Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    That's unfotrunate. You can't win them all. Best of luck to her.

Let's get the Badgers on the schedule and see if she made a good decision!

SUPERBUNNY
    Exactly what I was thinking, that and Madison, WI is one hell of a fun town. I'm not sure I could focus on my studies and playing DI basketball while living there.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      Per a tweet from gPrep Gary Knox
      AnnMarie Brown commits to Wisconsin & will sign on Thursday.
      You never want to see recruits go elsewhere but I'm super excited about the players we do have coming in next year. Her not coming to SDSU is fine by me, and we are still going to dominate. Good luck to her at BuckyLand.

Comment

Good luck to Ms. Brown.

Moving on. Who else may we be recruiting or do you think AJ will not use this scholarship as he has in the past?
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Good luck to Ms. Brown.

Moving on. Who else may we be recruiting or do you think AJ will not use this scholarship as he has in the past?
          I am hoping we are recruiting guards. Boever may be the only actual point guard on the roster. The balance, Jill, Tara, Steph etc are all #2 guards. Plus the three commitments to the Jacks are not point guards. Maybe its time for a JC? I am a little concerned about our guard play next season. To add to the shortage of the point guard theme is that who knows if Boever will ever recover fully from the knee problems?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            I am hoping we are recruiting guards. Boever may be the only actual point guard on the roster. The balance, Jill, Tara, Steph etc are all #2 guards. Plus the three commitments to the Jacks are not point guards. Maybe its time for a JC? I am a little concerned about our guard play next season. To add to the shortage of the point guard theme is that who knows if Boever will ever recover fully from the knee problems?

GBGBGJ
            Maybe I am mistaken, but Heiser, wasnt she a PG in high school? or is she suited better to be a #2 at the college level? We have always gotten a good PG to step into the spot who would be ready. If AJ does not think GB will be ready or 100% he would not have offered a schollie and he would be looking for another PG.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
              I think the fact that we didn't sign a point guard in this class suggests to me that the coaching staff considers Paluch and Heiser to be true points. I don't think they would be saisfied going into next season with an unproven Gabby as the only option.

Comment

From what I've seen so far this year Paulach will be just fine at the point. She seems very comfortable out there in only her 2nd year.

Comment

As we see at MTSU, its logical for AJ to get the best possible athletic pg he can find. Gotta use the 4th and get one - JUCO if possible to step right in and start next year.

Comment

Christian Janis earned a starting spot (as a freshman over a sophomore) at Northeast College, a NJCAA Div. I college, during the third game of the season and has led the team in assists several times and in scoring a few times. They are 8-3. There's a coach on the SDSU roster who knows all about Region IX and the JUCO point guards. Just saying.

Here's one article which mentions her scoring ability: http://www.journal-advocate.com/ci_16742538

Comment

Roseville hit a 3 point, half court shot to win the game at the buzzer. SDSU recruit Megan Stuart deflected the inbound pass to give her team a chance for the miracle shot.

You can see the video here.

It is the little thinks that can change a game, like deflecting an inbound pass.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I encourage everyone to watch that video solely for the announcer.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          I encourage everyone to watch that video solely for the announcer.
                          LOL That gave me an instant headache.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            LOL That gave me an instant headache.

My ears started bleeding after his initial yell.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              Roseville hit a 3 point, half court shot to win the game at the buzzer. SDSU recruit Megan Stuart deflected the inbound pass to give her team a chance for the miracle shot.

You can see the video here.

It is the little thinks that can change a game, like deflecting an inbound pass.
                              I don't know if she deflected it or not...kind of inconclusive. If she did deflect it, the clock should've started right away, thus nullifying the last second shot.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Correct you are jacks1. In watching the replay the clock operator was either a major homer or didn't think she tipped it because the clock started the instant the ball was touched at midcourt.

Comment

Working...
                                X