2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

I though we only had 1 scolly open with griff being done. How many guys on the team have scollys and how many we have left. If anyone knows it would be cool and appreciated if you could make a break down of it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

With Griff leaving and Devine and Bittle coming in, we still have one scholly open.

Comment

griffs arm warmer, stroke from outside, quick hands, some moves like Nate, a backcourt of Jake and Nate the Jacks may Shake and Bake next year. dont hit me!

Comment

State has been after Bittle for a long time and they got him. I trust our coaches and I'm happy with him. Now let's add another big man!

By the way, anyone know who else he had offers from besides State and Oral Roberts?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            State has been after Bittle for a long time and they got him. I trust our coaches and I'm happy with him. Now let's add another big man!

By the way, anyone know who else he had offers from besides State and Oral Roberts?
            I believe I read somewhere before that Denver also offered him...I'm not 100% on that though

Comment

according to Sam Duren at OKHoops.com:
              "Bittle had an offer from Denver and interest from Oral Roberts and Tulane before choosing the Jackrabbits #okpreps"

Bittle is a good player and from reports participated in open gym runs at ORU during the summer. ORU only has one scholly left and multiple offers out there. Bittle was someone they were watching, but had not yet offered. He's a good pick up for the Jackrabbits.

Class of 2012 Rankings: Updated February 1st
              1. D’Andre Wright, 6’9 Power Forward, Lawton Eisenhower
              2. James Woodard, 6’3 Shooting Guard, Edmond Memorial
              3. Corbin Byford, 6’7 Comb Forward, Velma-Alma
              4. Aaron Anderson, 6’3 Point Guard, Edmond Santa Fe
              5. Joe Edmonds, 6’4 Small Forward, Bishop McGuinness
              6. Matt Christiansen, 6’8 Power Forward, Bishop McGuinness
              7. Phabian Glasco, 6’6 Power Forward, Tulsa Washington
              8. C.J. Cole, 6’7 Power Forward, Sperry
              9. Kaleb Porter, 5’10 Point Guard, Tulsa East Central
              10. Jacob Bittle, 6’4 Combo Guard, Bixby

Comment

In The Collegian on Wednesday, we will have a look a Jacob Bittle and talk to his high school coach about him.
                Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Post on Bittle committing to SDSU.

http://okhoops.com/?p=1778

Comment

Trent Lockett, from Arizona St. is transferring to be closer to home, because his mom is sick. He is from Hopkins MN. South Dakota St. is not mentioned anywhere, but I just thought it should be mentioned as a possibility. He will be a senior, sounds like 1 heck of a student. was 2nd team all Pac-10 last year (when the conference was decent). From what I've read, he will graduate, so if he didn't receive the waiver for sick family member, he could apply for grad school as long as its different then one ASU has and be eligible.

Many think he will end up with Minnesota, however they didn't recruit him out of high school, and some question whether or not they will have a scholarship available for him.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Trent Lockett, from Arizona St. is transferring to be closer to home, because his mom is sick. He is from Hopkins MN. South Dakota St. is not mentioned anywhere, but I just thought it should be mentioned as a possibility. He will be a senior, sounds like 1 heck of a student. was 2nd team all Pac-10 last year (when the conference was decent). From what I've read, he will graduate, so if he didn't receive the waiver for sick family member, he could apply for grad school as long as its different then one ASU has and be eligible.

Many think he will end up with Minnesota, however they didn't recruit him out of high school, and some question whether or not they will have a scholarship available for him.
                      Would be a huge pick-up and yes he is on track to graduate in 3 years and was part of the Honors College at ASU. Averaged 13pts 5.8reb 2.2ast and 1.5stl per game while shooting 50%fg and 41%3pt. I could see him going to Minnesota, but SDSU might as take a shot at trying to get him. Can't hurt esp. when there is 1 scholly left. Heck, its Nate's senior year might as well go all in.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Gophers roster looks to be fairly full - 2 fall signees and 2 seniors (Sampson and Mbakwe).... All in...

Comment

Lockett was a team-mate of Royce White at Hopkins High. White (along with many others ) transferred to Iowa State to play for Fred Hoiberg. Ames is a 4 hour drive down I35 from the Twin Cities. Could be a likely destination.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Lockett was a team-mate of Royce White at Hopkins High. White (along with many others ) transferred to Iowa State to play for Fred Hoiberg. Ames is a 4 hour drive down I35 from the Twin Cities. Could be a likely destination.
                            That is what most are thinking on the the Gopherhole message board.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Bingo
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I had the opportunity to sit next to Jacob and his father at the game last Thursday. I know nothing about his game but it was fun to sit next to him and his dad. Very excited about SDSU. Talked about the other schools. Was really impressed by the coaching staff. You could tell being at the tournament really got him excitied(He was wearing and SDSU NCAA Tournament T-Shirt). At this point he had not committed but mentioned how fun it would be to learn from Nate. I hope it works out for all parties. Go Rabbits!

Originally posted by J.J. View Post
                                according to Sam Duren at OKHoops.com:
                                "Bittle had an offer from Denver and interest from Oral Roberts and Tulane before choosing the Jackrabbits #okpreps"

Bittle is a good player and from reports participated in open gym runs at ORU during the summer. ORU only has one scholly left and multiple offers out there. Bittle was someone they were watching, but had not yet offered. He's a good pick up for the Jackrabbits.

Class of 2012 Rankings: Updated February 1st
                                1. D’Andre Wright, 6’9 Power Forward, Lawton Eisenhower
                                2. James Woodard, 6’3 Shooting Guard, Edmond Memorial
                                3. Corbin Byford, 6’7 Comb Forward, Velma-Alma
                                4. Aaron Anderson, 6’3 Point Guard, Edmond Santa Fe
                                5. Joe Edmonds, 6’4 Small Forward, Bishop McGuinness
                                6. Matt Christiansen, 6’8 Power Forward, Bishop McGuinness
                                7. Phabian Glasco, 6’6 Power Forward, Tulsa Washington
                                8. C.J. Cole, 6’7 Power Forward, Sperry
                                9. Kaleb Porter, 5’10 Point Guard, Tulsa East Central
                                10. Jacob Bittle, 6’4 Combo Guard, Bixby

Comment

Working...
                                X