard this first" is important than this isn't the place to frequent as a poster. I, for one, support the decisions of our moderators.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to disrespect the site or any MOD or anything like that. I appreciate this site and the time spent by filbert and others who help keep it running.

I did see a very good Roosy GIRLS player last night and she was discussing her college options. Interesting.

Comment

I've been needing to get this of my chest for awhile now: BRING BACK THE MAVBOTS!!!!!

Only joking.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

First, let me say if there is anything that has toned my language on this board and that is I believed Filbert himself who said that we have to remember that just about any person can read this board be it officals or unofficals at SDSU. If you bring out the dirty laundry, you are asking for trouble. I think the moderators have used good judgement and well about Cody....?????

Cody right now and his future plans are sort of an enigma at best. I am too lazy to back track, but did he sign a fall letter of intent at the U of Iowa? If so would he not need a release before visiting other campuses and talking to other coaches? If he was at SDSU to visit some of his buddies on the current roster, then we should not make too much of it. The kid has the freedom to visit.

Comment

I had no problem with the first thread being closed. I seem to agree it was started to get Jacks fans to drool over the idea of Cody changing his mind about where he is going to college. May as well wait to hear from Cody before fans start getting out of control and finally let down if he doesn't make a change in his decision.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
              Just to clarify, I didn't mean to disrespect the site or any MOD or anything like that. I appreciate this site and the time spent by filbert and others who help keep it running.

I did see a very good Roosy GIRLS player last night and she was discussing her college options. Interesting.
              No offense was taken. And, what the heck. Moderators are fair game: you can disrespect the barkeeps all you want. We have pretty thick hides (but we also know how to block posters! )

SF Rabbit's motion to bring back the MavBots was funny! People who have been on this board a long time will remember what a pain in the backside the Mavbots were.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                No offense was taken. And, what the heck. Moderators are fair game: you can disrespect the barkeeps all you want. We have pretty thick hides (but we also know how to block posters! )

SF Rabbit's motion to bring back the MavBots was funny! People who have been on this board a long time will remember what a pain in the backside the Mavbots were.
                YEAH! Mavbots were trolling before anyone knew who lakes was.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Personally, I am glad there are some rules and some authority figures around here. Makes for a much more civil discussion based on more reliable information.

It's Filbert's world. We just live in it.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Huh? Waht? Huh?

(I've been out living in the real world the past couple of days . . . looks like Situation Normal around here . . . )
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Larson released from Iowa!

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ATES/100409020

Comment

Could that be a reason for the sudden openings in our number of schollies available? Not speculating, but you have to wonder about the timing.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          Could that be a reason for the sudden openings in our number of schollies available? Not speculating, but you have to wonder about the timing.
                          Larson to SDSU will not happen. He'll go to a major or high mid-major before he even considers SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                            Larson to SDSU will not happen. He'll go to a major or high mid-major before he even considers SDSU.
                            You're probably right, but there's a nagging little nugget in the back of my head that's says there has to be a connection between the two. Talking about it with my boss and he asked me "Do you really believe in coincidences?"

It could be just that, a coincidence. But my gut is telling me otherwise.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              You're probably right, but there's a nagging little nugget in the back of my head that's says there has to be a connection between the two. Talking about it with my boss and he asked me "Do you really believe in coincidences?"

It could be just that, a coincidence. But my gut is telling me otherwise.
                              Rader's scholarship was pulled before Larson got out of his NLI, and TV (who probably knows more about what happened than any of us) believes that Rader was going to lose his scholarship regardless of any other factors--including the departure of AC.

I'm sure Hanson & Nagy have contacted Larson, but I doubt there's a direct cause/effect link there.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at SDSU. I know speculation and rumors aren't allowed, but I don't feel like these rumors hurt anybody's reputation so I'll share that I've heard for a month now that Cody was coming to SDSU and that he has been visiting campus.

I never really believed the rumors, but when I found out Cordova was leaving, it seemed to make more sense. AC might have been realizing that his starting spot was in jeopardy with the four new post players (Fiegen/Heemstra/Dykstra/Larson)

Moderators: Like I said, here-say and rumors aren't really allowed here, so my post can be deleted if needed. I would name my sources, but they aren't important enough to substantiate any of the information.

Comment

Working...
                                X