2013 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting

She's also getting a fantastic education at Purdue.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      She's also getting a fantastic education at Purdue.
      So? She would have gotten a fantastic education at SDSU as well. Glad for her that she can get just as good an education at Purdue, since that was her choice for basketball.

Comment

Young commits

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/even...roup/homepage/

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          wow. that would be fantastic!

i still like to see the "signature", tho. not a slam at anyone at all---anybody that follows college recruiting knows what i mean.

Comment

I guess most phone books in SD have substantial listings for the surname Young and Mitchell apparently is not different. The article says Jill Young and Kerrie Young are not related. Both will impact SDSU WBB though. Finally this puts to rest a thought I had went Kerrie Young was first mentioned on this board, and that was is she related to Jill.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              So? She would have gotten a fantastic education at SDSU as well. Glad for her that she can get just as good an education at Purdue, since that was her choice for basketball.

I understand, but there is a difference between the two schools. Saying that you received a Big Ten education is something that employers pay attention too. It does depend on the major, but the majority will get you a step ahead out of school. Now if it was an SEC school, I wouldn't be saying the same thing. Your dog could get accepted to those schools.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                wow. that would be fantastic!

i still like to see the "signature", tho. not a slam at anyone at all---anybody that follows college recruiting knows what i mean.
                You can't "sign" until your Sr. year.

Comment

There won't be very many of our current players left do to graduation when she joins the team.Now that we are big time in sports, it would be nice to have a scholarship chart to examine.

Comment

Saying that you received a Big Ten education is something that employers pay attention too.
                    For a few years, maybe. But by the time you're 30, it shouldn't really matter where you were 8 years earlier--maybe an Ivy league diploma has a longer shelf life, but I'd certainly be more interested in recent work and professional references/credentials...

Now if it was an SEC school, I wouldn't be saying the same thing. Your dog could get accepted to those schools.
                    No doubt:

Comment

Has this been posted yet? I didn't find it anywhere so sorry if it is double posted. Anyways per the Young conversation a few days ago- Kerri Young has verballed to the Jacks

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        You can't "sign" until your Sr. year.
                        yep. that's what i was pointing to---practically 2 years before we know for sure.

just to use osterello as an example---all i read/heard about her was how she wanted to be a jackrabbit (allegedly)---wore jackrabbit gear, had room decorated in jackrabbit stuff. we all know how that turned out. NOT comparing young to her---i think y'all get my point.

Comment

Do you suppose that the Young verbal is responsible for this AJ tweet yesterday:
                          Another great day to be a Jackrabbit!!
                          Or are maybe other good things happening? AJ doesn't tweet very often, it seems. Hope springs eternal . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I understand, but there is a difference between the two schools. Saying that you received a Big Ten education is something that employers pay attention too. It does depend on the major, but the majority will get you a step ahead out of school. Now if it was an SEC school, I wouldn't be saying the same thing. Your dog could get accepted to those schools.
                            I think what SDSUAlum08 writes is the "conventional wisdom" but that does not make it true. I recall well a good friend I grew up with, talking to my oldest son about college choices. This fellow noted that where one gets their undergrad education is not as critical as how one achieves in undergrad -- getting good grades and being a well-rounded student (participate in some activities etc.). He said Ivy League grad schools had their radar out for student from places like SDSU -- it helps the Ivies claim the great diversity they have and they know that students who performed well at places like SDSU are great students and great people. That friend who made those comments tragically passed away a few years ago from cancer. He was a Watertown guy who got his undergrad at USD and finished his doctorate at Stanford and for many years was an outstanding economics professor at Harvard. They used his textbook.

Incidently, I know a couple who are both Purdue grads (Purdue IS a great school) and their two sons are at SDSU--they're very pleased with the education their sons are receiving at State.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                              yep. that's what i was pointing to---practically 2 years before we know for sure.

just to use osterello as an example---all i read/heard about her was how she wanted to be a jackrabbit (allegedly)---wore jackrabbit gear, had room decorated in jackrabbit stuff. we all know how that turned out. NOT comparing young to her---i think y'all get my point.
                              There is no comparison between these two cases. Ostarello never verballed to SDSU. Sure, a verbal is not an absolute guarantee. But we haven't had any problem with women basketball players pulling out of a verbal, so I believe when AJ and staff get a verbal from an incoming junior, we can bank on her being a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                There is no comparison between these two cases. Ostarello never verballed to SDSU. Sure, a verbal is not an absolute guarantee. But we haven't had any problem with women basketball players pulling out of a verbal, so I believe when AJ and staff get a verbal from an incoming junior, we can bank on her being a Jackrabbit.
                                true, no verbal---but, there are plenty of cases out there where verbals change colors, just sayin---bet most feel better once they put their name on the dotted line.

Comment

Working...
                                X