Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Well, actually AJ said after the Oklahoma game that the difference between Macie and OU point guard was that when Macie went past her defender she had to deal with their big girls in the middle.
    However, how much of a difference did that 3-2 zone make in the second half? Being able to ball trap out of that could be very effective, especially given that SDSU's posts can rotate out to the perimeter and still be effective on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      It's not the 'missing dimension' argument, it's the 'keep SDSU from advancing past the second round' argument.

If anything was exposed by Maryland & Baylor (can't remember the player names), and by Kevi Luper last year, it's that SDSU's schemes aren't well adapted to stopping driving guards at the perimeter. This is unquestionably the achilles' heel of the program, and would not be fixed by a #5 that can block.

AJ, as a coach, has 'grown up' playing and beating programs that primarily pass to the inside, and his defensive schemes reflect that.

I am pleased that he's apparently adapting new schemes for this season, undoubtedly to stop dribble penetration.

That's where I'm at on the deficiencies of the Jacks. They are deficiencies of form, not of talent.

The hostility comes from someone who watched every second of the Baylor game and saw the Jacks beaten time and again off the perimeter. I strongly object to the notion that the best solution to that problem is to get a center that can block shots.
      Silly me,I thought that a shot blocking post would not only block shots of the player she is guarding,but might also block or alter a few from those driving perimeter players who beat us off the dribble.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Silly me,I thought that a shot blocking post would not only block shots of the player she is guarding,but might also block or alter a few from those driving perimeter players who beat us off the dribble.
        Because driving players *never* pass back out to the perimeter, right?

If you've got a house with a leaky roof, you don't just paint over the stains on the ceiling.

Signing an individual to solve a schematic problem is *at best* a short term solution.

Comment

On Terry's Twitter he mentioned that Gprep reported that Ann Marie Brown posted on facebook "Marquette here I come".

Comment

Because driving players *never* pass back out to the perimeter, right?

If you've got a house with a leaky roof, you don't just paint over the stains on the ceiling.

Signing an individual to solve a schematic problem is *at best* a short term solution.
            I don't consider controlling the paint to be a "short-term solution".And I would rather have the opposition shooting 18 footers as opposed to 6 or 8 footers.

Comment

One thing is for sure Zooropa always gets the last word even if it makes no sense. Still waiting for his anwer on whether he has actually seen any of the 2011 players he seems to know so much about.

Comment

However, how much of a difference did that 3-2 zone make in the second half? Being able to ball trap out of that could be very effective, especially given that SDSU's posts can rotate out to the perimeter and still be effective on defense.
                I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for an AJ-coached team to play much zone defense. And running our posts out to the perimeter helped allow the Sooners to outscore us 42-20 in the paint.

Comment

TV has twitted that Anne Marie Brown is only going to Marquette for a site visit has not signed with anyone yet. This according to her AAU coach.

Comment

Sturgis, Does Terry have different twitter postings based on whether you are following him or not? That is not how I read his post - sounded like hopeful conjecture...did not read anything about her AAU coach. Maybe that's because I don't get to see behind the curtain without a twitter account. KJASR1 reports that AnnMarie has verballed to Marquette. Too bad if that is true, I liked her game from what I saw on Youtube. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                      Sturgis, Does Terry have different twitter postings based on whether you are following him or not? That is not how I read his post - sounded like hopeful conjecture...did not read anything about her AAU coach. Maybe that's because I don't get to see behind the curtain without a twitter account. KJASR1 reports that AnnMarie has verballed to Marquette. Too bad if that is true, I liked her game from what I saw on Youtube. We'll have to wait and see.
                      I follow TV on my phone account. 2 hours ago he twittered what I passed along.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        TV has twitted that Anne Marie Brown is only going to Marquette for a site visit has not signed with anyone yet. This according to her AAU coach.
                        I heard the same thing from a family friend that she was visiting Marquette. She also visited Missouri a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I don't consider controlling the paint a short term solution
                          Alwal has unlimited eligibility?

Comment

Alwal has unlimited eligibility?
                            You are arguing for the sake of arguing now...it makes the board an unpleasant place.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I wonder if we don't have a committment from somone else if Brown is persuing other options and based on AJ's twitter comments?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                You are arguing for the sake of arguing now...it makes the board an unpleasant place.
                                Sure. The perfect cure for bad schemes on defense is a one-off project post player.

And Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X