2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

I searched and found that Traevaunn Hymer played for the Omaha Crusaders summer team. It appears that in 2011, he was on the 17U squad, which if he didn't play up, would put this at his senior year.

That doesn't mean he isn't playing up a level - I know the Schoolers often bring up younger kids for their older teams. Just not sure how the Crusaders do it.

Didn't find much other information. I wonder if he is a traditional post or post that can step out and shoot the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
      I searched and found that Traevaunn Hymer played for the Omaha Crusaders summer team. It appears that in 2011, he was on the 17U squad, which if he didn't play up, would put this at his senior year.

That doesn't mean he isn't playing up a level - I know the Schoolers often bring up younger kids for their older teams. Just not sure how the Crusaders do it.

Didn't find much other information. I wonder if he is a traditional post or post that can step out and shoot the 3.
      Sounds like he is an athletic post, dunks a lot and has a developing mid-range game, but is undersized and not very physical.

Here is his highlight video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UzXOS2dBw

In the video he hits a few jumpers, looks like he has talent, but needs to be more aggressive.
      Last edited by joeboo22; 12-03-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

The kid looks like he has potential. It did look like they had limited video of him in action or there really has been limits to his game. I was very interested in the action against Omaha Central. Near the end of the video they showed clips on the Eagles home court. Central has a kid that is one of the best bigs in his class nationally. Akoy Agau has 8 offers and has been recruited hard by schools like Kansas, North Carolina, U Conn, and Texas. Having more footage of Hymer playing against Agau would have been a better gauge of his ability. If he does have the ability against kids like that, he certainly has potential in the Summit.

Comment

We had our first game finally! Connor battled a quick 2nd foul early in the 2nd quarter, kept him on the bench for much of the first half. Finished with 16 points 14 rebounds, 9 offensive in a 67-42 win over Golden High from Colorado. Only two blocks tonight, Golden was 4 of 27 from 3pt line, so not a lot of opportunities. Couple big finishes and most importantly got a win. We play again the next two nights in our own holiday tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by AKCoach View Post
            We had our first game finally! Connor battled a quick 2nd foul early in the 2nd quarter, kept him on the bench for much of the first half. Finished with 16 points 14 rebounds, 9 offensive in a 67-42 win over Golden High from Colorado. Only two blocks tonight, Golden was 4 of 27 from 3pt line, so not a lot of opportunities. Couple big finishes and most importantly got a win. We play again the next two nights in our own holiday tournament.
            Thanks AKCoach! Appreciate the periodic updates as we look forward to watching Connor as a Jackrabbit!

Comment

I hope all the positive press we are getting with the win over Washington and getting into the top 25 mid-major poll will put us on the radar of some kids who maybe were not considering us before. A good juco big man who is looking to play with an unselfish point guard and a darn good team should be considering SDSU.

Comment

Devine tonight in a 75-44 win against West Anchorage had 25pts, 18rbs, 13blksTomorrow we have Carver High from Montgomery, AL with Mississippi State signee Craig Sword.

Comment

Devine tonight in a 75-44 win against West Anchorage had 25pts, 18rbs, 13blksTomorrow we have Carver High from Montgomery, AL with Mississippi State signee Craig Sword.
                  If I may ask, how/where do you guys play these lower 48 schools?

Comment

Just happened to stumble upon this but a good read on Connor Devine and the top players to watch in Alaska.http://fivestarbasketball.com/origin...50-days-alaska
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

13 blocks is a ridiculous amount in junior high basketball, let alone high school in the largest class in Alaska. Really looking forward to seeing Connor play in a Jackrabbit uniform.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

We travel pretty consistently, always during the summer to team camps, probably every other Christmas break to tournaments (last year we were at the Arby's Classic in Bristol, TN). 3 years ago we had a terrific supporter approach us about starting our own holiday tournament, the head coach and myself agreed to take on the planning. He donated the money and we only ask that lower 48 teams pay airfare, we've covered hotels, rentals, and some meals. That's allowed us to bring teams up to Alaska for a great experience and some pretty good basketball too. Anybody who might be interested, we usually look for teams that have been consistently good for a couple years, but go to...

www.doclarsonroundballclassic.com

13 blocks is pretty decent, thought he should have got a couple more!! West has played in the last two state finals, perennial power, down a little but our guys are playing with great focus.

Carver is very talented and will be a great early test for us. They are certainly not one dimensional and have several other athletes who have scholarship offers in football as well as basketball.

Comment

We travel pretty consistently, always during the summer to team camps, probably every other Christmas break to tournaments (last year we were at the Arby's Classic in Bristol, TN). 3 years ago we had a terrific supporter approach us about starting our own holiday tournament, the head coach and myself agreed to take on the planning. He donated the money and we only ask that lower 48 teams pay airfare, we've covered hotels, rentals, and some meals. That's allowed us to bring teams up to Alaska for a great experience and some pretty good basketball too. Anybody who might be interested, we usually look for teams that have been consistently good for a couple years, but go to...

www.doclarsonroundballclassic.com

13 blocks is pretty decent, thought he should have got a couple more!! West has played in the last two state finals, perennial power, down a little but our guys are playing with great focus.

Carver is very talented and will be a great early test for us. They are certainly not one dimensional and have several other athletes who have scholarship offers in football as well as basketball.
                          A shot-blocker, scorer big will be a huge, huge addition to the great core Jacks will have coming back next year. Big question: Will this kid be ready for D-1 right away or will he be redshirted? We've got how many redshirts this year?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            A shot-blocker, scorer big will be a huge, huge addition to the great core Jacks will have coming back next year.Big question: Will this kid be ready for D-1 right away or will he be redshirted? We've got how many redshirts this year?
                            I hope he's ready right away and gets to experience playing with a great point gaurd like Nate.With an even better defense and a potent offense, next year should be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              A shot-blocker, scorer big will be a huge, huge addition to the great core Jacks will have coming back next year. Big question: Will this kid be ready for D-1 right away or will he be redshirted? We've got how many redshirts this year?
                              Nagy has stated publicly (at a Jacks After Hours at Cubbys OR on Jackrabbit Insider) that he will most likely red-shirt. He needs to add some serious muscle. He reminds me of a skinny Mark Engen.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Nagy has stated publicly (at a Jacks After Hours at Cubbys OR on Jackrabbit Insider) that he will most likely red-shirt. He needs to add some serious muscle. He reminds me of a skinny Mark Engen.
                                Didn't he say the same thing about the Zach's that at least one would red-shirt?
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X