Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paige Meyer is state champion. http://www.mngirlsbasketballhub.com/...e/show/1156966

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      i will say this right now...don't be shocked if Paige Meyer takes a starting position as a freshman
      Last edited by rimmer; 04-11-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Consider me someone who will be actively disappointed if either she or HT isn’t starting next year

Comment

• Per SD Attack on Twitter the Jacks offer Mahli Abdouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            Just watched a story about Chad Greenways daughter. She is averaging 20 points as a 7th grader on her varsity team! Can we offer a 7th grader!

https://www.kare11.com/article/sport...0-6238b7773bae
            It will be interesting following Maddyn Greenway's progress. I recall listening to a sports radio talk show prior to the Jackrabbits playing the Gophers in 2009. (Minnesota 16, SDSU 13). Coach Stig was being interviewed and Chad Greenway called in. He started with "Hi, Coach, this is Chad" and everyone knew which Minnesota Viking named Chad was on the line. He spoke very highly of Stig and SDSU on the radio.

The story I heard when Chad was being recruited by Iowa, SDSU and others -- Chad had a great connection with Stig and his staff. Stig knew the offer to play in the BIG was hard to turn down. I had heard Greenway on later occasions say that he would have been a Jackrabbit but for the Iowa offer.

Since 2009, SDSU's reputation in athletics, academics etc. has steadily grown. If AJ knocks on the Greenway door in the next couple of years, he'll get a warm welcome and they'll be listening. Maddyn Greenway has earned a lot of attention for a seventh grader -- heck, if she was a junior with those gaudy stats, she'd be getting a lot of attention. SDSU will be in the mix for recruiting Maddyn Greenway.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post

It will be interesting following Maddyn Greenway's progress. I recall listening to a sports radio talk show prior to the Jackrabbits playing the Gophers in 2009. (Minnesota 16, SDSU 13). Coach Stig was being interviewed and Chad Greenway called in. He started with "Hi, Coach, this is Chad" and everyone knew which Minnesota Viking named Chad was on the line. He spoke very highly of Stig and SDSU on the radio.

The story I heard when Chad was being recruited by Iowa, SDSU and others -- Chad had a great connection with Stig and his staff. Stig knew the offer to play in the BIG was hard to turn down. I had heard Greenway on later occasions say that he would have been a Jackrabbit but for the Iowa offer.

Since 2009, SDSU's reputation in athletics, academics etc. has steadily grown. If AJ knocks on the Greenway door in the next couple of years, he'll get a warm welcome and they'll be listening. Maddyn Greenway has earned a lot of attention for a seventh grader -- heck, if she was a junior with those gaudy stats, she'd be getting a lot of attention. SDSU will be in the mix for recruiting Maddyn Greenway.
              Really good post JackJD.

Agreed on all points. This young lady sure appears to have a very bright future. It would be wise to have a good relationship with her and the family regardless of where she decides to go. Obviously, it would be great to land her as a recruit. However, if she decides to give it a go at a power 5 conference and things don't work out then SDSU would be a very nice place to transfer to. To be clear, I think SDSU plays a strong enough non-conference schedule and has a reputation that competes well with many P5 schools. Plus, the Summit League continues to improve as a league.

Tagyn Larson is a prime example of this working for the Jacks. She gave it a go at Iowa and it didn't work out and she transferred to SDSU and had a very successful career as a Jackrabbit.

I do find it very interesting that girls this young are already on the radar of college teams. So much can happen over the next 5-6 years during their high school career. Just seems like a crapshoot and a lot of pressure for the player.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Consider me someone who will be actively disappointed if either she or HT isn’t starting next year
                Both will need to show they are better than our current starters on D to have a shot. I think both can and should see considerable playing time.

No one will out work HT when she gets to Brookings, she is beyond a gym rat and very driven. If Meyer has that attitude as well, this duo will turn out very well for the Jacks.
                Last edited by AZjack; 04-13-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Per SD Attack on Twitter the Jacks offer Mahli Abdouch.
                  This is great , just cause an offer is extended, doesn't mean it will be accepted, but, you have to let em know you think highly of their abilities, you have to offer. When is up to the coaching staff, I'm sure they have a plan. I'll bet the real young ones won't have to wait too long, recruiting is getting soooo competative. Good thing or bad thing?????

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Both will need to show they are better than our current starters on D to have a shot. I think both can and should see considerable playing time.

No one will out work HT when she gets to Brookings, she is beyond a gym rat and very driven. If Meyer has that attitude as well, this due will turn out very well for the Jacks.
                    Super excited these two will be on the roster, no matter what develops, no doubt both will be great additions.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

No one will out work HT when she gets to Brookings, she is beyond a gym rat and very driven. If Meyer has that attitude as well, this duo will turn out very well for the Jacks.
                      I understand that you need defense but you have to be able to score too.
                      Haley was on fire the first 6 games. I don't know if her breaking her nose is what threw her off or what. She shot 63% FT, 26% 3PT and 30% FG.
                      Lindsey shot 59% FT, 31% 3PT and 37% FG. She did do better with rebounds and assists but you have to be able to put the ball in the basket.

Hopefully, Tori can start hitting the outside shots again but you need outside shooters when you rely on post players.
                      You can survive in the Summit League but if you want to move up the food chain, you can't rely on post players when you are shorter, slower and less athletic.
                      Both SDSU and USD (in e first half) struggled because the couldn't shoot the basketball from outside.

This is unless you are implying that they can't be worse on the offensive end so if they are just as good or better on defense, they could/should start.

Comment

• LT has a nose for the ball on the rebounds and is a gutty player. BUT, she shouldn't be a starter for the Jacks. Tori has seemingly regressed from her freshman year, IMO. Both seem to have problems taking care of the ball. If the two new girls earn a starting spot I am all for it.

Comment

• The offensive shortcomings of Greer and Theuninck became more of an issue after all the injuries when they were both on the floor at the same time. When you could play one of them along with Selland, Irwin, Burckhard and Nelson, their lack of scoring was a workable situation. But when both started after the injuries along with Theisen, it became much easier to defend the Jacks by concentrating on Irwin and Burckhard.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The offensive shortcomings of Greer and Theuninck became more of an issue after all the injuries when they were both on the floor at the same time. When you could play one of them along with Selland, Irwin, Burckhard and Nelson, their lack of scoring was a workable situation. But when both started after the injuries along with Theisen, it became much easier to defend the Jacks by concentrating on Irwin and Burckhard.
                            Theisen is a very capable defender and rebounder. But as you alluded to her scoring ability is poor. She appears to be a partial “bust” IMO.

Comment

Theisen is a very capable defender and rebounder. But as you alluded to her scoring ability is poor. She appears to be a partial “bust” IMO.
                              I think Theisen will develop more of an offensive game as she gets more experience. She has had limited game and practice time because of her injury. Post players can take longer to put things together. It took Megan Bultsma three years plus to figure things out, but all of a sudden she was a very serviceable player.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I understand that you need defense but you have to be able to score too.
                                Haley was on fire the first 6 games. I don't know if her breaking her nose is what threw her off or what. She shot 63% FT, 26% 3PT and 30% FG.
                                Lindsey shot 59% FT, 31% 3PT and 37% FG. She did do better with rebounds and assists but you have to be able to put the ball in the basket.

Hopefully, Tori can start hitting the outside shots again but you need outside shooters when you rely on post players.
                                You can survive in the Summit League but if you want to move up the food chain, you can't rely on post players when you are shorter, slower and less athletic.
                                Both SDSU and USD (in e first half) struggled because the couldn't shoot the basketball from outside.

This is unless you are implying that they can't be worse on the offensive end so if they are just as good or better on defense, they could/should start.
                                I'm just saying that HT and Meyer need to really understand what AJ wants on defense and can execute at a high level. If they can do that, the offense they have shown in high school will take care of itself.

Both can shoot it, Timmer is also long and strong enough that she can have a rebounding edge over smaller guards. I only saw Timmer a few times in person, but her bball IQ is very high. Her level of competition at HS and AAU was high as well. She isn't selfish and has good recognition of what a defense is trying to do. I think she can be an Irwin type with a better 3 game, if she is, she will be fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X