Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship weekend at the SD Girls State Tournament. Hilary Behrens (SDSU commit) and Jaidyn Dunn (SDSU offer) will battle for third place at 7:00 CST. Dunn would be a great addition. She reminds me a little of Burckhard. Undersized, but very physical and athletic enough to run transition.

Mahli Abdouch (SDSU commit) will play for the AA Championship at 8:45 CST. Abdouch is such a versatile player. Really excited to see her in Brookings in a few years.

Perhaps the best game of the day, #1 Wagner faces #2 West Central for 3rd place in Class A. 8th grade guard Ashlyn Koupal for Wagner is the player to watch. 6'0 tall, long, and incredibly athletic (State Champion High Jumper as a 7th grader). She's had a great tournament so far and is getting strong attention from USD. Rylee Haldeman for West Central may be the most fun player to watch in the state. Listed at a generous 5'3, the USD soccer commit is fearless driving to the basket and incredibly pesky on defense. I think she has D1 potential and plays like a clone of Emily Clemens from WIU.

Reese Ross and STM will battle Hamlin for the Class A State Title. Ross has been absolutely dominant. I believe she had some injuries earlier in the year, so that may have effected her recruiting a bit. However, she absolutely has D1 talent. I'm not sure what the scholarship situation looks like, but Ross would fit in perfectly at SDSU.

Comment

• Have to guess the Koupal girl at wagner is some kind of relation to Mandy Koupal who i am pretty sure is the all time leading scorer at usd and only played there 3 years after playing freshman year at sdsu. if she is not the leader she is number two, and she was also from wagner

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
        Have to guess the Koupal girl at wagner is some kind of relation to Mandy Koupal who i am pretty sure is the all time leading scorer at usd and only played there 3 years after playing freshman year at sdsu. if she is not the leader she is number two, and she was also from wagner
        Mandy is an assistance coach at wagner and seems most her family is.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Have to guess the Koupal girl at wagner is some kind of relation to Mandy Koupal who i am pretty sure is the all time leading scorer at usd and only played there 3 years after playing freshman year at sdsu. if she is not the leader she is number two, and she was also from wagner
          It’s Mandy’s niece. Her brother is the head coach. The 8th grader has more potential but guessing it’d be a stretch to see her in blue every someday with their family ties.

Comment

• Ross is the player of the tournament that stood out to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

It’s Mandy’s niece. Her brother is the head coach. The 8th grader has more potential but guessing it’d be a stretch to see her in blue every someday with their family ties.
              well Mandy was a rabbit first. and supposedly the only reason she left was because of the way our elementary education program is set up and having to drive to madison for some classes. it is still like that BTW.

always wonder if she has some regret about that. she missed at least one national championship and with her added to that roster probably at least one more. and i dont think she actually taught in an elementary classroom for more than a few years before going into administration

that said the jacks seemed to survive without one koupal. they will probably continue to do okay whatever path this one chooses also))

speaking of family connections chase mason mom just coached the viborg hurley girls BB to the state championship with his sister a freshman on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                Ross is the player of the tournament that stood out to me.
                she stood out last year also. a SPECIAL athlete!! i really am not sure we have any space on the roster((( but i would love to see her continue to wear blue and while we are going to have an incredible team either way!!! i fear she would be another one like chloe lamb that it will just suck if i have to watch her wearing red

Comment

• I could be wrong, but as of now used is not following her on Twitter, FWIW.

Comment

well Mandy was a rabbit first. and supposedly the only reason she left was because of the way our elementary education program is set up and having to drive to madison for some classes. it is still like that BTW.

always wonder if she has some regret about that. she missed at least one national championship and with her added to that roster probably at least one more. and i dont think she actually taught in an elementary classroom for more than a few years before going into administration

that said the jacks seemed to survive without one koupal. they will probably continue to do okay whatever path this one chooses also))

speaking of family connections chase mason mom just coached the viborg hurley girls BB to the state championship with his sister a freshman on the team
                    That wasn’t the only reason she left. Plus Wagner is much closer to Vermillion than Brookings. We will see what happens over the next few years. Most impressive player out of all classes this weekend was the Ross girl from STM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

That wasn’t the only reason she left. Plus Wagner is much closer to Vermillion than Brookings. We will see what happens over the next few years. Most impressive player out of all classes this weekend was the Ross girl from STM.
                      I DID SAY SUPPOSEDLY!! you have additional info))) brain damage maybe??)))) why else would someone choose that school or anything about it over being a rabbit))

Comment

I DID SAY SUPPOSEDLY!! you have additional info))) brain damage maybe??)))) why else would someone choose that school or anything about it over being a rabbit))
                        They are family friends. Even if you’re being sarcastic, please leave personal insults off this board. The Koupal’s are great people.

Comment

• i apologize for offending you. but this is an obvious joke from a person who has NEVER NEVER hidden their disdain for usd. i have met mandy before and i have nothing but good thoughts about her!!! i just grossly disagree with her choice of school. but that is because i cant EVER think of a single good reason that anyone would go to that school. if it were up to me i would have them removed from the state of south dakota

but if you want to have a personal conversation with me i will be happy to do that privately in the message section. and PLEASE do not take letters on a screen as any sort of a challenge or something negative. that IS NOT what i intend!! just saying if you want to speak about PERSONAL issues we can do it privately

Comment

• I'm just a fan, but would love to see Ross playing with our other great recruits coming in. It would challenge her for sure, but just looking at Timmer this year say's she'd fit right in quickly most likely. She's an exceptional athlete who will do fine wherever she goes to school. She reminds me a little of Maria Boever with her length and athleticism and able to hit three's. Tough, tenacious all -around good player, offense and defense. She really plays to win, you can see that by her intense reaction after each made bucket for her team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              I'm just a fan, but would love to see Ross playing with our other great recruits coming in. It would challenge her for sure, but just looking at Timmer this year say's she'd fit right in quickly most likely. She's an exceptional athlete who will do fine wherever she goes to school. She reminds me a little of Maria Boever with her length and athleticism and able to hit three's. Tough, tenacious all -around good player, offense and defense. She really plays to win, you can see that by her intense reaction after each made bucket for her team.
                              i really want her to be a rabbit also!!! but i just dont know if we have space on the roster and we have two really good guards coming in from minnesota. as i said already, we WILL be fine either way, but i also feel like she would be a great fit!

i think she might be one of the better athletes we have ever had. at this moment, i cannot think of a better athlete we have had recently. i cannot really think of anyone i would call a good comparison, but i will say Kerri young. i think ross is better athlete and kerri a better shooter

Comment

• Transfer Portal Surprises - after the tournaments, watch the transfer portal. Do NOT expect Jacks to lose anyone. However, I do expect worthy players/targets to appear to add further skilled depth.

www.wbbblog.com

History, before one-time transfer rule hits the fan ...

21-22: 354 entries (so far...)
                                20-21: 1,159
                                19-20: 490
                                18-19: 589
                                17-18: 453

UPDATE 20 March 2022: 532 entries now in transfer portal, including 7 from Oral Roberts.

Watch UKC since Coach Hoyt took Oklahoma State HC position - just two players leaving UKC .... right now.

Okay. here's a long-shot prediction, 100-1 odds: Sydni Schetnan is not playing at Louisville WBB & is not on the VB roster.

Is it too much to dream of her paired up with Brooklyn Meyer in the paint?
                                Last edited by GrandpaLee; 03-20-2022, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X