Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I wonder if we don't have a committment from somone else if Brown is persuing other options and based on AJ's twitter comments?
    I'd be more inclined to think that if Brown was looking at different schools than what she is, but Marquette and Missouri are good institutions in good WBB conferences. Shows what type of schools we are recruiting against more than anything, and I like the company we are keeping. If Brown does actually have offers from Marquette and Missouri (and possibly others) and we end up getting a verbal it will indeed be a good get for AJ and crew.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      You are arguing for the sake of arguing now...it makes the board an unpleasant place.

Best post of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
        Best post of the week.
        I agree. the ignore button was made for certain posters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I don't consider controlling the paint to be a "short-term solution".And I would rather have the opposition shooting 18 footers as opposed to 6 or 8 footers.
          I think the answer to this debate will be quite evident when ORU meets up with OU this year.OU has Brittany Carnago back, the most prolific shot blocker arguably in the Summit.I wonder how ORU will alter thier game plan when they are playing against such a force in the paint as Carnago?My guess would be with her patroling the paint,it will allow thier gaurds to much more aggressivly try to shut down both Kevi and Jaci (sp?).Maybe more double teaming/trapping?
          The only argument against this is that maybe Carnago will have her hands too full gaurding the 6'5" girl ORU picked up.I'll be watching this game with much interest.
          You can't rely on the outside shot forever,eventually you have to work it inside.That's why we should give Sunnarborg some help down low,Maybe her and Dietel working together dishing off to each other as opposed to Sunnarborg trying to do it all by herself with two or three players collapsing in on her as soon as she touches the ball.She's a great post player, but i think it's asking alot of her to do it all by herself.
          This is why she gets the ball knocked out of her hands,she can't even turn around without another player in her face.If she could burn them once in awhile with a nice assist to someone driving the lane for an easy layup, maybe they wouldn't collapse two or three players on her all the time.
          It just takes practicing the timing for two players to compliment each others game.She should be used as a decoy once in awhile to draw defenders in for her to kick it back out for an open three pointer.
          This was originally a pretty short post, but i keep babbling along & keep adding to it, so i think i'll just end it as it stands....lol
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-31-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Back to recruits. I hadn't seen this anywhere else so I think it is new info. gpreps now reports that AnnMarie has narrowed her list to SDSU, Missouri and Marquette. Glad to see that her visit to Marquette was mistaken as a verbal. I have not seen any other reports of who she was considering before narrowing her list. She is definitely a talented 2/3 and would look great in yellow and blue. After seeing her youtube clips she will fit right into our offense and I can already see her dropping 3s before a jubilant and full Frost.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205028227

Early signers:

Signing Wednesday, the first day of the November signing period, were:
              • Mariah Clarin, 6-foot-1, post, Princeton, Minn.;
              • Megan Stuart, 6-2, wing/forward, Roseville, Minn., and
              • Rachel Walters, 6-1, wing/forward, Sioux Falls, S.D

No surprises, but three great Blue/Yellow additions!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                Back to recruits. I hadn't seen this anywhere else so I think it is new info. gpreps now reports that AnnMarie has narrowed her list to SDSU, Missouri and Marquette. Glad to see that her visit to Marquette was mistaken as a verbal. I have not seen any other reports of who she was considering before narrowing her list. She is definitely a talented 2/3 and would look great in yellow and blue. After seeing her youtube clips she will fit right into our offense and I can already see her dropping 3s before a jubilant and full Frost.
                Apparently AnnMarie has decided to visit Wisconsin this weekend, and then is reportedly going to make her announcement Monday as to where she is going to school.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Again have you driven to Worthington to see Martha play. My guess you have not and so thus should not act like you know her game and whether she can play. As discussed, coaching staff had ample opportunity to see her play and decided to either not offer her or she wanted to challenge herself on a bigger stage. My intuition was we could have had her if we wanted her. we have a lot of players like Anne Marie Brown that are well rounded guard/forwards in the 6'0 range and suspect she will do very well. We have not had 6'3 to 6'4 player who can block shots and rebound like Martha.

FWIW: Notre Dame, Michingan State, Missippi State (just to name a few) Not sure if there were offers by all of these schools but it seems there were. SDSU might have missed out on a great player here. Only time will tell.

http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/.../group/Sports/
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Has anyone heard yet about where Brown is headed? Sounds like she would be a good get for us.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Was supposed to be announced today sometime.

Comment

Who knows, maybe she'll be in the audience for tonight's WNIT game?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Was supposed to be announced today sometime.
                          Well it wasnt yesterday that I have heard of, any chance it will still happen soon for her to decide?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Well it wasnt yesterday that I have heard of, any chance it will still happen soon for her to decide?
                            Per TV's blog:

As of late Monday night, anothere potential future Jack, AnnMarie Brown of St. Peter, the top uncommitted senior in Minnesota, had not made a decision. SDSU is in her final four and she was expected to announce her decision by now.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Per a tweet from gPrep Gary Knox
                              AnnMarie Brown commits to Wisconsin & will sign on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                                Per a tweet from gPrep Gary Knox
                                AnnMarie Brown commits to Wisconsin & will sign on Thursday.
                                That's unfotrunate. You can't win them all. Best of luck to her.

Let's get the Badgers on the schedule and see if she made a good decision!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X