This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think Theisen will develop more of an offensive game as she gets more experience. She has had limited game and practice time because of her injury. Post players can take longer to put things together. It took Megan Bultsma three years plus to figure things out, but all of a sudden she was a very serviceable player.
    I hope you are right. Maybe I was expecting too much out of her. If memory serves me correctly wasn't she one of the highest rated recruits we have ever had?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I'm just saying that HT and Meyer need to really understand what AJ wants on defense and can execute at a high level. If they can do that, the offense they have shown in high school will take care of itself.

Both can shoot it, Timmer is also long and strong enough that she can have a rebounding edge over smaller guards. I only saw Timmer a few times in person, but her bball IQ is very high. Her level of competition at HS and AAU was high as well. She isn't selfish and has good recognition of what a defense is trying to do. I think she can be an Irwin type with a better 3 game, if she is, she will be fun to watch.
      Thuenick scored over 3000 points in high school. Just because a player scores in high school doesn't mean it'll translate to the college game.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I'm just saying that HT and Meyer need to really understand what AJ wants on defense and can execute at a high level. If they can do that, the offense they have shown in high school will take care of itself.

Both can shoot it, Timmer is also long and strong enough that she can have a rebounding edge over smaller guards. I only saw Timmer a few times in person, but her bball IQ is very high. Her level of competition at HS and AAU was high as well. She isn't selfish and has good recognition of what a defense is trying to do. I think she can be an Irwin type with a better 3 game, if she is, she will be fun to watch.
        Thanks! I misunderstood what you were trying to say.
        Hopefully the players that are here can put together their offensive games like they started last year and the new players can pick up the defensive side of the ball quickly. Of course, Myah coming back and playing like she can will help out the whole team.
        I was wondering about Burkhard's defensive before she came to SDSU (I only saw a few games and Aberdeen played a ton of zone) but it worked out. Hopefully, this will works out the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Thuenick scored over 3000 points in high school. Just because a player scores in high school doesn't mean it'll translate to the college game.
          I'll bet that HT and Meyer's offense will be fine in college. We all know that everything doesn't translate from high school. Timmer's work against SF Washington and North Tartan opponents do indicate she will be able to score at the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            Per SD Attack on Twitter the Jacks offer Mahli Abdouch.
            Yes, I'm very excited about this offer. Certainly is not guarantee to get a player, but I loved what I saw from her this year. Continue to develop her offensive game because her intangible/BB IQ levels seemed quite high.

Comment

• MIDCO Sports TV televises tomorrow's All Star GBB game at 10:00am CDT, from the Sanford Pentagon. No team practices beforehand, so expect a fast-paced, high-scoring free-for-all with a premium on ball handling and floor IQ. Haleigh Timmer is on the Blue squad, flanked by speedsters Izzy Moore, Kalla Bertram, and Brooklyn Kusler. A sidebar might be: can Sydni Schetnan at 6'5" dominate the 6'3" Emily Kranz?

Comment

• Thanks GrandpLee, I will have to watch the game tomorrow.

Can we have somebody update the first post in this thread? It still says that Alexis M. is the only player coming in for next year.
                Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                  MIDCO Sports TV televises tomorrow's All Star GBB game at 10:00am CDT, from the Sanford Pentagon. No team practices beforehand, so expect a fast-paced, high-scoring free-for-all with a premium on ball handling and floor IQ. Haleigh Timmer is on the Blue squad, flanked by speedsters Izzy Moore, Kalla Bertram, and Brooklyn Kusler. A sidebar might be: can Sydni Schetnan at 6'5" dominate the 6'3" Emily Kranz?

Comment

• Lily Krahn commits to U of Wisconsin-Madison. I believe we had an offer out to her?
                    Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 04-24-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Brooklyn Meyer 2022 commit playing this weekend for SD Attack 17u in Ames, IA - cannot find streaming video link. [ Won top division 4-1 ]

Ellie Colbeck 2022 commit playing in Virginia Beach on North Tartan 17u EYBL - PassThaBall.com has a paywall [ Went 2-2 ]
                      Also in Virginia on NT 16u EYBL is Reese Ross, a 2023 prospect from STM [ went 3-1 ]

In Milwaukee this weekend are (among others) Ainsley Shelsta 6'5 Brookings 2022 and Hilary Behrens 2023 (offered ?), streaming on BallerTV.com. SD Network 17u [ 4-0 ]
                      Last edited by GrandpaLee; 04-26-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• See that we have a 2024 offer to Britt Prince out of Nebraska. Is a 4 star prospect with lots of other offers. Would be nice to land a guard prospect of this caliber.

Comment

• Just read on twitter that the Jacks signed Madison Mathiowetz. What's her backstory?

Comment

Just read on twitter that the Jacks signed Madison Mathiowetz. What's her backstory?
                            I don’t know much about her but quick search shows she’s a great scorer (I see games where she scored 48 and 50 points), big frame, and playing for North Tartan this summer. Appears Drake and Green Bay also recruited her. Looks promising and should eclipse 3k points in her high school career this next season.
                            https://www.nujournal.com/sports/loc...g-this-summer/

Comment

Just read on twitter that the Jacks signed Madison Mathiowetz. What's her backstory?
                              Good News, her & Ellie Colbeck can continue to be teammates. She gets good reviews and good things said about her play. She'll do just fine playing for the Jackrabbits!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Brian_Haenchen

Scroll down to POY announcement

Comment

Working...
                                X