This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Theuninick is calling it a career. Thanks for everything Lindsey!
    That is a surprise. Is there any statement to accompany?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Best of luck to her, she had some great moments!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

That is a surprise. Is there any statement to accompany?

Comment

• she has 2 of the biggest 3 point shots that I can recall off the top of my head in the last 22 years.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• LT will be remembered for those two late 3's in the Alabama game - Saturday may not have happened without those shots. Best of luck to her going forward !

Comment

• Best of luck LT going forward , SDSU was lucky to have you too.

Comment

• WOW that hurts! and i am not talking about the team.

I was having a tough enough time thinking about Tylee being gone, now LT too. literally two of my all time ALL TIME favorites!! obviously about more than just basketball on the floor. I believe that class coming in was Tylee, Myah, and LT. maybe i am not remembering correctly, but i think those 3 came in together. Unbelievable group!!!! as far as people go that is 3 FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICANS!!!

Not 2 of the biggest shots. THREE! she hit TWO shots against bama in the last 90 seconds to take us from down 72-73 to up 78-73. and also the game winner against the zags. and tons of excellent defense, hustle, rebounding, and being an unbelievable teammate and representative of everything that is awesome about being a jackrabbit

THANK YOU soooooo much kiddo!! you will be greatly missed!! best of luck in everything you do!!!!

on the floor that leaves the guard corps a little thin on experience. puts some pressure on paige to come back, Haliegh to pick up where she left off, and MV or one of the incoming freshman to be ready to play some meaningful minutes!! OR tori needs to be able to play a little more guard and we go with a bigger lineup with myah and tori at 2 and 3, and Kallie or another big playing inside with paiton. but that is all 3 girls who played at the point during the wnit gone

seems to open the door to grab someone out of the portal. that always feels scary. kind of a hit or miss deal. but we have EVERY reason to be confident that AJ and staff will figure it out!!!

Again, LT thank you and best of luck with everything!!!!

Comment

• It's a reminder that these young people not only are BB players but also have promising futures awaiting them. Good luck to her in whatever her future holds.

Even prior to this announcement I was keen on us seeing if we could get STM grad Dru Gylten to see if she wants to come back to SD and join a fellow STM grad on the roster. Now I even more want to see if this is something that could happen. Dru would bring PG experience from a high level program and give us stability and depth at the position while waiting for Paige to return. A one year rental as the LT replacement seems like a promising situation. Probably a pipe dream though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    It's a reminder that these young people not only are BB players but also have promising futures awaiting them. Good luck to her in whatever her future holds.

Even prior to this announcement I was keen on us seeing if we could get STM grad Dru Gylten to see if she wants to come back to SD and join a fellow STM grad on the roster. Now I even more want to see if this is something that could happen. Dru would bring PG experience from a high level program and give us stability and depth at the position while waiting for Paige to return. A one year rental as the LT replacement seems like a promising situation. Probably a pipe dream though.
                    I think this is more likely than you are giving yourself credit for.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I think this is more likely than you are giving yourself credit for.
                      We need to bring someone in that’s for sure. If you count Tylee playing point and Paige’s injury, our top 4 point guard options from last year are gone. Not sure if either of the two freshman guards are true point guards either?

Comment

• Doesn’t shock me that LT is done. Next year would have been her 6th year on the team. Hope the best for her!

Comment

• Prep Girl Hoops has Ellie Colbeck as Minnesota class AA player of the year and Madison Mathowietz as class A-player of the year. Both of them played for North Tartan AAU last year. They have Brooklyn Meyer as the number 2 player in Iowa and number 74 in the country.

Comment

• Colbeck ran point for Fergus Falls, but that really isn’t her position. But she could man it as part of a committee until Paige is back. But I prefer the idea of a transfer to fill that spot

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              Colbeck ran point for Fergus Falls, but that really isn’t her position. But she could man it as part of a committee until Paige is back. But I prefer the idea of a transfer to fill that spot
                              But what is the committee? We literally have no one else who can run the point. If Paige's injury is anything like Selland's last year, I would redshirt her. It took her quite awhile to get back into form, and that would not be worth wasting a year of eligibility. We have two open spots next year, I would not even be against getting two grad type transfers for the year.

Comment

• If we had to play tomorrow, Myah’s about the only ball handler we have. Sure wouldn’t be opposed to a transfer similar to Rylie Cassio Jensen who could hold down the fort until Paige returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X