Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Kyle Bauman committed to a NCIS school tonight according to @ryanjamesmn
    Is Leroy Jethro Gibbs going to be his coach? LOL
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Are we looking at the right kids if they are choosing lower level competition?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Are we looking at the right kids if they are choosing lower level competition?
        If it becomes a trend,the obvious answer is no we're not.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          Is Leroy Jethro Gibbs going to be his coach? LOL
          Man I didn't even notice that. NSIC.... WOW....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            If it becomes a trend,the obvious answer is no we're not.
            I don't know. From all reports Wolters was between SDSU, Augie and 1 other D-II school. Huisken seems to be a religion based decision. This kid I'm not really sure. Did he still have an offer from the Jacks? It was reported before Connor Devine (similar built) committed.

Its hard for me to make a commit on the kids decision without knowing anything about him. But I wonder why a 6;8" kid who has had a lot of of D-I looks from the sound of it committing to a D-II school before the year starts. But hey whatever.

Comment

The Huisken decision to not go D-I makes sense, but I really don't get the Bauman decision. Was the offer still on the table from the Jacks? Who else offerred from D-I teams?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                The Huisken decision to not go D-I makes sense, but I really don't get the Bauman decision. Was the offer still on the table from the Jacks? Who else offerred from D-I teams?
                According to Rivals just SDSU, but from what I've read NDSU seemed interested, had talked to the Gophers as well as others. Winona is instate, and maybe there is some ties there.

Maybe he liked there offer and wanted to take it. But I just wonder why someone who is 6'8" 220 already who at the worst has had serious D-I talks commits to a D-II school before his sr. year starts.

Comment

It is certainly a head scratcher of some sorts. We are constantly telling all our athletes to know what you want at the next level. To some going D1 no matter what is what's most important, to others it might be academics, staying close to home, or maybe they want to play right away. Our local D2, University of Alaska Anchorage, which is a very competitive D2, constantly benefits from former D1 kids who didn't know what they wanted going into the whole process. Some return home and others decided that what they really wanted was to play. I think too many focus on going as big as they can without realizing that can mean never playing or being replaced a year later by someone younger and better. It takes a special type of person to choose to go and maybe never play but play a role. So I think if he's happy there then good for him, the coaches will find others.

Comment

My question is since Devine averaged 15.9/11.5/5.9 as a junior.....if he makes a natural progression to 19 pts/13 rebs/6.5 blocks do we risk losing him to a more high profile program?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                      My question is since Devine averaged 15.9/11.5/5.9 as a junior.....if he makes a natural progression to 19 pts/13 rebs/6.5 blocks do we risk losing him to a more high profile program?
                      Early signing period in basketball. He will sign in less than a month

Comment

Lots of local family connections for Devine, too.

Comment

SDSU has an offer out Tanner Williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKX7Q_Vzf1w, This according to Peoria Irish's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peoria...m/190771061237

Tanner Williams 6'6" SF Orion HS IL

He has an offer from Missouri State, He played for Martin Brothers Select AAU, the same AAU team as North Carolina recruit Marcus Paige played for. He is 6'6" SF. More of the athletic type than the shooting type. Does not have a Rival account. Has a 2 star Scout account with an ESPN/Scout grade of 80. From everything I've read, the biggest question mark his the competition he has played against. (He plays in 1A)

Orion is about 10 miles south of Moline IL (Quad Cities)
                          Last edited by joeboo22; 10-17-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

SDSU has an offer out Tanner Williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKX7Q_Vzf1w, This according to Peoria Irish's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peoria...m/190771061237

Tanner Williams 6'6" SF Orion HS IL

He has an offer from Missouri State, He played for Martin Brothers Select AAU, the same AAU team as North Carolina recruit Marcus Paige played for. He is 6'6" SF. More of the athletic type than the shooting type. Does not have a Rival account. Has a 2 star Scout account with an ESPN/Scout grade of 80. From everything I've read, the biggest question mark his the competition he has played against. (He plays in 1A)

Orion is about 10 miles south of Moline IL (Quad Cities)
                            Here is a 10 minute highlight video of William's junior year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCN5xnU-_7w

Lots of athleticism displayed by the kid against weaker competition, looks to have a good inside/outside game, though a little raw, and finishes aggresively. Definitely a type of player the Jacks could use on their roster, but if Missouri State is offering I won't get my hopes up too high of landing the kid, as we'll lose recruiting battles with top tier MVC schools more times than not.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Great get if we can sign him.Good jumping ability.Just a few more good recruits,and we'd be the class of the Summit,we're right there ,just one or two more good players.Losing Nate in two years will be a big blow,that's why we need good recruiting now.

Comment

SDSU has an offer out Tanner Williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKX7Q_Vzf1w, This according to Peoria Irish's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peoria...m/190771061237 Tanner Williams 6'6" SF Orion HS ILHe has an offer from Missouri State, He played for Martin Brothers Select AAU, the same AAU team as North Carolina recruit Marcus Paige played for. He is 6'6" SF. More of the athletic type than the shooting type. Does not have a Rival account. Has a 2 star Scout account with an ESPN/Scout grade of 80. From everything I've read, the biggest question mark his the competition he has played against. (He plays in 1A)Orion is about 10 miles south of Moline IL (Quad Cities)
                                I wasn't going to post anything until after Tanner visits (this weekend). Looks like the kind of athlete SDSU is in need of right now. The scoop on Tanner is that he had some injuries last season which caused him to have a so/so summer. Because of this, a few teams have cooled off on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X