Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    "They were at a bar, they had been drinking and they kind of did an impulsive act."

Read the article linked two posts above yours.
    now I see it.....

Comment

Cody spoke at a FCA gathering last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
        I trust he recognized that his behavior has not exactly been consistent with the Christian philosophy. As Christians FCA members will certainly forgive him if he is repentant. If indeed this was step in that direction than I support it, not that my support matters.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          In reality, these kids did something kind of stupid, but they really do not deserve hard time. I think its right for the court to reduce the charges base on what has been reported. It will put the D1 transfer theories to rest, I would hope and Mr. Larsen will complete his career at Florida.
          I don't think anyone is looking for him to serve hard time, at least I am not. While I agree with the charges being reduced, I do not like seeing athletes 'get away' with things. If he was drinking like the story leads me to believe, why is he 'getting away' with that offense? If he is going to keep making mistakes, how many chances does he get? I hope he does settle down and keep him name out of the headlines, unless it is from actual sporting events.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
            I don't think anyone is looking for him to serve hard time, at least I am not. While I agree with the charges being reduced, I do not like seeing athletes 'get away' with things. If he was drinking like the story leads me to believe, why is he 'getting away' with that offense? If he is going to keep making mistakes, how many chances does he get? I hope he does settle down and keep him name out of the headlines, unless it is from actual sporting events.
            I believe he is at the end of his rope and if the information is correct about speaking at the FCA gathering, then I sense some repentance on his part. The kid has the GPA and talent that should not go to waste, and maybe he is starting to figure that out. Reading the Argus article, Cody still has to deal with the probation in South Dakota. Everyone one who has a dog in this fight seems to be in a wait and see position including Billy Donavon.

It does not make any sense for the State of SD to pay for transportaion back to SD to do jail time. I would be looking at other options.

Comment

The State of South Dakota does not need to pay for transportation. He can be ordered back to the State by his Court Services Officer and/or have a felony warrant issued for his arrest. Given that he is on felony probation, he would be ill advised not to high tail it back to South Dakota if told to do so. If he is convicted of the misdemeanor charge by pleading guilty or by guilty verdict, it would be a violation of one of the terms of his suspended sentence (being a law abiding citizen) which could lead to the imposition of some or all of the suspended sentence.

If he received what's called a suspended imposition of sentence from the court, which he must have, he could have the suspended imp revoked and then be resentenced to whatever the court would then find to be appropriate, up to the maximum sentence for the offense, given the failure to abide by the terms of probation.

Most probationers do, and should, get brought back into court when there is a violation of probation conditions as they have also violated the confidence or trust the court has placed in them when giving them the favor of a suspended sentence and probation.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                Just a second, Just in the crowd...you've had credibility problems on this board. Is your report accurate or are you just stirring the pot, seeing what kind of comments you can goad others into making? Just wondering....

Anyone else aware of Larson speaking at FCA?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU82 View Post
                  The State of South Dakota does not need to pay for transportation. He can be ordered back to the State by his Court Services Officer and/or have a felony warrant issued for his arrest. Given that he is on felony probation, he would be ill advised not to high tail it back to South Dakota if told to do so. If he is convicted of the misdemeanor charge by pleading guilty or by guilty verdict, it would be a violation of one of the terms of his suspended sentence (being a law abiding citizen) which could lead to the imposition of some or all of the suspended sentence.

If he received what's called a suspended imposition of sentence from the court, which he must have, he could have the suspended imp revoked and then be resentenced to whatever the court would then find to be appropriate, up to the maximum sentence for the offense, given the failure to abide by the terms of probation.

Most probationers do, and should, get brought back into court when there is a violation of probation conditions as they have also violated the confidence or trust the court has placed in them when giving them the favor of a suspended sentence and probation.
                  Thanks. You have explained adequately to me. I trust you work with the court system on a daily basis, and your useage of "if" suggests that you do not have first hand knowledge of this case but do understand how the court system works. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Just a second, Just in the crowd...you've had credibility problems on this board. Is your report accurate or are you just stirring the pot, seeing what kind of comments you can goad others into making? Just wondering....

Anyone else aware of Larson speaking at FCA?
                    For what it's worth: I've heard from other members of this board who confirm Cody spoke at an FCA meeting.

...still trying to figure out why Just in the Crowd even brought that up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      For what it's worth: I've heard from other members of this board who confirm Cody spoke at an FCA meeting.

...still trying to figure out why Just in the Crowd even brought that up.
                      Could have just been what he thought was an interesting (and somewhat related) factoid....? one could see how it might be construed as a bit of irony.

Comment

The church is for sinners, not saints.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          The church is for sinners, not saints.
                          Amen

Comment

Working...
                          X