Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Unless things have changed, a 3.7 GPA seems awful high for a 23 ACT score.
    I think it all depends on how well you take standardized tests... for example, I had a 2.9 GPA in high school but a 26 ACT. One of my friends had a 3.5 GPA and only an 18 on the ACT.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

To SF Rabbit Fan: Thank you. And yes we did. We talked with their coach, Chris Johnson, about what they were going to do without these two players as they moved forward, because they still had 10 games left in their season. Also keep in mind, these were a pair of seniors, 21 and 22 years old, legal adults no matter how you slice it. It was also much more of a local story.

If we get Billy Donavan on the show again, as we did last fall, we will probably talk about Cody.
      Last edited by MikeHenriksen; 04-14-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Yes was not Cody Larson one of the all time greats at Roosvelt High? He was so great that Stu had him -pegged for the NBA. S@it happens and I do not feel and remorse for your buddy Stu or Paul Seville or any of you SF hot shots.

In fact I am laughing at you guys as you spin away on Sports Talk and the other media outlets. Parenting or the lack of it appears to be an issue with Cody and whoever had custody can now be very proud of themselves or very regretfull for doing such a horrible job.
        These hateful words should not be tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Why young people fail to see the consequences of their actions? Apparently you never made a mistake when you were young.
          Oh yes I did make mistakes. This why the question is so puzzling as I approach my 70th birthday. Maturity and experience are not present in young minds and that is what frustrates me more than anything else. I got a feeling Cody in his own mind will relive this evening over and over and wish he could take it back, but he can not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Yes was not Cody Larson one of the all time greats at Roosvelt High? He was so great that Stu had him -pegged for the NBA. S@it happens and I do not feel and remorse for your buddy Stu or Paul Seville or any of you SF hot shots.

In fact I am laughing at you guys as you spin away on Sports Talk and the other media outlets. Parenting or the lack of it appears to be an issue with Cody and whoever had custody can now be very proud of themselves or very regretfull for doing such a horrible job.
            Pretty mature post here.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Pretty mature post here.
              Thanks I had that one coming. My intend was not to comment on this tragedy, but after the 10 page police report was posted to this board, I kind of let loose on the SF media who has received all kinds of mileage on Cody Larson ups and downs. Sports figures are news no matter what they do,

Its sad situation which I do not wish to say any more about. You young guys can kick me in the groin again if you like. I got it coming.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 04-14-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                Laugh away if you wish. However, you should probably have your facts straight first.

This incident involving Cody has not been discussed on my show. It has not even been mentioned. The off court problems of a 19 year old kid, even if he is a high profile athlete, is not something I choose to cover.

Could that change? Maybe. However, I have had 19 year olds that made mistakes and would not want that played out in a public forum. I can't stop it, but that does not mean I have to contribute to it.

I think this rotten weather has gotten the best of your usual jovial nature, Nidaros.
                Mike:
                I retrack my comments. They were uncalled for. You too, can kick me in the grion. I will soon be walking with a cane or on crutches because of these comments.

Comment

I wouldn't think of it Nidaros! It did sound pretty out of character for you, which is why it caught me off guard!

The weather, and our moods, will both improve soon! Be well my friend!

Comment

Per Orlando Sentinel:

...After reviewing the case, the state's attorney in St. Johns County reduced their charges to misdemeanor trespassing....

Full article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6054462.story
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Per Orlando Sentinel:

...After reviewing the case, the state's attorney in St. Johns County reduced their charges to misdemeanor trespassing....

Full article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6054462.story
                      So I wonder why if Cody is only 19 years old, is he not being charged with minor consumption?
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                        So I wonder why if Cody is only 19 years old, is he not being charged with minor consumption?
                        I haven't seen anywhere where they were drinking.

I do question how they couldn't prosecute this case. Between the tape calls, eye witnesses and having 3 of them (you can always flip one) I have a hard time believing that the fact that they play basketball at Florida didn't have anything to do with it.

But my understanding of the law is from what I learned from watching Law & Order.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          I haven't seen anywhere where they were drinking.

I do question how they couldn't prosecute this case. Between the tape calls, eye witnesses and having 3 of them (you can always flip one) I have a hard time believing that the fact that they play basketball at Florida didn't have anything to do with it.

But my understanding of the law is from what I learned from watching Law & Order.
                          "They were at a bar, they had been drinking and they kind of did an impulsive act."

Read the article linked two posts above yours.

Comment

I was reading Stu's article in the Argus and I was wondering which Sioux Falls High School Cody graduated from?

Comment

In reality, these kids did something kind of stupid, but they really do not deserve hard time. I think its right for the court to reduce the charges base on what has been reported. It will put the D1 transfer theories to rest, I would hope and Mr. Larsen will complete his career at Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                                I was reading Stu's article in the Argus and I was wondering which Sioux Falls High School Cody graduated from?
                                Roosevelt. Class of 2010. It was in the second line of the story.
                                Last edited by MikeHenriksen; 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X