Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current squad needs only consistency to reach the NCAA's.

2022 commits will augment depth; look forward to running foes to exhaustion.
    Jacks have ball skills now and more coming with speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

I guess we will revisit this conversation in a few weeks. I honestly don’t care one way or another, but they sure look to be having a successful season with an extremely young team.
      I don't really care either.

The Jacks are the team I care about, although I'd be fine with Williams moving on from Huskers and them going "former 'Yote to former 'Yote" and hiring Plitzuweit to replace her

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

Markowski will probably be the Big Ten freshmen of the year. The way Nebraska swooped in and took her from us still is shady to me. AJ once again saw something special before any bigger schools did.
        coach williams had her eye on her since she was a freshman from what i read. i'm guessing when she went against some really good competition and held her own, it may have changed her mind.

Comment

• Amy is in a much better position to not have to take any chances with handing out offers for recruits while coaching at UNL than at USD, especially those recruits who hail from Nebraska, until your pretty dang sure they'll be a sure-fire, top-notch player, a luxury most coaches at the mid-major level aren't blessed with. This is a further testament to how fortunate we are to have a head coach like AJ. Amy uses all the cards, I'm sure Dawn would too if she's the next coach at UNL

Comment

• Interesting that once again SDSU fans are trying to plant seeds about a USD coach leaving the Yotes for a different job. There is zero chance that Dawn has any plans to be the next coach at UNL. Furthermore, not only is Amy a UNL graduate, but with her compensation package, along with that for her assistant coaches, she has zero financial reasons to look elsewhere. There is a much greater chance of a job opening at Minnesota than UNL & the most likely Summit League coach to replace Lindsay Whalen doesn't currently reside in Vermillion.
            USD Fan

Comment

• Could we move the topic who is going to coach at UNL or Minnesota or USD off the future roster page. Doesn't belong..

Comment

• All three 2024 commits play for SD Attack this summer - https://www.averasportsteams.org/gir...erstournaments

Games also video streamed via subscription. "Crème de la Crème" prospects working to keep SDSU atop.

2022 SCHEDULE
                April 22-24 TBD
                May 20-22 Council Bluffs, IA
                June 17-19 Minneapolis, MN
                June 29-30 Warwick Elite Camp Sioux Falls, SD
                July 10-12 Chicago, IL
                July 20-22 Minneapolis, MN
                July 23-25 Des Moines, IA

Comment

• You can make that 4 for 4 if Claire Sheppard commits. Fingers crossed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                    You can make that 4 for 4 if Claire Sheppard commits. Fingers crossed!!
                    Interesting story in the Argus today on Claire Sheppard from Flandreau. I assume she has offers from both USD and SDSU and yet Michael McCleary of Argus only referenced offers from Colorado State, Nebraska and Creighton. Odd...

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Interesting story in the Argus today on Claire Sheppard from Flandreau. I assume she has offers from both USD and SDSU and yet Michael McCleary of Argus only referenced offers from Colorado State, Nebraska and Creighton. Odd...
                      I wondered the same thing. Looking at Claire's twitter feed, which has seemed to become the defacto place for offers to be announced by HS athletes, I don't see any announcement about an offer from SDSU or USD, but do see offers shared from UNL, Creighton, Colo St, Montana St., etc. Maybe I missed them.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I talked to someone from Flandreau who I would consider a fairly reliable source, and he said he still thought there was a good chance she ended up at State. Take it for what it's worth. I also heard she has an offer from the Gophers (not sure if it was scholarship or PWO), but I have not seen that on social media anywhere.

Comment

• Having Abdouch, Fox and Vasecka as summer league teammates shouldn't hurt the Jacks' chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

I wondered the same thing. Looking at Claire's twitter feed, which has seemed to become the defacto place for offers to be announced by HS athletes, I don't see any announcement about an offer from SDSU or USD, but do see offers shared from UNL, Creighton, Colo St, Montana St., etc. Maybe I missed them.
                            Her summer team announced it on their Twitter. https://twitter.com/sdattack/status/1357114779412926467

Interestingly, the SD Attack has 3 USD commits on their 2023 team and 3 SDSU commits on the 2024 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

Her summer team announced it on their Twitter. https://twitter.com/sdattack/status/1357114779412926467

Interestingly, the SD Attack has 3 USD commits on their 2023 team and 3 SDSU commits on the 2024 team.
                              Could be a new Argus Leader Sports writer who either didn't do his homework or puts more value on a D1 offer outside of South Dakota. We have recruited well against Nebraska, Creighton and Colorado State. We don't take a back seat in terms of fan support to any of those schools.

Comment

• Watched Brooklyn Meyer try to carry West Lyon during the Iowa State tournament. Wasn't quite enough in the semifinals. Looks like a great recruit, not passive.

Comment

Working...
                                X