Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I wonder if he'll have to serve that suspended sentence back in SF now. That could be a harsh blow for the young man. But he's a very good BB player, so he'll get another chance at Florida or somewhere else.
    your absolutely right, if you have talent you get every chance there is (right or wrong). However looking at 120 day sentence in SF, plus this (they have recorded phone conversations) I'd be surprised if he is playing at Florida next year. My guess is if he isn't in a jail cell he'll be at a JuCo next year.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Maybe if these AMATEUR athletes got paid more for their "services to the schools and the NCAA".... they wouldn't have to try and steal to make ends meet...
      A VERY weak argument. They are getting a free education, plus room and board. It's arguments like this is why there are so many problems today.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        A VERY weak argument. They are getting a free education, plus room and board. It's arguments like this is why there are so many problems today.
        It was Sarcasm... Hence the

Comment

This is a very unfortunate situation. I will reserve my comments until the judical process is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            your absolutely right, if you have talent you get every chance there is (right or wrong). However looking at 120 day sentence in SF, plus this (they have recorded phone conversations) I'd be surprised if he is playing at Florida next year. My guess is if he isn't in a jail cell he'll be at a JuCo next year.
            I think you are right.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Comment

The story is on the AOL homepage. There were 22 comments at the time I read it. Coaches comments added in the story. Not a pretty sight!

Comment

• Re: 2011 recruits

What are your thoughts about Cody Larson. No hidden question here, just curious what people are thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                  What are your thoughts about Cody Larson. No hidden question here, just curious what people are thinking.
                  He has issues. I think that would sum it up my thoughts on him.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

proverbial 10 foot pole doesn't come anywhere close.

Comment

honestly, I think he'd have to do all the recruiting himself, go as a walk-on for the year that he'd have to sit out and if there was even the slightest rumor that he had been involved with anything close to illegal or unethical he'd be out.

And honestly I think that with his talent/size he'll get a better option somewhere else. I was told from people who know Cody that his family really wanted him to stay close when he was released from him LOI to Iowa, however I really don't know what to expect from him.

My guess is he'll go JuCo, say he's reformed and get a ton of offers. But I really don't know, he could be looking at over a year in jail in relations to this crime and the 120 days suspended in Sioux Falls. My guess is Florida and therefore any other school won't make any decision until its all figured out.

A lot of people are mentioning Iowa State, they recently had a de-commitment and there coach has had no problem taking on transfers with problems (Royce White from Minnesota is a prime example)

Comment

I heard he transferred to Penn State.

Comment

I think the Argus is going a little overboard with this...

Comment

Originally posted by jacks14 View Post

wow, I'm surprised the actual recording of this was released before trial, I thought maybe they would release a transcript, but wow.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks14 View Post

Everybody loves a good train wreck.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                wow, I'm surprised the actual recording of this was released before trial, I thought maybe they would release a transcript, but wow.
                                Florida has some insanely media friendly open-record laws. They can obtain about anything cops record or write down,even during an investigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X