AP poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AP poll

When do the new polls come out? Will they get posted here?
    Proud to be a Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoJack View Post
      When do the new polls come out? Will they get posted here?
      Proud to be a Jack!
      Probably mid-afternoon CST Monday . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I would not be too suprised if SDSU is not ranked in the Top 25 of the AP poll that will be released later today. In the AP poll, we are behind Old Dominion, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech as an Honorable Mention. None of these teams lost this week and Wisconsin beat previously unbeaten UW-Green Bay and Marquette, which is also listed as a Honorable Mention.

The next team listed above SDSU that lost this week is Purdue and they were ranked 21st. They lost to Valporasio (sp?). The next ranked team to lose is TCU, ranked 19th. They lost to Oklahoma St, which was ranked 24th.

I think Purdue will fall out of the Top 25 and there is about a 50/50 chance TCU falls out of the Top 25 from 19th. That would mean that two teams from Honorable Mention would be able to move up.

Georgia Tech had 79 votes last week and beat Oregon. SDSU had 27 votes. That seems like a lot of votes to make up. I would expect Georgia Tech to be in the Top 25.

Wisconsin had 36 votes, 9 more than SDSU. They also beat UW-Green Bay and Marquette. Those are two solid wins for one week. Fairly comparable to SDSU's wins against Minnesota and Gonzaga. It should be noted that Gonzaga was not receiving any votes last week in the AP poll.

I would not be suprised if SDSU was still an Honorable Mention in the AP poll after this week. Our best bet in getting ranked is the ESPN/USA Today poll. This poll comes out tomorrow and SDSU is the highest ranked Honorable Mention team in the poll.

With that being said, I really do hope SDSU can leapfrog Wisconsin and Old Dominion and get the 25th spot in the AP Poll today.

Go State!!!!
        Go Jacks!!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          I would not be suprised if SDSU was still an Honorable Mention in the AP poll after this week. Our best bet in getting ranked is the ESPN/USA Today poll. This poll comes out tomorrow and SDSU is the highest ranked Honorable Mention team in the poll.

With that being said, I really do hope SDSU can leapfrog Wisconsin and Old Dominion and get the 25th spot in the AP Poll today.

Go State!!!!
          Go Jacks!!!!
          I think most everyone in the know shares the same opinion. Its unlikely that we will be ranked in the AP poll this week. We could and probably will sneak in later in the year when our record begins to greatly surpass the records of teams in much tougher conferences.

We had better be ranked in the ESPN/Coaches poll or someone needs to make some phone calls. We have had a similar debate under a different thread.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well SDSU is 26th with 73 HM votes. Wisc. is 27 with 63 votes. 20 thru 25 are 20) Florida, 21) Arizona State, 22) Okla State, 23) Kansas State, 24) TCU, 25) Ga Tech

Comment

Here is the poll results.

AP Top 25

1.Connecticut (45) 7-0 1125
              2.North Carolina 10-0 1076
              3.Stanford 7-1 1016
              4.Texas A&M 9-0 963
              5.Texas 9-0 928
              6.Oklahoma 8-2 918
              7.Baylor 9-1 797
              8.Duke 6-1 732
              9.Louisville 9-1 724
              10.Auburn 10-0 701
              11.Tennessee 7-2 687
              12.California 8-2 621
              13.Notre Dame 8-1 598
              14.Rutgers 6-2 559
              15.Maryland 8-2 537
              16.Pittsburgh 7-1 479
              17.Virginia 7-2 401
              18.Ohio State 7-2 370
              19.Vanderbilt 8-2 211
              20.Florida 10-1 194
              21.Arizona State 7-2 182
              22.Oklahoma State 4-2 164
              23.Kansas State 9-0 154
              24.TCU 8-3 120
              25.Georgia Tech 8-2 110

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
              South Dakota State 73, Wisconsin 63, Old Dominion 37, Xavier 27, Marist 14, New Mexico 11, DePaul 10, Purdue 7, South Florida 6, Florida State 3, Wake Forest 3, Oregon State 2, Michigan 1, Mississippi State 1,

Here is the link
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

We picked up 46 points and jumped Wisconsin. Only Purdue fell out.

Comment

Pretty much as expected from the AP, except we did jump in front of Wisconsin to be basically #1 on deck if another team stumbles this week.

Teams in AP top 25 by conference:

Big East - 5
                  ACC - 5
                  Pac 10 - 3
                  Big 12 - 6
                  SEC -4
                  Big 10 - 1
                  MWC - 1

Game to watch: Oklahoma State at home vs. Oral Roberts, Tuesday night
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Slightly miffed that TCU is still in after a loss to be the highest rated 3 loss team.

Note that Minnesota, Gonzaga both received NO votes this week.

Ok, Jacks have UC-Davis and Valpo at Frost this upcoming week. Valpo is the only team Jacks have left on the regular season schedule with an RPI below 100. Assuming that Jacks win both of these game, will that get Jacks into the AP top 25? Or have Jacks peaked in the AP poll because every game from after Valpo is a +100 RPI team?

I can see not making the top 25, even with one loss. Hideous, but possible.

Comment

The AP poll turned out pretty much how we all expected it would and I would think that the Jacks would be rated in the 22-25 spot somewhere in the coached poll.

It will be interesting to see what happens not only the rest of this year, but to see what happens at the beginning of the season next year. If the Jacks can run the table and finish with only one loss and have a strong showing in the tournament, we may just see them as a pre-season top 25 team. This year is the team's "due paying" year and if they can continue to prove themselves, then the accolades will accompany that.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

TCU plays #4 Texas A&M on Sunday. If we win the next two games and TCU loses, well maybe...

Comment

If you want more info for this weeks polls, as in who voted for who, go here:

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pol...1=0&t2=0&v=438

Comment

http://voepel.wordpress.com/2008/12/...for-the-jacks/

"This week's poll and a plug for the Jacks" from Mechelle Voepel.
                            I usually don’t make a big deal out of others’ voting because it’s such an inexact science and there’s always enough “wrong” with my own ballot. But that said, I disagree with anyone who wouldn’t have South Dakota State in their rankings this week. The Jackrabbits have played a very tough schedule, with their only loss to Maryland. And the idea of South Dakota State really being a legit program has had time to develop. By now, it should be one of the mid-majors that’s regularly on people’s radar screens.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              http://voepel.wordpress.com/2008/12/...for-the-jacks/

"This week's poll and a plug for the Jacks" from Mechelle Voepel.
                              That's some good stuff!

Comment

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pol...t1=136&w=5&r=T

Vickie Friedman actually has us ranked 19th on her ballet. Overall, 10 voters had us on their list (mostly between 22-25). Nice Vickie has some balls to put us that high on her list. Maybe with 2 more wins this week, the guys doing the voting might find theirs.

And I'm sorry but I have to say this. Clay Horning is an idiot. He still has Wisconsin ranked #12 (and he isn't even from Wisconsin---works in Oklahoma).
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X