This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Madison Mathiowetz named as one of five finalists for Minnesota Miss Basketball.
    Madison Mathiowetz was named Class A POY in Minnesota. https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/minnesota/

​​​​​​
    Ellie Colbeck of Fergus Falls is the Class AA Player of the Year. ( same source )

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      https://twitter.com/jessig7/status/1...466630656?s=21

Any chance we’d give Jessi Giles from Madison a chance to see if she can play at the division 1 level for her last year of eligibility? It would be quite the jump but wouldn’t that be quite the story.

Jessi Giles - 5'10" G - Dakota State University

21-22 Season Stats - 17.2 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 1.9 APG, 2.1 SPG, 49.7 FG%, 39 3FG%, 74.8 FT%, 603 total points

Career Stats - 1955 total points, 234 total 3's

Awards - 3x NAIA All-American, 2x NSAA Player of Year, 4x NSAA All-Conference, 2x CoSIDA NAIA Academic All-American

4.0 GPA

https://www.youtube.com/embed/woXENmO1Wjk
      Wouldn't you know it, her 3 pt shooting % is the same as our teams season average shooting percent. Her shooting 234 3's her career averages about 58 a season, not bad to have in your bag of tricks.Kristin Rotert, ended her career at 250, all Div 1 though, a little bit harder due to the D1 defense being harder to score against, depending on the team of course, still, a pretty solid stat.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-29-2022, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Brooklyn Meyer awarded Most Outstanding Player in Iowa All-Star game. http://www.twitter.com/WestLyonGirls...57568131125250
        Brooklyn won the MVP over 7 other div 1 recruits, Jada Gyamfi and Hannah Stuelke - Iowa, Ava Hawthorne - Drake, Reagan Barkema- Bradley, Kate Lappe and Ryley Goeble - UNI, and Allison Meadows - W. Illinois

Comment

• We are blessed to have the recruits we have coming in the next couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            We are blessed to have the recruits we have coming in the next couple years.
            is there an updated roster or class breakdown on here?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

is there an updated roster or class breakdown on here?
              GrandpaLee has a great one on the top of page 44.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

GrandpaLee has a great one on the top of page 44.
                yes, thanks, what i was looking for.

Its hard to know what freshman can be an impact player, but Odds are 1 or 2 will be for sure. Depends if we go all year with out Meyer but with the core we have coming back. get some freshman contributions and could be a really really good team as usual.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/druu_marykayy/st...nMGYIzOV7ioRcQ

With Paige recovering I wonder if Dru would find it appealing to run the show at SDSU for a year. In her post she says she wants to be closer to her fiancé - no idea where that is but looks like he graduated from Northern.

Hope she doesn't have nightmares of the last time she played at Frost (torn acl in HS).

Comment

• Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                    https://twitter.com/druu_marykayy/st...nMGYIzOV7ioRcQ

With Paige recovering I wonder if Dru would find it appealing to run the show at SDSU for a year. In her post she says she wants to be closer to her fiancé - no idea where that is but looks like he graduated from Northern.

Hope she doesn't have nightmares of the last time she played at Frost (torn acl in HS).
                    I believe she has a brother attending SDSU currently…

Comment

• does anyone have any idea about the Ross girl? where is she looking? any idea if she and haleigh are close or not?

i think we have a great class coming in already! potentially i think as good a single class as we have ever had!! but it really seems that watching Haleigh that it is not hard to imagine another very similar player fitting in and having very similar success

i feel like i heard at one time that she was interested in the jacks

if that is true and it does not happen, i guess we would have to chalk that up to both the player and the program recognizing that the jacks already have a roster very full of excellent young players

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                        does anyone have any idea about the Ross girl? where is she looking? any idea if she and haleigh are close or not?

i think we have a great class coming in already! potentially i think as good a single class as we have ever had!! but it really seems that watching Haleigh that it is not hard to imagine another very similar player fitting in and having very similar success

i feel like i heard at one time that she was interested in the jacks

if that is true and it does not happen, i guess we would have to chalk that up to both the player and the program recognizing that the jacks already have a roster very full of excellent young players
                        We only have 2 players in that class with 13 scholarship players for that season. No reason we couldn't add her as her length and athleticism would be an asset to the team.

Comment

We only have 2 players in that class with 13 scholarship players for that season. No reason we couldn't add her as her length and athleticism would be an asset to the team.
                          Ross is 2023 right? If so, we have 14 on roster for 2023, just one spot left. I hope some of these players don't go to USD because our roster is too full, but I realize we can't nab them all too. I wonder if it's a first come, first served type situation for a scholarship.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-01-2022, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

Ross is 2023 right? If so, we have 14 on roster for 2023, just one spot left. I hope some of these players don't go to USD because our roster is too full, but I realize we can't nab them all too. I wonder if it's a first come, first served type situation.
                            Yes, she is class of 23. We have 13.

Graduate: Selland, Burckhard, Theuninick
                            Add: Hopp, Behrens

Comment

Yes, she is class of 23. We have 13.

Graduate: Selland, Burckhard, Theuninick
                              Add: Hopp, Behrens
                              My bad, was looking at 2022-2023 instead of 2023-2024. You are right.

Comment

• Theuninick is calling it a career. Thanks for everything Lindsey!

Comment

Working...
                                X