This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

I wonder if this isn't a case of the coach telling some players that they aren't going to have a scholarship available to them for an additional year? Rongisch, Stepleton, and Hirschman sitting on the roster for an additional year tying up a roster spot that could potentially go to an upcoming HS player that actually may see the court just doesn't make sense. Ferrand leaving the team is interesting as she was the most likely of the 4 of them to give quality minutes in a meaningful game.
    I guessing that is the case, especially with players that are on track to get their degrees in four years. It caught me off-guard that they are addressing this now rather than at the end of the season. I'm sure the potential extra year of eligibility has led to some interesting discussions between coaching staffs and players throughout college athletics.

Comment

• SDSDU WBB Eligibilty
      (Blank) 2021-2022 2022-23 2023-24 2024-25 2025-26
      Paige Meyer Fr So Jr Sr
      Haleigh Timmer Fr So Jr Sr
      Mesa Byom R-Fr R-So R-Jr R-Sr
      Madison Vlastuin R-Fr R-So R-Jr R-Sr
      (Blank)
      Emily Herzberg So Jr Sr
      Tori Nelson R-So R-Jr R-Sr
      Reagan Nesheim R-So R-Jr R-Sr
      Kallie Theisen R-So R-Jr R-Sr
      (Blank)
      Lindsey Theuinck R-Jr R-Sr
      Peyton Burckard R-Jr R-Sr
      Myah Selland R-Jr R-Sr
      (Blank)
      Lauren Rongisch R-Sr
      Sydney Stapleton Sr
      Addison Hirschman Sr
      Tylee Irwin R-Sr
      Haley Greer Grad
      (Blank)
      Natalie Nielsen Verbal Fr So Jr Sr
      Brooklyn Meyer Verbal Fr So Jr Sr
      Madison Mathiowetz Verbal Fr So Jr Sr
      Ellie Colbeck Verbal Fr So Jr Sr
      (Blank)
      Hilary Behrens Verbal Verbal Fr So Jr
      Jenna Hopp Verbal Verbal Fr So Jr
      ??? open open open So Jr
      How does this match up with the official website roster?

Comment

• Thanks for the update, looks a lot better than what I posted (which was way off), again, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I guessing that is the case, especially with players that are on track to get their degrees in four years. It caught me off-guard that they are addressing this now rather than at the end of the season. I'm sure the potential extra year of eligibility has led to some interesting discussions between coaching staffs and players throughout college athletics.
          It may also relate to the number of extra scholarships needed until the Covid rules are in the rear view mirror.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• AJ has had not one but two “It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit!” tweets this week. I’ve heard rumors of who one is but nothing confirmed publicly. Great week of recruiting to say the least!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
              AJ has had not one but two “It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit!” tweets this week. I’ve heard rumors of who one is but nothing confirmed publicly. Great week of recruiting to say the least!
              AJ has upped his Twitter game ! Tweet now includes a picture of him and Jack standing on a cutout of the state of South Dakota.

Comment

AJ has had not one but two “It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit!” tweets this week. I’ve heard rumors of who one is but nothing confirmed publicly. Great week of recruiting to say the least!
                Anyone figure out who may have committed?

Comment

• Is it safe to assume they both are from SD, or AJ and Jack standing on a SD cutout doesn't pertain to where the recruits hail from? I'm not a good code breaker. I suppose the timeline to reveal is entirely left to the recruits, anyone else adhering to silence, to give them the time they need ? I have no inside sources at all, so just look at twitter mainly, so far, all quiet there. It will come out eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Is it safe to assume they both are from SD, or AJ and Jack standing on a SD cutout doesn't pertain to where the recruits hail from? I'm not a good code breaker. I suppose the timeline to reveal is entirely left to the recruits, anyone else adhering to silence, to give them the time they need ? I have no inside sources at all, so just look at twitter mainly, so far, all quiet there. It will come out eventually.
                    I saw that as showing the university is in SD, not that the commits were necessarily from SD.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/mahlibbislife/st...351430145?s=21 Here is one! Very athletic, excellent speed. Will bring some skills to the PG position we haven’t seen in a while.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mahlibbislife/st...351430145?s=21 Here is one! Very athletic, excellent speed. Will bring some skills to the PG position we haven’t seen in a while.
                        Also had offers from Green Bay, Colorado State and Omaha, which is impressive for a sophomore.

Comment

• www.hudl.com/profile/15424975/Mahli-Abdouch

Comment

• Highlight video was impressive in all facets. SD gal as well! Great get for the Jacks!

Comment

I saw that as showing the university is in SD, not that the commits were necessarily from SD.
                              I thought it's either one or the other, as I also thought it could just mean that too, otherwise, they would need 50 diff cut outs potentially.

Comment

This is great news, she has tremendous quickness, speed also that we haven't seen since Macy and Kerri Young, the Mitchell duo.

Comment

Working...
                                X