2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

I'd imagine SDSU fans aren't terribly concerned after getting the commitment from Bittle, but apparently former Jackrabbit PG recruit Jordan Poydras plans to play for St. Cloud State next year (at least according to his Twitter feed).

https://twitter.com/#!/JPTrey13/status/186455820580569088

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      I'd imagine SDSU fans aren't terribly concerned after getting the commitment from Bittle, but apparently former Jackrabbit PG recruit Jordan Poydras plans to play for St. Cloud State next year (at least according to his Twitter feed).

I saw that, I'm just hesitant to post anything that is posted on April 1st. But from the sound of it, it is legit

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I saw that, I'm just hesitant to post anything that is posted on April 1st. But from the sound of it, it is legit
        like my buddy who said he is getting married when he posted it on facebook.....every one fell for it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

anyone hearing any rumors?

From what I understand they have 1 scholarship target and 1 they plan to hold onto 2013 and then 1 to kinda wait and see. According to everything I've read they still have an offer out for Gabe Levin a 6'6" PF from Illinois, (have had offer out for a while now), and are actively recruiting Joe De Ciman from Regina Canada but don't know about an offer. I believe it is currently a dead period as in many conferences have their meetings at the final four, add in Easter break this week and my guess is probably no visits planned for this week. Just wondering if anyone closer to the program knows who they are targeting or if they think they are close or whatever.

Seems like 2013 is a very deep class, 5 known offers extended, 2 instate, as well as a handful of regional recruits that are getting solid looks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I for one was hoping we would sign Poydras, but it looks like he will get a good education and SCSU will get a good point guard.

Comment

Joeboo, how reliable are your sources about us actively recruiting the kid from Canada? I was hoping we would get a pure point to back up Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                Joeboo, how reliable are your sources about us actively recruiting the kid from Canada? I was hoping we would get a pure point to back up Nate.

Just read a few things on some Canadian blogs and they mentioned South Dakota St. This was all prior to Bittle committing so not really sure, but he seems like the type of player that SDSU recruits; big, physical guards. From the video I saw, he is like Taevaunn but a better ball handler I think.

From what I've heard though, the plan is to have Chad run the point more, if he is healthy enough to.

From what I understand though, it sounds like Nagy has 1 scholarship he plans on using, and has a target out there. The only two targets I have heard of are Gabe Levin who has an offer and Joe De Ciman, who I don't really know.

Then 1 scholarship will be held over to 2013, and then 1 will be held for a prime recruit, if they find someone out their that will fit and contribute they will use it, if not they will hold on until 2013. It also might depend on whether or not they get a 2013 commitment this spring or not.

Comment

Thanks joe!

Comment

Gave Levin is headed to prep school.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Gave Levin is headed to prep school.
                      Thanks I saw an article in mid March that hinted that if he didn't a higher offer he would likely go that direction.

Comment

Former Hopkins star, and Arizona State player, Trent Locket, is visiting Gonzaga this weekend.

I guess either his sick mother lives in Washington now, not Minnesota.. or I guess that was just a ploy to be able to transfer and not lose a year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          Former Hopkins star, and Arizona State player, Trent Locket, is visiting Gonzaga this weekend.

I guess either his sick mother lives in Washington now, not Minnesota.. or I guess that was just a ploy to be able to transfer and not lose a year.
                          Why would some one sink that low?

Comment

Just for the record, he is not using his mother as the reason to not use a year, he is using the fact that he will graduate this year. Graduate early and you can transfer without penalty. To get that waiver, you have to transfer, be accepted and then apply, and the NCAA is very picky in using that as a qualifier.,

As someone who has a terminally ill mother, I find it insulting when someone uses something like that as an excuse. Maybe he just wanted to take a visit or maybe there is some other sort of reason or connection there, but if he expects to transfer to Gonzaga he better give a better explanation than I wanted to be closer to home.

Comment

Does it matter how he left? Some people have too thin of skin. The kid didn't want to be there and he's transferring within the rules to play somewhere else. Good for him.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Does it matter how he left? Some people have too thin of skin. The kid didn't want to be there and he's transferring within the rules to play somewhere else. Good for him.
                                Lets see how this works in the real world. This guy is a negiotator on a big contract and he does not like a detail, does he use the sick mother clause to get out of the contract? Why not it worked in college? It does matter to me. A LOI is a contract and has a whole set of rules that must be followed. After all the guy is getting a free education.

Comment

Working...
                                X