2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

My bad, didnt know there was a 2013 recruiting page. Im a rookie at this. Just been watching all you guys talk for a good year and a half

Comment

Originally posted by willyB62 View Post
      My bad, didnt know there was a 2013 recruiting page. Im a rookie at this. Just been watching all you guys talk for a good year and a half
      Good to have you aboard!

Comment

Anyone hear anything about a 3rd player yet? Did we have coaches at the NJCAA tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
          Good to have you aboard!
          Thank you!

Comment

A past recruit, Wes Washpun has been granted a release from Tennessee.

http://www.nooga.com/154487/wes-wash...will-transfer/

Comment

A past recruit, Wes Washpun has been granted a release from Tennessee.

http://www.nooga.com/154487/wes-wash...will-transfer/
              Interesting. I only saw one game of Tennessee's this year and that was when they played Oakland on ESPNU. Wes played quite a bit that game and actually looked pretty good for a true freshman. Didn't realize his playing time dwindled that much over the course of the season.

I doubt SDSU would pursue him now that we got a commitment from Jake Bittle, but you never know.

I thought I heard NDSU was pretty high on his list when he finally decided on Tennessee, but don't know if that is a situation Washpun would want to go into either being that their starting point guard was a freshman and Summit League newcomer of the year, plus his backup was a freshman as well.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

I see Bittle as more of a wing, just my opinion. And who knows, maybe after sitting out a year he could be our next point.

Comment

I see Bittle as more of a wing, just my opinion. And who knows, maybe after sitting out a year he could be our next point.
                  I guess it depends on what position our coaches see Bittle at, as I look at him as a big point guard. I suppose if the Jacks bring in Washpun we'll know for sure.
                  Last edited by Kemo; 03-26-2012, 05:04 PM.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

He has Iowa State written all over him, they always seem to find a spot for transfers

From everything I read though, SDSU was very low on the list last year however. Sounded like it was Iowa, Missouri State, Tennessee and NDSU.

Comment

Iowa State has 9 returning underclassmen (that includes not counting Royce White) barring a transfer out......they also have 4 recruits. They look like they will be at 13 scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        Iowa State has 9 returning underclassmen (that includes not counting Royce White) barring a transfer out......they also have 4 recruits. They look like they will be at 13 scholarships.
                        I know, that is why many question whether or not Trent Lockett will go their. Just a knock on the amount of transfers they have.

Comment

If wolters and lockett had a good relationship from HS basketball I could see it as a realistic possibility, if lockett wants to for sure play in the tournament.

Comment

ISU had 2 announced transfers late last week, so I think they have an opening... They also have an interest in a UCONN transfer too.. Wait and see with 400 transfers each spring... lots of interesting news daily it seems

Comment

Locket would be a great fit on next years team as he would be able to step into Griff's role as an undersized 3 who rebounds well and can shoot the 3 ball.

I don't how good of a defender he is, but he certainly has the athleticism that this team needs.

I know he played against Wolters in the MN state tournament so he should be reasonably familiar.

His former teammates are at:
                              Marcus Williams (NDSU) football
                              Royce White (Iowa St) NBA
                              Mike Broghammer (Notre Dame)

Comment

http://northpolehoops.com/players/joe-de-ciman/ Some info on Joe De Ciman, says SDSU is one of the teams on his list. Has him listed as a PG, but I've watched his film, and he looks more like a wing to me, reminds me a ton of Taevaunn, big physical, can handle the ball but is not afraid

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Sun...929/story.html their providence tournament is this weekend, looks like he will decide then whether he will play in Canada or go to the United States, and then where.

Comment

Working...
                                X