Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Now if we were talking, say Iowa six girl basketball we would be more in line with Womens Basketball. Talk about taking a right turn and going left this thread has moved into a giant snow drift and lost all direction.
    Its been a few years back but Racheal Halsrud who played for the Jacks had also played the six women bb in high school in Iowa. She was quite an athlete as I recall. I think the point in bringing up all these variations of football and basketball is that the athlete that plays 9 or 6 man football has to go through a number adjustments when they walk on to a eleven man college programs. The same is true with the six girl basketball. I believe 3 of the players were prohibited from crossing the 10 second line. So running court has to be a big adjustment for anyone coming from that type of program.

I think the big thing that has changed and will continue to change recruiting is the AAU camps and tournaments. No doubt the Sioux Valley young lady got exposurer that she would not otherwise gotten by playing with an AAU team in Kearney Nebraska. Years ago I watched some of the Nike tourney in Las Vegas. They were playing in a small gyn, but the bleachers where full of coaches, observing most not even taking notes, but it reminded me of a sale barn without an auctioneer but silent bidders.

Comment

Can anyone in the Worthington area comment if Martha Alwal has improved anymore this year?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Can anyone in the Worthington area comment if Martha Alwal has improved anymore this year?
        She continues to improve as she should since she hasn't been playing basketball that many years. She has become more of a scorer since Gabby went down.She has had a number of triple doubles,and has had a couple of 20 plus points and rebounds games,most recently 26 points and 21 rebounds against Minneapolis North.Her shot blocking is still her biggest strength. Haven't heard anything specific about recruiting interest,but I think she would have a big upside,especially if she could redshirt for a year.

Comment

Martha Alwal had a decent line in Worthinton's section semi-final win against Marshall - 20 points,28 rebounds and 11 blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Martha Alwal had a decent line in Worthinton's section semi-final win against Marshall - 20 points,28 rebounds and 11 blocks.

If that's decent what do you consider good? 28 rebounds? 11 blocks?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              If she could haave just scored 40 points, that would have been good.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                I should have put a smiley face on the post. She actually had a half dozen shots that were halfway down but spun out. Martha could have had closer to 30 points if some of them had stayed in.

Comment

Wow,I can imagine her with Sunnorborg both in the game swatting balls away right & left.Excellent rebounder too.Can put the basketball in the hoop,what's not to like about Martha,would be a very good addition I think.How's she in the turnover category?Big concern considering all the turnover woes we had this yr.Would she be bothered by quick handed people slapping at the ball all the time?

Comment

She does a good job of keeping the ball up high after she rebounds on both the offensive and defensive end.

Comment

SDSu recruit Rachel Walters is lighting it up for Sioux Falls Washington in the AA Championship game with Rapid City Stevens.

Comment

Worthington fails to advance to the State Tournament. Alwal goes for 17 points, 13 rebounds and 9 blocks.

http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/id/33837/

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Worthington fails to advance to the State Tournament. Alwal goes for 17 points, 13 rebounds and 9 blocks.

http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/id/33837/
                          After Gabby went down,they kept fighting but it was an uphill battle after that point.

Comment

Caledonia, MN, junior, Amber Sorenson.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/sport...?mode=comments

Amber likes having options when it comes to choosing a college. UW-Milwaukee offered her a full scholarship during the season and has followed up by sending her hand-written notes. The fact North Dakota State, South Dakota State and Kansas State also have sent her personalized notes hasn't gone unnoticed.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Here's a news segment I found on Amber.

http://video.wkbt.com/watch.php?id=11944

Comment

Nice player. Can shoot it for a 6-2 wing. Lack of quickness would be a concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X