Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    In TV's live chat two weeks ago,he said Nagy wanted to sign two players in the early signing period. Is Tanner Williams the only legitimate possibility for the second player,or is there someone else out there that could put his name on the dotted line ?
    My guess is he is the one Nagy wants to sign early. I don't know if that means that he is the only one with a chance to sign early. From my understanding at least 2 other offers had been made to recruits that have not verbally committed anywhere or made it known that SDSU is not where they are going. The reason I think Tanner is the one he wants to sign early is because his recruitment stalled over the summer because of injury and some believe he could "blow up" if he can prove he is healthy. But I really don't know, was there any recruits on campus this past weekend? Are there any other offers out there that are not known. At a major college you know who is on campus for officials and un-officials every week of the year. At SDSU unless the recruits local paper reports it or it is an instate recruit, or someone on campus notices a specific recruit and comes on here and reveals it is not reported many times.

Comment

Not sure if this was stated before, but Tanner Williams has decided to wait to make his decision. He won't be signing early.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

TV twittered about an hour ago that Zach Huisken committed to Augie.

Srsly.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Srsly.
          not unexpected, seems religion school was main reason he chose Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Srsly.
            Joeboo is correct. He was expected to go there. Still not acceptable for SDSU if they plan on being any good in D-I basketball. They need to sign these players.

In a couple years, Augie could easily make a run at any of the D-I Dakota schools in basketball (Not completely serious, but pretty close). They have signed a previous BIG with multiple D-I offers.
            Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

As long as it still says "Augustana" on their jerseys (or whatever variation, nitpickers) I wouldn't worry about them amounting to much
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                As long as it still says "Augustana" on their jerseys (or whatever variation, nitpickers) I wouldn't worry about them amounting to much
                Augie is up on the Gophers 38-33 at the half. I know it's a exhibition game, but they have talent. Schilling would have been a prolific scorer at the DI level too.

Comment

Huiskin had more then 1 D-1 offer. UNI, USD, SDSU, and I think NDSU had all offered, he had took an unofficial to Kansas. He was being contacted by some big schools. If he wants to go D-II good for him.

According to Terry's blog comment today, to his knowledge Connor Devine is the only one that has committed and that at least 3 other offers are currently being held and remain uncommitted for 2012. Those being Tanner Williams of Orion IL, Gabe Levin (new to me) a 6'7" forward from Oak Park-River Forest IL, and Jake Bittle a guard from Bixby OK;

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    not unexpected, seems religion school was main reason he chose Augie.
                    I'd bet a connection to the current Augie players is the biggest factor. Best of luck to Zach.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Joeboo is correct. He was expected to go there. Still not acceptable for SDSU if they plan on being any good in D-I basketball. They need to sign these players.
                      If Joeboo's comments are correct as you say they are, and Huisken's main reason for selecting Augie was religion, then I'd be interested in hearing your proposal for signing such players. I don't think we're ready to go private, affiliate with a church, and increase our tuition substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        If Joeboo's comments are correct as you say they are, and Huisken's main reason for selecting Augie was religion, then I'd be interested in hearing your proposal for signing such players. I don't think we're ready to go private, affiliate with a church, and increase our tuition substantially.
                        I guess with the state budget issues, that last one will probably be happening more eitherway.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Conversion by the sword.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. {insert smiley here})
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU needs players in the area to WANT to play at State. That's what I meant by my comment.

Comment

Disclaimer: Sorry for thread drift.

What bothers me more is when kids that DO want to go D-1 from South Dakota, and not go FBS, decide to do so up North.

Mike Tweidt (MBB)
                              Abbey Plucker (WBB)
                              Ryan Janstrom (FB)
                              Trevor Gebbarht (FB)
                              Colton Boyer (FB)
                              Preston Evans (FB)
                              Fitzke, Epsland, Tetzlaff and Mckittrick (TF)
                              Justin Kline (Baseball)

I wish all of them well, but darn, that is some serious talent and major contributors that have left this state yet stayed in MVFC/Summit League. I can't name the last ND talent that compares to any of the names above that enrolled at USD. Does SDSU pull that type of talent out of ND?
                              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                                Disclaimer: Sorry for thread drift.

What bothers me more is when kids that DO want to go D-1 from South Dakota, and not go FBS, decide to do so up North.

Mike Tweidt (MBB)
                                Abbey Plucker (WBB)
                                Ryan Janstrom (FB)
                                Trevor Gebbarht (FB)
                                Colton Boyer (FB)
                                Preston Evans (FB)
                                Fitzke, Epsland, Tetzlaff and Mckittrick (TF)
                                Justin Kline (Baseball)

I wish all of them well, but darn, that is some serious talent and major contributors that have left this state yet stayed in MVFC/Summit League. I can't name the last ND talent that compares to any of the names above that enrolled at USD. Does SDSU pull that type of talent out of ND?
                                We have this argument every year around signing period. Michael Tveidt went to North Dakota State because his brother and a friend of his went their. Plucker went to North Dakota STate because SDSU didn't offer her a scholarship. Many times if you look into it there are more reasons then facilities or coaches or whatever. I do think SDSU has to do a better job of keeping recruits in state but I don't think it is that big of deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X