Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    A genuine Jackrabbit is........i guess it's up to each his own (open to interpretation ).....a genuine Jackrabbit would never intentionally foul.....a genuine Jackrabbit alway's looks for an open team mate before taking a shot themselves.....
    There are times in a basketball game that intentionally fouling is necessary And there are also times when the best player on the floor has to look to get his or own shot.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Remember Bo Schembechler's line that 'only a Michigan man will coach at Michigan'?

Along those lines....

(BTW: Rich Rodriguez is *not* a Michigan man.)
      Who cares, as long as he is a good coach? I'm not saying Rich-Rod is a good coach, but who cares where he is from?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        who cares where he is from?
        Sigh

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...an-man-feature

Comment

Yeah. Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            What does this even mean?
            A coyote fan would have to ask.

Reminds me of my 8 year old asking me why I open the door for my wife or her or other women. Why we stand with hats off, hands over heart and sing the national anthem while others don't. Why we are thankful for the food on our table and the chance to make someone's life better each day.

As for A.J. recruiting other areas. I think its unlikely that he is planning to shift any focus away from the midwest. He is almost certainly there watching several players that SDSU has shown interest in thus far. If he happens upon a recruit from outside the traditional area I am certain he would inquire but I don't think that indicates an desire to adjust his current recruiting practice.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              A coyote fan would have to ask.
              At the college level, at least, we should be cheering for more than just laundry. There should be a standard that the students hold themselves to, that the department holds itself to.

Comment

I think it is pretty simple. AJ needs to find a quick PG/SG that can break down a defense when need be. The same type of player that has hurt SDSU in the past. He will always get the bulk of his recruits from SD, MN, IA, WI etc. I see nothing wrong with going out of the "normal" recruiting grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                  I read on the Argus Leader article regarding the schedule that A.J. is in Cincinatti recruiting. Any thoughts on this? I think it's excellent that he is expanding his recruiting coverage. In the past, many posters seemed content with the program staying in the Dakota-Minnesota-Iowa region for players. Ohio is as much a recruiting hotbed as any of the bigger states. Some of the all-time greats in women's basketball come from Ohio: Semeka Randall, Tennessee; Tamika Williams, UConn; and Katie Smith, Ohio State. With the SDSU program garnering national attention the past decade, I can definitely see A.J. and crew winning some recruiting battles against the "big dogs".
                  AJ is not neccessarily expanding his recruiting coverage. AJ picks out a certain amount of tournaments that he wants his coaching staff to go to every year. The assistants split up the tournaments and AJ usually takes the most important ones that usually have his recurits in them. For instance, he probably knew that someone he is recruiting heavily will be playing in Cincinatti. There's a reason he's there. The other assistants usually go to the less important ones.

I had a previous coach/friend explain this to me.

So basically just because he's in Cincinatti doesn't mean he's literally expanding his coverage. I think he's always looking for a player that's the right fit for SDSU though.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Tend to believe we will see a verbal from AnnMarie Brown of St. Peter very soon and that should do it for available scholarships in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Tend to believe we will see a verbal from AnnMarie Brown of St. Peter very soon and that should do it for available scholarships in 2011.
                      Is this a prediction? Or do you have some info?

Comment

We can't compete recruiting nationaly with UConn (who can?,very few, Stanford?) ,but fortunately, the players in this area are some of the best players in the nation,as witnessed by how good they do nationaly in AAU summer tournements.Auriema (sp?) was even in Minneapolis recently.If we continue to get the best the region has to offer, we can put a team on the court that can play with anyone.As soon as we get a "name" for ourselves nationaly (sweet 16 or better run ), we can then extend our range in recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Some other area players who may be on the radar and have some post size:

Mercede Stotesbery Sioux Falls Washington 6'2
                          Lindsey Johnson Harrisburg 6'2
                          Christa Paul Madison 6'4
                          Stotesbery has committed to Northern.

Comment

Alex Kneeland, who was recruited by SDSU to be a walk-on, has opted to attend Augustana as a scholarship player. (via Terry V.)

Comment

i recently had a visit from a couple of very good friends from madison (we all grew up there). both are big fans of sd basketball. i proceeded to ask them about their thoughts on these two tall gals that play for madison (paul & potter---believe both are listed at 6'4"). one commented that he was told that warkenthien had been working with, at least, the paul gal. for how long, he didn't know.

they just weren't sure either one are DI material. the one commented both would have to make huge strides this year. said neither one of them are really "offensive juggernauts". in their opinion, whatever level (if they choose to keep playing) either gal would probably be most effective defensively---just because of their height. on the point of "running the floor" and "footwork", they thought they were just "average". they werent' sure just what the goals of these two gals are, but, thought it will be interesting their sr. years---to see how much work they put in. the "potential" factor? guess it is almost always there with that kind of height---just how much is up to the gals themselves. my buddies just seem to think these gals would have to put in a lot of work if they wanted to make it to the next level.

just would be interesting to read any comments from others who might be familiar with these basketball players.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                                i recently had a visit from a couple of very good friends from madison (we all grew up there). both are big fans of sd basketball. i proceeded to ask them about their thoughts on these two tall gals that play for madison (paul & potter---believe both are listed at 6'4"). one commented that he was told that warkenthien had been working with, at least, the paul gal. for how long, he didn't know.

they just weren't sure either one are DI material. the one commented both would have to make huge strides this year. said neither one of them are really "offensive juggernauts". in their opinion, whatever level (if they choose to keep playing) either gal would probably be most effective defensively---just because of their height. on the point of "running the floor" and "footwork", they thought they were just "average". they werent' sure just what the goals of these two gals are, but, thought it will be interesting their sr. years---to see how much work they put in. the "potential" factor? guess it is almost always there with that kind of height---just how much is up to the gals themselves. my buddies just seem to think these gals would have to put in a lot of work if they wanted to make it to the next level.

just would be interesting to read any comments from others who might be familiar with these basketball players.
                                What year are these young ladies? Soph? Jr?

Comment

Working...
                                X