This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Just watched a story about Chad Greenways daughter. She is averaging 20 points as a 7th grader on her varsity team! Can we offer a 7th grader!

https://www.kare11.com/article/sport...0-6238b7773bae
    Yeah, I don't see any harm, if she's really good, it won't be long before she starts getting offers, and , there's a little bit of a SD connection, so we have a good excuse. Like her work ethic, she'll probably get much better with that going for her , plus she's plenty good now at a young age.

Kind of re-thinking this a little, I'd definitely keep her in the back of my mind, but my gosh , that's a long way away and you kind of owe it to look hard at other girls too before you commit to offering , they all should be looked at first so as to give everyone of your prospects a chance. I trust the coaching staff to know when is the right time to offer scholarships.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-24-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Couple of interesting things in the transfer portal.

1. Grace Gilmore from WIU is in the portal. Man, would she look good running the point for us.
      2. Maddie Mock had entered the portal. She had originally committed to us before decomiting and signing with WIU. Think we were lucky she didn’t sign with us and waste a roster spot.

I wish we had a couple of girls enter the portal.

Comment

• AJ and crew has us going in the right direction, he's put us into the NCAA Tournament 10 times in 13 season's which is incredible, how many P-5 conference teams wouldn't be envious of that?. He knows the type of players he needs to compete once he gets there too, barely missing two sweet 16 games, once to Stanford (2015-16) 4 seed and once to Baylor (2008-09) #2 seed , both those games we lost in the last seconds, literally. And of course crossing that barrier against Syracuse just 3 yrs ago. As long as AJ keeps going, we keep going strong too. It is a little discouraging to missing one of your prize recruits, but I have faith that AJ has plenty more in sight to keep us in the game and moving forward, Remember, we are barely getting started if you compare the D1 history of all schools that compete at that level.

Comment

• 737 transfers in today's portal recap - marketplace open for biz.

Women’s Basketball Transfers: Fall 2020–Summer 2021 | WBB Blog

Comment

• With Wisconsin firing their head coach I wondered if maybe Sara Stapleton was thinking about maybe transferring, but she isn't in the portal. Would have been nice to reunite the sisters since a 6'3" player with skill is always welcome on a team.

Comment

• Midco selects Haleigh Timmer as their SD Class A POY.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Midco selects Haleigh Timmer as their SD Class A POY.
                Not surprising. Perhaps I'm biased, but Timmer is the most efficient and well-rounded player I've seen since Macy Miller. I don't think I've ever seen a recruit average 20+ points a game while shooting 60% and 53% on threes. That is ridiculously efficient.

Unrelated, but for those who were interested, Madelyn Bragg from Aberdeen Roncalli has committed to Northern State.

Comment

• Not sure where the best place to put this is? It appears Monica Arens will not be returning to USeD to use her last year of eligibility.

Comment

Not sure where the best place to put this is? It appears Monica Arens will not be returning to USeD to use her last year of eligibility.
                    We need to tighten up on what is posted in this thread. This thread pertains to Future SDSU Rosters. Discussions about athletes from other schools may be okay if there is some reasonable relationship between that athlete's status and SDSU future rosters. Simply stating an athlete on another team is not returning to their team belongs in the below section "Beyond SDSU" in a relevant thread or, if there is no relevant thread, then start one and put it there if you think it is of some interests to Jacks fans.

Quite a few of the posts in this thread should have been inserted elsewhere (e.g. discussions on Amy Williams and Nebraska (?) or the post I am quoting immediately above presenting news about a USD player with no connection to SDSU).

Last edited by JackJD; 04-03-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Just watched a story about Chad Greenways daughter. She is averaging 20 points as a 7th grader on her varsity team! Can we offer a 7th grader!

https://www.kare11.com/article/sport...0-6238b7773bae
                      yep, i just watched Providence Academy defeat London-Spicer. Greenway is darn impressive for a 7th grader. has it all. court awareness, good ball handler, range, drive to the basket. she ended up with 16 points which is a bit on the low side for her i believe. she got 32 against Duluth Marshall(?). anyway, i'd be willing to bet she has P5 written all over her. definitely has her dad's "beady" eyes
                      Providence will be playing Albany and Paige Meyer Friday @3pm for the championship.

Comment

• Nice Paige Meyer mention. http://www.mngirlsbasketballhub.com/...e/show/1156532

Comment

• Originally posted by rimmer View Post

yep, i just watched Providence Academy defeat London-Spicer. Greenway is darn impressive for a 7th grader. has it all. court awareness, good ball handler, range, drive to the basket. she ended up with 16 points which is a bit on the low side for her i believe. she got 32 against Duluth Marshall(?). anyway, i'd be willing to bet she has P5 written all over her. definitely has her dad's "beady" eyes
                          Providence will be playing Albany and Paige Meyer Friday @3pm for the championship.
                          I'm guessing you are right when it comes to becoming a P5 player. Is the game being broadcast?

Comment

I'm guessing you are right when it comes to becoming a P5 player. Is the game being broadcast?
                            I’ll bet anyone 100 bucks she plays in Iowa City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Seeing the highlites of Paige in semi finals, man she looks good.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-09-2021, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• I believe, all 4 classes championship games will be live streamed today at 1PM, 3PM, 6PM and 8PM , starting with 1A at 3PM, 2A at 3PM , etc. Of particular interest will be 2A at 3PM, where we can see Albany and Providence Academy duke it out, with Paige Meyer and Maddyn Greenway playing for their respective teams, should be a good one . Should be live streamed today on 45Tv.com/Prep45/

Comment

Working...
                                X