Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to see Ellie Colbeck play, this link should get you to the Fergus Falls Otters state championship game vs Providence Academy. They are led by 8th grader, Maddyn Greenway. She is the daughter of Chad Greenway and is a 1000 point scorer before getting to high school. I watched the Fergus game last night. Colbeck seems to have good court vision. She is a good passer and has a nice shot. Last night was the first time that I watched her play, despite living less than 2 miles from the Otters home gym.

https://www.45tv.com/prep45/

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

• I had a few minutes on. Colbeck is great. She will be an excellent tandem with Paige Meyer. Greenway is equally impressive. I know SDSU is recruiting her but hard to imagine she doesn’t end up at a P5 school. Tomorrow’s game vs the Gophers has to be big for our MN recruiting if we continue to beat them like we have in the past.

Comment

• Colbeck ends up with 41 of 53 FF's points. Just not enough offensive help from her teammates. Played all 36 minutes. She can definitely contribute right away. Can take it to the basket in addition to hitting the 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walrus View Post
          If you want to see Ellie Colbeck play, this link should get you to the Fergus Falls Otters state championship game vs Providence Academy. They are led by 8th grader, Maddyn Greenway. She is the daughter of Chad Greenway and is a 1000 point scorer before getting to high school. I watched the Fergus game last night. Colbeck seems to have good court vision. She is a good passer and has a nice shot. Last night was the first time that I watched her play, despite living less than 2 miles from the Otters home gym.

https://www.45tv.com/prep45/

Thanks for the link. She looks to be like quite the shooter!

Comment

• I feel much better about next season with the way she could step in for Meyer. I’ve been told she was very under-recruited.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
              Transfer Portal Surprises - after the tournaments, watch the transfer portal. Do NOT expect Jacks to lose anyone. However, I do expect worthy players/targets to appear to add further skilled depth.

www.wbbblog.com

History, before one-time transfer rule hits the fan ...

21-22: 354 entries (so far...)
              20-21: 1,159
              19-20: 490
              18-19: 589
              17-18: 453
              Idk, I could see movements with Theunick, Vlastuin, and Nesheim. I’ve heard unsubstantiated rumblings about LT and she looked completely lost against Ohio. Nesheim could choose to join Herzberg at Mankato. And MV seemed to haven fallen out of grace, so I could see her move down to Augie or another NSIC team.

I’m not saying any of these things happen, but with a strong class of 4 coming in and only losing one major player, there doesn’t really seem a path to more PT for any of these players. And LT really didn’t seem to take her demotion last game very well. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Idk, I could see movements with Theunick, Vlastuin, and Nesheim. I’ve heard unsubstantiated rumblings about LT and she looked completely lost against Ohio. Nesheim could choose to join Herzberg at Mankato. And MV seemed to haven fallen out of grace, so I could see her move down to Augie or another NSIC team.

I’m not saying any of these things happen, but with a strong class of 4 coming in and only losing one major player, there doesn’t really seem a path to more PT for any of these players. And LT really didn’t seem to take her demotion last game very well. Time will tell.
                Vlasiun has the shot, but just didnt seem to have the athletic ability the rest of the family has. She seemed lost on defense.

Neshiem has the hustle and effort imho, but not a huge offensive threat but seems good defender and rebounding etc.

I feel like byom has the potential to get more playing time also.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Madison Mathiowetz named as one of five finalists for Minnesota Miss Basketball.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jessig7/status/1...466630656?s=21

Any chance we’d give Jessi Giles from Madison a chance to see if she can play at the division 1 level for her last year of eligibility? It would be quite the jump but wouldn’t that be quite the story.

Jessi Giles - 5'10" G - Dakota State University

21-22 Season Stats - 17.2 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 1.9 APG, 2.1 SPG, 49.7 FG%, 39 3FG%, 74.8 FT%, 603 total points

Career Stats - 1955 total points, 234 total 3's

Awards - 3x NAIA All-American, 2x NSAA Player of Year, 4x NSAA All-Conference, 2x CoSIDA NAIA Academic All-American

4.0 GPA

https://www.youtube.com/embed/woXENmO1Wjk

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      https://twitter.com/jessig7/status/1...466630656?s=21

Any chance we’d give Jessi Giles from Madison a chance to see if she can play at the division 1 level for her last year of eligibility? It would be quite the jump but wouldn’t that be quite the story.

21-22 Season Stats - 17.2 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 1.9 APG, 2.1 SPG, 49.7 FG%, 39 3FG%, 74.8 FT%, 603 total points

Awards - 3x NAIA All-American, 2x NSAA Player of Year, 4x NSAA All-Conference, 2x CoSIDA NAIA Academic All-American

4.0 GPA

Great athleticism - Superior speed with handles - very improved at DSU on TO's, assists, and court vision

BTW, as of 3/23/2022, 584 transfers now in D-1 portal
                      Last edited by GrandpaLee; 03-23-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                        https://twitter.com/jessig7/status/1...466630656?s=21

4.0 GPA

the Giles kids are great kids!! but I think and hope that our WBB has reached a point where if we are going to be looking at ONE YEAR transfers we are not looking at 5'10 kids from naia schools

i am sure it is a stretch, but i want to hope we are not too far away from bringing in somebody like a sarah scalia for one year. and if that is completely NOT possible then i think there are still some other good ones between those two

it does not seem like that is a route that we will pursue too often, but i hope we can get players who feel more sure to step in and make a difference. I am NOT saying you could NEVER find such a player at an naia school Deb Remmerde could have transferred from northwestern to any school in the country and been an impact player so it could happen!! but probably not the normal place to look for a one year transfer

for those unfamiliar Deb was a kid who for 8 years of high school and college hoops averaged WELL OVER %50 from 3pt and %90 from the FT. if there is another one of those playing naia then sign us up))!!!!

Comment

• She looks every bit as good as...ok, significantly better than a couple of players that are getting meaningful minutes right now. And 5' 10" is intriguing...

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Jessi could come in and play right away. Don't get it twisted... she played NAIA, but she was GREAT.

With 4 seniors leaving, and possibly a few others, I don't think an 1 year player as a stop gap, would be a bad thing at all.

And she can play.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Jessi could come in and play right away. Don't get it twisted... she played NAIA, but she was GREAT.

With 4 seniors leaving, and possibly a few others, I don't think an 1 year player as a stop gap, would be a bad thing at all.

And she can play.
                              I agree, we might be glad after the fact we took her. Unless, always that you know, we can get a transfer that's a game changer, since we can only take another player for 2022-2023, unless someone wants to leave also a possibility. We will be at 14 on the roster for 2022- 2023 as it is now.

Comment

• Brooklyn Meyer awarded Most Outstanding Player in Iowa All-Star game. http://www.twitter.com/WestLyonGirls...57568131125250

Comment

Working...
                                X