Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I could see Lingle being a force next year if she improves her footwork. She lost her balance and traveled a little too much last year, but I believe if she can keep a good base under herself that she could be a very valuable asset to the team next year.
    Sunnarborg used to be a little bit awkward when she was a freshman too, but you'd never know it if you watch her today,very polished & she knows how to separate herself from her defender (post moves) so she can get off the high percetage (usually) shot.And she does it much quicker before the defender has time to position herself .This improvement was the result of hrs upon hrs of practice til it becomes routine, that's when you are polished & can use your post moves comfortably without shuffling your feet & getting called for traveling.Lingle will have to practice these moves till she can do them comfortably without traveling too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      hrs upon hrs of practice til it becomes routine
      reminds me of the old cliche:

amateurs do it until they get it right. pros do it until they can't get it wrong.

Comment

I don't know what the word is on Kerri young, but she's scored 27 and 21 in her first 2 games, and the 21 came in a blowout so she had limited minutes....this girl is a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by mj4046 View Post
          I don't know what the word is on Kerri young, but she's scored 27 and 21 in her first 2 games, and the 21 came in a blowout so she had limited minutes....this girl is a gem.
          I believe I remember reading somewhere that we've already made an offer. Anyone else remember seeing this?

Comment

I believe it was something from TV. Whether it was in his blog, an article or a tweet I can't remember. He was discussing, Chloe Cornemann, Kerri Young and Mikala Hora from Yankton. But I do think you are right about the offer to Kerri, Btown.

Comment

From Terry V's twitter account,Kerri Young wants to be a Jackrabbit.This is great news considering she's an all-state player in just her soph year in HS.Two more years to tear it up in High School,and then hope we sign her up for four more years playing for the Jacks.Here's the link

Comment

From Terry V's twitter account,Kerri Young wants to be a Jackrabbit.This is great news considering she's an all-state player in just her soph year in HS.Two more years to tear it up in High School,and then hope we sign her up for four more years playing for the Jacks.Here's the link
                From the Daily Republic link listed above:

"Morgan said he’s been contacted by most of the in-state colleges about Young, who admitted she wants “to be a Jackrabbit someday.” Morgan said he’s also had at least two Division I basketball coaches scouting Young."

I'm not quite sure how to read that statement. Is he saying SDSU isn't a DI school?
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  From the Daily Republic link listed above:

"Morgan said he’s been contacted by most of the in-state colleges about Young, who admitted she wants “to be a Jackrabbit someday.” Morgan said he’s also had at least two Division I basketball coaches scouting Young."

I'm not quite sure how to read that statement. Is he saying SDSU isn't a DI school?
                  To me it means...he's had at any one time two Div 1 teams scouting Miss Young .Perhaps one of them being SDSU?

Comment

Kerri Young is a great kid and a phenomenal BB talent.

6'0, plays like a guard, and actually has some good post moves already.
                    (although she's not physical like a Post)

I'd consider her probably a "3" for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

no doubt young is pretty special. sabers is one to watch also-----but, ihmo, the one that really impressed me was macy miller. especially in watching point guards. i mean, she LOOKED for the ball, wanted it in her hands. that's pretty impressive for a player that's a freshman---show's me confidence/leadership. for the most part, she is pretty fluid, very good body control. i only remember her getting really out of control once (during state tourney)---she got too far under basket and put up a bad shot. since she's a freshman, wouldn't doubt if she ends up being around that 6' mark by the time she's out of high school (i believe she is listed at 5'10"). i would put her on a list of top 6 players to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                        no doubt young is pretty special. sabers is one to watch also-----but, ihmo, the one that really impressed me was macy miller. especially in watching point guards. i mean, she LOOKED for the ball, wanted it in her hands. that's pretty impressive for a player that's a freshman---show's me confidence/leadership. for the most part, she is pretty fluid, very good body control. i only remember her getting really out of control once (during state tourney)---she got too far under basket and put up a bad shot. since she's a freshman, wouldn't doubt if she ends up being around that 6' mark by the time she's out of high school (i believe she is listed at 5'10"). i would put her on a list of top 6 players to watch.
                        A six foot point guard who handles the ball well,distributes the ball well to her team mates,can run the offense,and can shoot.Hope she stays home and plays for the Jacks.I've been following the discussion on the Purdue board,and it seems to me,Ostarello from SD hasn't played all that much for the boilermakers.She'd have already been a starter I believe, had she decided to play for the Jacks.She might turn it around her last two years there,but it seems like it's a constant up hill battle for her,so far.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Is she a Rotert-type with her skill set?

Comment

... I've been following the discussion on the Purdue board,and it seems to me,Ostarello from SD hasn't played all that much for the boilermakers.She'd have already been a starter I believe, had she decided to play for the Jacks.She might turn it around her last two years there,but it seems like it's a constant up hill battle for her,so far.
                            I think she plays fair amount. I watched a Purdue game on TV during the tournament. Ostarello looked effective on offense but seemed to get beat regularly on defense. Of course, that's a snap judgment from a game in which Purdue got hammered by 24 by UConn.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                              Is she a Rotert-type with her skill set?
                              sort of.

Probably not as good of a 3 point shooter as Kristen, but I think a bit better ballhandler and has a more complete post up game.
                              (at this point...she was only a sophomore)

A little more of a slasher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                I think she plays fair amount. I watched a Purdue game on TV during the tournament. Ostarello looked effective on offense but seemed to get beat regularly on defense. Of course, that's a snap judgment from a game in which Purdue got hammered by 24 by UConn.
                                During the Big Ten Tournament Ostarello did not get meaningful minutes. Ostarello logged the ninth most minutes on the team. She averaged 12.9 minutes, 3.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and scored 102 points, but she is playing and going to a Big 10 school. Think she would have a lot more impact in Brookings.

Comment

Working...
                                X