Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cody Larson II....

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Rader's scholarship was pulled before Larson got out of his NLI, and TV (who probably knows more about what happened than any of us) believes that Rader was going to lose his scholarship regardless of any other factors--including the departure of AC.

I'm sure Hanson & Nagy have contacted Larson, but I doubt there's a direct cause/effect link there.
    Again, you're probably right.... but with the timing of both announcements, it sure gets the ol' imagination running.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I want Cody Larson to find the best place for him to play basketball, get a college education, and develop into the best man he can be. The events of the last few months have no doubt created difficulty and challenge for Cody. Some of that brought on by his own poor decisions and some completely out of his control. Regardless, its what he learns and how he comes out in the end that really matters. I won't judge someone solely on their high school behavior. Best of luck to Cody, I hope he finds a place where he can excel on and off the court.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There is one huge benefit to Cody playing for Nagy:

It will fry Stu's mind.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

It sounds like he's been through a lot in the last few months and that may make SDSU feel more and more comfortable and the right place for him in the long run. Is it likely? Probably not.

One thing that can't be discount is the chance he would have to play in the Summitt League Championship in his home town. He also may have a close relationship with the Madison kids and the newcomers from Iowa which would make for a fun experience.

Time will tell.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I want Cody Larson to find the best place for him to play basketball, get a college education, and develop into the best man he can be. The events of the last few months have no doubt created difficulty and challenge for Cody. Some of that brought on by his own poor decisions and some completely out of his control. Regardless, its what he learns and how he comes out in the end that really matters. I won't judge someone solely on their high school behavior. Best of luck to Cody, I hope he finds a place where he can excel on and off the court.
            Basketball court that is. As opposed to criminal. Although, after a super education at SDSU, lawyers can emerge that excel in criminal too.

UUUMMMMMM, Those pies keep looking better.

Comment

There is one huge benefit to Cody playing for Nagy:

It will fry Stu's mind.
              Sorry. Somebody or something already beat Cody to it.

Comment

Rivals list these schools as having offered Cody before he committed to Iowa. I would assume though that most of them have filled that verbal by now.

Baylor
                Colorado St
                Nebraska
                New Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                  Rivals list these schools as having offered Cody before he committed to Iowa. I would assume though that most of them have filled that verbal by now.

Baylor
                  Colorado St
                  Nebraska
                  New Mexico
                  Yeah, it's hard to know where everybody is at with Schollys. If Hayward from Butler declares, he would make a nice fit there. After SDSU of course....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Yeah, it's hard to know where everybody is at with Schollys. If Hayward from Butler declares, he would make a nice fit there. After SDSU of course....
                    I had heard that he would be released/scholarship pulled.... I was told it was a mutual agreement, Iowa's new coach wasn't happy with Larson's suspension and Larson wasn't happy with the new coach....

As far as Larson, I think there is more going to SDSU then people think.... From what I've heard and who I have talked to I believe it to be 50-50 he ends up at SDSU.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I had heard that he would be released/scholarship pulled.... I was told it was a mutual agreement, Iowa's new coach wasn't happy with Larson's suspension and Larson wasn't happy with the new coach....

As far as Larson, I think there is more going to SDSU then people think.... From what I've heard and who I have talked to I believe it to be 50-50 he ends up at SDSU.....
                      I haven't heard anything about a mutual agreement but i have heard the SDSU rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                        Larson to SDSU will not happen. He'll go to a major or high mid-major before he even considers SDSU.
                        How many major schools have 4 scholarships to offer? That would be a pretty sweet deal.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          How many major schools have 4 scholarships to offer? That would be a pretty sweet deal.

They only need 1
                          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                            They only need 1
                            It was a joke...
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

there is one huge benefit to cody playing for nagy:

It will fry stu's mind.
                              lol!

Comment

Fried Stu's Mind?

YUM!!!

(Good with pie!)

(You knew that was coming, didn't you?)

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X