Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Lets see how this works in the real world. This guy is a negiotator on a big contract and he does not like a detail, does he use the sick mother clause to get out of the contract? Why not it worked in college? It does matter to me. A LOI is a contract and has a whole set of rules that must be followed. After all the guy is getting a free education.
    If you are the owner of the big contract he is negotiating and you are being hurt by that contract, do you want him to find that loophole or are you saying "nope lets just honor it, I can always file for bankruptcy"?

I think what he is doing is how it works in the real world, good for him for figuring it out as a young man!

Comment

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ate-sun-devils

Arizona State's leading scorer this past season, Lockett recently learned his mother has cancer and is looking into the possibility of finishing his playing career closer to his home in Minnesota.

"With the recent news of my mother's illness, I want to be honest with everyone and say that it is in my best interest to possibly pursue playing my final season closer to home," Lockett said in a statement. "At this time, my energy and focus needs to start now on being as close to my mom as I can while at the same time pursuing career goals with one year of college basketball remaining."
      Not being in this guys shoes and not really knowing his situation makes it difficult to pass any judgement either way.

I just thought it was strange that he was taking a visit to Gonzaga. For all I know, maybe his mother is getting treatment in Washington.

Comment

I don't have a huge problem with someone transferring within the rules. The way I look at it, if you graduate in 3 years, and your team is not that good you have earned the option to transfer to a team that better fits you without penalty. The problem I have is that he specifically said the reason for transferring was to be closer to home. And if he ends up in Gonzaga I'd like for him to explain it, maybe he has a good explanation

Comment

It's regrettable that a thread devoted to Jacks' 2012 recruits has devolved into questioning the motives of a kid who may want to transfer out of Arizona State, and whose coach is giving him a blessing to do so by saying this: "We are giving Trent and his family all of our support at this time. Trent is a wonderful young man who has been an outstanding ambassador for our university and basketball program and has established himself as one of the best players that I have ever coached."

Kids transfer all the time. We just had how many leave? If Jacks get a good power forward transfer to sign next week, will he be welcomed by having his motives questioned?

And heaven forbid, from time to time some athletes back out of Letters of Intent after they have enrolled in school but have not played a minute for their team, and they do quite well for themselves and the school at which they settled. Jill Young, anyone?

These are 18- and 21-year-olds, for crying out loud. Give them a break.

Comment

so to get it back on track, anyone know of any visits planned or if they are targeting anyone

Comment

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

Comment

According to his twitter page Matt Donlan a 6'6" SG/SF from Sacramento CA, originally from Australia is visiting South Dakota St. this Thursday. https://twitter.com/#!/oz_matt

rival page, though it doesn't say much http://rivals.yahoo.com/unlv/basketb...-Donlan-132023

Newspaper article about him http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/07/431...s-capital.html

Alex Kline, the recruiting wiz @therecruitingscoop (everyone should follow him, kid is a recruiting savant) says he has visited IUPUI, and plans on visiting South Dakota St, Oakland, Utah, and Stenson this spring.

here is a poor video of him playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-LUfDsQQVI

I'll update more as I find it
                Last edited by joeboo22; 04-08-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

There is another guy on twitter @MJames_34 Montell James who is saying he got an offer from South Dakota St.

From what I can gather he is a 2012 recruit from Kenner LA who went to Bonnabel High School is a 6'6" 200 pound PF/C (I've seen him as high as 6'8" though)

Here is a video of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA9vkn9ZM6w

http://www.abc26.com/videogallery/68...s-Reports-2-16 short story about him, says he hasn't gotten a ton of interest because coaches say he is too short to play the post and not good enough to play the wing. IDK, looks athletic enough that he can play the post to me.
                  Last edited by joeboo22; 04-08-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Dude looks a lot like DoMo... (Montell James that is)

Comment

Both look like pretty good players. I'd rather have James if I had to choose between them. That athleticism is freaky.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

its hard to evaluate from the little film. I think James could contribute right away, could be a freakishly athletic player, A 6'6"/6'7" version of Dale Moss. The only thing is there is very little information on this kid. Sounds like he picked up the offer this weekend at the Easter Classic an AAU tournament in which non-committed seniors can play in, located in Houston TX.

Matt Donlan, is more like the prototypical recruit SDSU goes after the long, tall SG/SF's who can stroke it, more athletic then you think, etc. I think he would fit in more to the system SDSU has but at the same time looking at pics and film of him, he would probably need a red-shirt.

Comment

Montel James reminds me of former Morehead St player and current Denver Nugget, Kenneth Faried in that he may be short, but his explosiveness & high-motor makes up for his size.

Comment

I believe early signing period starts this Wednesday. The next 2-3 weeks (until finals week) is a heavy period for visits and recruitment in general. If you are on campus keep your eye open for the coaches, if they are showing someone around its quite possibly a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              Montel James reminds me of former Morehead St player and current Denver Nugget, Kenneth Faried in that he may be short, but his explosiveness & high-motor makes up for his size.
                              Based on that short video, that's a perfect comparison. Faried was a beast in college and is doing damage in the NBA as well. This guy is probably a poor man's Kenneth Faried, but I could live with that.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Both look like pretty good players. I'd rather have James if I had to choose between them. That athleticism is freaky.
                                Agreed. Those first two dunks were ridiculous - his head was about 6 inches from the rim. We need some of that business.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X