Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Seen her play a couple of times myself. She has great skills, but hate to say it...IMO she is lazy on D. Hate to say that about a 17-18 year old, but it was very surprising to me. I do think AJ can bring out the D in her...if not she'll be playing for DWU sooner than later. Again don't mean to be so critical but she has to step up her intensity at the next level.
    I watched the AA girls championship,Mitchell played awful and our recruits played,not so good.It figures, the first time i watch them, they play poorly,i think i jinxed 'em.
    I've watched our women not do the things they should too sometimes,it's hard to play perfectly all game long.
    Example: everyone blocked out their player on shot,leaving large empty area under basket,player x had her player behind her too, but just stood there watching the ball while her opponent went right by her and secured the rebound.Unawareness?If she would have kept her body between her and the ball, we would have had a crucial rebound .
    It's referred to as basketball IQ I believe,because it should have been taught by the time they reach the Div 1 level.Small things accumulate during the course of the game and sometimes mean the difference between victory or defeat in an evenly matched close game.It's simple,make less mistakes and you have a decided advantage through out the game,start making silly mistakes, and things snowball on you,then you have to worry about the other team going on a big run,while you're twiddling your thumbs trying to regain your composure and right the ship.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-10-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
      sorry about the grammatical errors. Stuck on chair after breaking leg on the 23 of Feb and had to wait until tuesday the 6 of March with both my Tib and Fib broken badly just above the ankle. Ihad plenty of TV time to watchour prospects in the tourney. I have been on hydrocodone and oxycodone since my accident that I had while taking the kids on sledding on Larson hill. My pain meds have made me a little loopy and it makes it hard to stay focused. The toughest pill to swallow was having to sell my 3rd row summit league tickets.
      Sorry to hear that SDSUDrake - I know exactly how you feel- I did that plus a dislocated ankle - I joke that I have more hardware in my leg than Home Depot. Rest easy and enjoy March Madness and do everything that the Docs tell you with regard to resting and rehab.
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

I talked to a fellow in Clark who has seen the young gal Stevens play. Defense and attitude will be her learning curve. She may be a little less full of herself when the competition presents itself. If the coaching staff did not think the potential for adapting was there, it would be a stretch to think they would encourage her to come to SDSU. She has the skill base or the rest would not be considered. It has been rare to see AJ have recruits leave, but you are always due regardless of the past success.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This might be a backwards thought process, but I think Chynna Stevens could a ton of upside if she has to fight for minutes. At this level she won't able to take a play off in practice without someone eating her lunch and I think that competition will even through this summer practices will help improve game. I think she has the physical tools to make an impact as a freshman if her attitude is right.

Comment

SDSU recruits Kerri Young and Macy Miller were named Argus Leader co-players of the year.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

It would be a great progression for both of them to be a newcomer of the year for the Summit over the next 2 years.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X