2011 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Recruits

Remember the name Rachel Walters a 6'1 forward from Sioux Falls Washington who scored 20 points against Roosevelt the other night. Jacks recruit Eide had 16. Another young player (sophmore) on that team with some size is Mercede Stotesbery at 6'2.

Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Remember the name Rachel Walters a 6'1 forward from Sioux Falls Washington who scored 20 points against Roosevelt the other night. Jacks recruit Eide had 16. Another young player (sophmore) on that team with some size is Mercede Stotesbery at 6'2.
    I was going to post something about Walters last year after watching her play. I thought the same thing. If not for Eide, I think Walters is second best on the team even as a soph. She can shoot rebound and play the post. sounds like things we are use to around here. I did not really pay attention to her D much. I could see her getting a lot of offers from some really good schools.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is class of 2012 girl, but another to keep on eye on is Heidi Hoff of Brandon Valley. She needs some polishing, but she can definitely play.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I hear there is a girl at Watertown, I believe she is a Freshman this year. Maybe someone can tell more about her. I hear she is good also.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Watertown Freshman Tia Hemiller. Probably the best freshman in the state but that class has a lot of time to develop.

Comment

Jacie Ullmer from Canton.

She is a sophmore this year and will break the Canton girls scoring record this year I believe. She has been in the top 3 in scoring in the state all year and is also up there is assists and steals. A very nice point whn can really handle the ball, pass and score.

Comment

This past Friday night:

Ulmer - 27 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and 8 steals!

Another player of note is T-Yanna Devericks of West Central.

Comment

Okay I'll admit it, I am partial to Ulmer of Canton.

Last night - 19 points, 15 assists.

FIFTEEN assists for a high school player, let alone a sophmore, and a 20+ ppg scorer, and on a bad team to boot? Wow.

And BTW, she is from a great family and is a great kid and dang hard worker (I am not related to her).

Comment

In Class AA, another name Jacks fans might recognize:
                  Yankton Freshman Chloe Cornemann

She is fast, poised, can dribble with her head up, and is a 4.0 student! She has worked her way into the starting line-up this season and spends most of her time on the floor as the point guard. And yes she is a tough competitor like her older sister and brother. (She's a Cornemann!)
                  Yankton hasn't had the best of seasons, but you can see coach Pesicka(and maybe AJ-SDSU Womens BB) thinking about the future...looks OK with another Cornemann helping lead the Gazelles.
                  ...and I am not from Yankton!

Comment

does anyone know how early coaches start scouting players? are they truely out looking at the freshmen already?

Those were my real questions the rest is just me rambling at 4am... read at your own risk..... lol

thinking about basketball... go figure, guess I have more of my dad's coaching gene than I thought...

My daughter's class is way young -5th grade - It is hard to judge because there was SUCH a variety of talent level between the 80 or so girls that were out this year from the I think I know what a basketball is to the rest...BUT...

There is one girl who I think is going to be amazing as she matures in the sport. I sincerely believe if she were at a B school in the state she would be dressing JV ala Becky Flynn back in the late 80's at Wakonda, she is that good.

5'6-5'7 range, was using both hands bringing the ball up the court with great ball control, very sharp accurate passing and would pull up and pop a jumper from 10-12 foot range with no fear on top of having a super quick fake and drive to the hoop... was fun to watch her. Someone has been putting a lot of hours in with her on her fundamentals because they are top notch already. (btw...no it isn't my daughter...lol she is the one who stands and cheers when the rest of them made a basket...)

just wanted to say I am sorry about not putting her name on here but as a mom of a 5th grade girl, If I happened across a post naming my daughter, no matter how flattering the post was, I would hunt down the person and flay them verbally.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      does anyone know how early coaches start scouting players? are they truely out looking at the freshmen already?

Those were my real questions the rest is just me rambling at 4am... read at your own risk..... lol

thinking about basketball... go figure, guess I have more of my dad's coaching gene than I thought...

My daughter's class is way young -5th grade - It is hard to judge because there was SUCH a variety of talent level between the 80 or so girls that were out this year from the I think I know what a basketball is to the rest...BUT...

There is one girl who I think is going to be amazing as she matures in the sport. I sincerely believe if she were at a B school in the state she would be dressing JV ala Becky Flynn back in the late 80's at Wakonda, she is that good.

5'6-5'7 range, was using both hands bringing the ball up the court with great ball control, very sharp accurate passing and would pull up and pop a jumper from 10-12 foot range with no fear on top of having a super quick fake and drive to the hoop... was fun to watch her. Someone has been putting a lot of hours in with her on her fundamentals because they are top notch already. (btw...no it isn't my daughter...lol she is the one who stands and cheers when the rest of them made a basket...)

just wanted to say I am sorry about not putting her name on here but as a mom of a 5th grade girl, If I happened across a post naming my daughter, no matter how flattering the post was, I would hunt down the person and flay them verbally.

Not that it really matters because of the age, but a city or town would probably be ok I think. Where is this girl from?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Not that it really matters because of the age, but a city or town would probably be ok I think. Where is this girl from?
                        Yankton sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                          Yankton sorry.
                          Was it another Cornemann?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Was it another Cornemann?

lol no she is a 4th grader .. for real

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              10 or 11 yrs old & already 5'8", hope she's not done growing yet,....is she related to Becky Flynn,? Wakonda's kind of close to Yankton.Sorry...just being nosey, ever notice when someone tells you the're not going to say something , & then everyone play's "what's my line" asking questions to try & figure it out(dating myself w/the "whats my line " thing)

Comment

Working...
                              X