2013 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Yep, Watertown Public Opinion today had a short story with a picture, reporting Chynna Stevens made a verbal commitment to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Seems like I read somewhere, that this young lady lived in Vermillion for most of her life. Those who know her family probably can explain. Not that its important, we all got to live somewhere. She has to have something to offer the program, otherwise AJ would not have offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Seems like I read somewhere, that this young lady lived in Vermillion for most of her life. Those who know her family probably can explain. Not that its important, we all got to live somewhere. She has to have something to offer the program, otherwise AJ would not have offered.
        Her father is from Clark, SD and graduated from SDSU. He then went to law school at USD and spent about 10 years in Vermillion. The family returned to Clark 3 or 4 years ago. The coyotes were never in the picture for this girl. She is a Jackrabbit through and through.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Her father is from Clark, SD and graduated from SDSU. He then went to law school at USD and spent about 10 years in Vermillion. The family returned to Clark 3 or 4 years ago. The coyotes were never in the picture for this girl. She is a Jackrabbit through and through.
          Thanks I suspected that was maybe a connection. I hope Ms. Stevens does well and represents Clark well,

Comment

Congratulations to our newest verbally committed recruit,Chynna Stevens ,and her Northern Lites team mates on their championship of the Miss Basketball Minn Showcase tournament.In the title game, Miss Stevens scored 14 pts as her team defeated the ND Freeze 66-46.Also,congratulations go out to the rest of her team, including Heidi Hoff (USD recruit) and Riley Nordgaard (Augie)Link...http://www.missbasketball.com/minn/2...ensbracket.pdf

AS a side note,since it pertains to the Miss basketball Minn Showcase,Caitlin Duffy (St Thomas Moore)broke Sammantha Logics record for Avg pts scored in the tournament,Samantha had 18.33 per game ,Caitlin scored at a 18.75 pts per game pace.(Sammantha Logic is a very big recruit for the Iowa Hawkeyes).Emily Fedders (Yankton?) was also a scoring machinee during the tournament.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-27-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Per TV's Twitter:

SDSU got a verbal from Glencoe-Silver Lake Jr. post Clarissa Ober, according to her dad, former Jacks star Cullen Ober. http://myalt.us/269z
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

That's great news,someone along the lines of Sunnarborg and Lingle in the pipeline,big welcome to the newest verbal Clarissa

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Per TV's Twitter:

SDSU got a verbal from Glencoe-Silver Lake Jr. post Clarissa Ober, according to her dad, former Jacks star Cullen Ober. http://myalt.us/269z
                  Just looked at the Minnesota class of 2013 rankings at gprep.net and Ober is ranked just out of the top 30 prospects - their rankings tend to be biased to Twin Cities players who play on their summer AAU teams. Also noticed that there is another Waytashek from Centennial High ranked in the top 30 in 2013 - would guess this is Megan's sister ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Per TV's Twitter:

Time really flies, it was just yesterday, that Cullen was playing. A good player in his time. Does he have any 6'10 sons?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Just looked at the Minnesota class of 2013 rankings at gprep.net and Ober is ranked just out of the top 30 prospects - their rankings tend to be biased to Twin Cities players who play on their summer AAU teams. Also noticed that there is another Waytashek from Centennial High ranked in the top 30 in 2013 - would guess this is Megan's sister ?
                      We seem to be recruiting folks that are a little lower in these specific rankings the past few years - I'm not sure if that is an indicator of their talent or not as it is just one set of rankings. Megan Waytashek was I believe 3rd in her class in these rankings (our highest get), our two bigs from this past year were ranked in the top 20 I think, and now Jessica Hart and Ober are a little lower yet.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

You may be right about the rankings, but the way I seemed to remember it was that the numbers you used for Waytashek were her ranking when she signed the letter, not when she verballed as a junior. If that number is correct when she verballed (before the junior season), it would seem to me we should always be looking at the ranking (FWTIW) when they actually sign as a senior.

Comment

I love to see us get as many of the regional kids who have DI talent, but shouldn't our success provide opportunities outside of our normal footprint to get perhaps even more talented kids? I'm not as caught up in where they come from as others as once they are a Jack it's irrevelant.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            I love to see us get as many of the regional kids who have DI talent, but shouldn't our success provide opportunities outside of our normal footprint to get perhaps even more talented kids? I'm not as caught up in where they come from as others as once they are a Jack it's irrevelant.
                            this^^^

Comment

happen to come across this on mn gpreps: paige waytashek (Centennial) rated #22 in mn top 30 2013 college prospects. listed as a 5' 10" guard. uh, i'm guessing this is megan's sister?

Comment

Originally Posted by JACKGUYIII love to see us get as many of the regional kids who have DI talent, but shouldn't our success provide opportunities outside of our normal footprint to get perhaps even more talented kids? I'm not as caught up in where they come from as others as once they are a Jack it's irrevelant.

Getting the best in our four state region or getting players passed over further away (out of our footprint)There's a reason those areas are out of our footprint ( they're in someone elses,or multiple teams).We have to build our program up a little more to get hoop girlz top 100 type players.
                                You do that with winning.I think AJ's doing a good job at providing wins thus far.I think of it as going from one stepping stone to the next.If you try and rush it too much, it can end up hurting you more than you helping yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X