Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    happen to come across this on mn gpreps: paige waytashek (Centennial) rated #22 in mn top 30 2013 college prospects. listed as a 5' 10" guard. uh, i'm guessing this is megan's sister?
    oooops................apologies. i just noticed this was mentioned in an earlier post.

Comment

Found this little tidbit about our new verbally committed player Clarissa ,sounds like she's a hard worker and loves basketball.

http://www.startribune.com/templates...?sid=103889903

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I love to see us get as many of the regional kids who have DI talent, but shouldn't our success provide opportunities outside of our normal footprint to get perhaps even more talented kids? I'm not as caught up in where they come from as others as once they are a Jack it's irrevelant.
        SDSU doesn't need to go too far out of the region. There are a TON of Div. I girls basketball players in the state of MN, and that's just counting one state/location. Here's a good indicator of what MN has to offer right now:

http://gprep.net/200rankings.html
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          SDSU doesn't need to go too far out of the region. There are a TON of Div. I girls basketball players in the state of MN, and that's just counting one state/location. Here's a good indicator of what MN has to offer right now:

http://gprep.net/200rankings.html
          anybody at sdsu good friends with becca dahlman and savannah trapp?!?

Comment

In my first year as an assistant coach, I had the honor of coaching against Clark/Willow Lake at the state tournament this season. Chynna Stevens is all that and a bag of chips! She drove it in on us against man and hit jumpers and threes on us against the zone. She looks like she put on about 20 pounds (muscle) since I last seen her play in the 2010 tournament. She still has plenty of upside and SDSU fans will be pleased with her when she arrives on campus. One player that I was impressed with also and who gave us fits in the paint was Chynna's 6'2" teammate, Mackenzie Huber (only a freshman), who is a post. She has a frame somewhat similar to Melissa Pater. The only "glitch" I could see is that when we switched to zone, she couldn't really hit from the outside. If C/WL develops a good guard or two they could be the favorites to win a state title next year!

Comment

Per TV's twitter:
              Prior Lake junior post Tiffaney Flaata (6-2) has given a verbal to South Dakota State per prep coach Mike Gidley. Double-double last 2 yrs.
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Per TV tweet - SDSU has received verbal from Prior Lake,MN junior 6'2" post Tiffany Flaata. 20th ranked 2013 player in MN according to gprep.net

Comment

Two talls in that class (along with Ober)... How many total available - 3? (assuming we fill last one here in 12). 4 I guess if Paluch plays next year and doesn't redshirt.

Comment

Should be 4 available if Steph plays - 3 spots already taken with Flaata,Ober and Stevens.

Comment

• Re: 2013 Recruiting

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Should be 4 available if Steph plays - 3 spots already taken with Flaata,Ober and Stevens.
                      Kerry Young, Mitchell has verballed to right?

Comment

Did any body see the 6'8" gal in that 2013 class, Savanna Trapp from Esko MN. I saw her name on http://gprep.net/200rankings.html which was posted earlier. I would imagine after Britney Grimes success that she wil have plenty of suiters for the next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                          Did any body see the 6'8" gal in that 2013 class, Savanna Trapp from Esko MN. I saw her name on http://gprep.net/200rankings.html which was posted earlier. I would imagine after Britney Grimes success that she wil have plenty of suiters for the next year or two.
                          On her ESPN recruiting profile, they only gave her two stars (out of five) nationally, which might turn off some of the bigger programs. That would give SDSU as good a shot as anyone. Can you imagine what a player like that could do in the Summit League? With AJ, she could develop into a NCAA all-time great. Here is some video of her (the video is of her AAU teammate but you will notice her): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNO1G4sc3I

Comment

Savana appeared to get pushed around, and no jumping. However, what 15 year old 6-8 person with a thin frame is coordinated and ready to put it on the floor and move it around on the inside? But in 4 yrs? Under the tutalage of a great coach? This could be a post for the Jacks WBB.

Raw and clumsy now, but there is a LOT of potential there.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Savana appeared to get pushed around, and no jumping. However, what 15 year old 6-8 person with a thin frame is coordinated and ready to put it on the floor and move it around on the inside? But in 4 yrs? Under the tutalage of a great coach? This could be a post for the Jacks WBB.

Raw and clumsy now, but there is a LOT of potential there.

But in her defense, this video is someone else's highlight video, so it isn't like her best plays were picked out. Would like to see a video of her best to see what the potential is. But I agree with your assessment based on these plays.

Comment

Something in the Argus today about a recruit that SDSU women had got a verbal from 6 foot 2..I think from Prior Lake, MN. Don't get the paper but read it while having lunch. Don't remember the details but I think she was a junior this year. Should be more information soon I would think.

Comment

Working...
                                X