Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Unless he got his release because the coach left. I'm just saying that it's possible.

However, I don't think Miles is going anywhere this year and Iverson will finish out at CSU.
    Whether he fets a release or not, he would still have to sit out, and that would be his 5th and final year of elegibility. I dont see Miles leaving. From what I heard his redshirts consistently drilled the CSU regulars in practice. He will have a much better year next year, possibly winning sone tournament games.

Comment

I believe the only way Colton Iverson could play for the Jacks next season is if he got his bachelor's degree and chose to get his master's at SDSU in a program that wasn't offered at Colorado State. That being said, I have no clue on Iverson's academic progress or educational/basketball goals.

All these transfer rumors are fun to talk about, I just heed warning to everyone not to get your hopes too high, as many are just speculation and pipe dreams.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

I'd be SHOCKED if Colton Iverson played for SDSU even if he could transfer without penalty. A ton of things would have to happen for him to want to leave, and then more even for him to go to SDSU. I'd put USD higher then SDSU if it got to that.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I'd be SHOCKED if Colton Iverson played for SDSU even if he could transfer without penalty. A ton of things would have to happen for him to want to leave, and then more even for him to go to SDSU. I'd put USD higher then SDSU if it got to that.
          Like father like son. I think if it would boil down to that choice between SDSU and USD, I think USD would be the choice, after all dad is one of the top scoring people for USD.

Comment

Colton isn't going anywhere. CSU made the tourney this year and return everyone that started besides their center who averaged 8 pts and 3 rbs. Colton expects to take over his spot next year. He enjoys Fort Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks14 View Post
              Colton isn't going anywhere. CSU made the tourney this year and return everyone that started besides their center who averaged 8 pts and 3 rbs. Colton expects to take over his spot next year. He enjoys Fort Collins.
              I would agree, there was talk of consideration for a better job for Miles, but if he has a group of redshirts who are out playing the regulars in practice, I would doubt Miles would leave. Sounds like he found another Ben Woodsides.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I would agree, there was talk of consideration for a better job for Miles, but if he has a group of redshirts who are out playing the regulars in practice, I would doubt Miles would leave. Sounds like he found another Ben Woodsides.
                Tim Miles will go to Nebraska if he is offered the job. Will also be a finalist for the gophers job if Tubby leaves, which is rumored every March. Sounds like he is a finalist for the Nebraska job. I just don't see Colton leaving CSU even if the coach leaves because of what CSU has, with or without Miles.

Comment

OK, I am just going to ask. Why all the love for Tim and CSU? Tim has a losing record at CSU and might have been on the hot seat had his team not made the NCAAs this year, CSU was 20-12 overall and 8-6 in the Mountain West good for 4th place. They were arguably the most overrated team in the NCAA Tourney from arguably the most overrated conference in the NCAA Tourney. CSU got bounced by a Low-Major -ok it was Murray State - in the first round by 17 points and only New Mexico got out of the first round.

I am also going to ask, have we reached the point where in-state kids can ask themselves "Would I rather be a big part of my local D-I school that has a very good chance of making the NCAA Tourney or would I rather be a role player at a big program with a better or maybe the same chance of a tourney berth or worse yet go to a out of state Mid-Major with the same or worse chance of making the dance?"

Taking a look at the last three

Colton Iverson went to Minnesota didn't play a ton, went to two NCAA Tourney '09 lost to Texas Round 1, '10 lost to Xavier round 1 transferred Colorado State for more playing time and sat out a year.

Cedrick Lang is playing at UTEP 22.2 min. a game avg. 6.3 ppg and 4.8 rpg for a mid-major that finished 15-17 and 7-9 in Conference USA good for 9th place.

Cody Larson went to Florida avg. 5.7 min. a game - 0.5 ppg and 0.8 rpg for a very good Major who is on to the Elite 8 - oh yea and got in trouble with the law again.

Could they have stayed close to home and played in front of family and friends and been a big part of Jackrabbit Basketball? Maybe. Only the athletes know what was the best choice for them, but I am not sure that you can say any kid is sure to leave this state because of their skill level. They very well could choose to stay at home and help the Jacks become a Mid-Major power and go to the dance. How many other schools play 45 min. from home for the opportunity to get to the dance? What is it worth to have your folks at all or most of your home games? Just askin

Comment

Originally posted by AKCoach View Post
                    Thought I would mention that Connor was selected today as the 2012 Alaska Gatorade Player of the Year. This is combined with his 4A Boys Player of the Year Award he already received last week which is voted on by the coaches.

Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/...-connor-devine
                    Very cool, can't wait to see Connor in yellow and blue

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      Very cool, can't wait to see Connor in yellow and blue
                      Yeah, but unless and until we get every decent big man out of South Dakota, SDSU will never really be good.

<just teasing, ok? calm down>
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Im not giving him love, just asking why Miles would go to a place like Nebraska this year when he could have a better year next year with Rams and get better offers after they probably make the tourney again.

Cody Larson and Colton Iverson both comitted to teams while the Jacks were under 500 and chose big conference schools. I dont fault them for that, although I do wish they chose SDSU. Could we get an in-state guy like that if we continue our success? I think its possible, but as you said, all kinds of factors are at play with each kid.

Lang played 22 mins as a true frosh. Would that have happened at SDSU? I dont think he would have earned that much pt right away. Could that have been a factor in his decision?

Comment

My rant wasn't really about those kids as much as it is aimed at folks who think there is no way that Zach Hanson would even consider SDSU. He might not I don't know the kid, but he might ask the very questions I pose and he might look at what has happened with the recent SD stars and he might think that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the state line. Then again he might leave in a heartbeat. Just sayin that I think we are good enough now that a local kid isn't automatically gonna think "I am outta here".

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            My rant wasn't really about those kids as much as it is aimed at folks who think there is no way that Zach Hanson would even consider SDSU. He might not I don't know the kid, but he might ask the very questions I pose and he might look at what has happened with the recent SD stars and he might think that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the state line. Then again he might leave in a heartbeat. Just sayin that I think we are good enough now that a local kid isn't automatically gonna think "I am outta here".
                            Got ya. I agree that in no way should we stop recruiting those types of kids til they make it clear we are out. Would love to see the Pierre duo in Jacks uniforms.

Comment

I don't care how good you actually become, you have to have a reason to turn down a power 6 conference to play at home.

Why is Tim Miles the hot name? He is still young, has a record of turning programs around, but I think the big reason is Nebraska can't find anyone. They are on like name #5 in their search already. Nebraska is a place where though the money is nice, and the facilities are solid, you will always be #2 at the school and it will take a while to be #2 in the state, and then you are in a conference where there is a ton of history and it won't be easy to get to the top half.

Comment

If the Lang's, Iverson's and Larson's of the world had decided to stay home they would have been part of changing the DI culture at SDSU and can only imagine we would have gotten a higher seed and gone beyond the first round this year. Anyone of those players could have been a game changer for this team as they possess some of the skills we are lacking. I think playing in front of family and friends in a packed house at the Summit League tournament would exceed playing a bit role for any of the above teams. The UTEP decision is really an odd one, but I'm sure they are all comfortable with their choices and thats what counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X