2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

I will note that the two recent signees are older then your avg. college Freshman, it is like they have already RS, and according to TV we had commitments from them long ago but because they are international it took longer to get all the paperwork done.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...ional-intrigue

Comment

By the way why are we talking about the Zacs, Francis, and Prince on the 2012 recruit thread? They are all 2011 recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        By the way why are we talking about the Zacs, Francis, and Prince on the 2012 recruit thread? They are all 2011 recruits.
        Semi related thread drift?

I am going to go back to zac Kranning and say he could be a nice fit for the jacks IMO.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Does anyone know if we are having any recruits on campus this weekend with the football game going on?

Comment

Thanks for joining the board AKCoach! Being that Conner still has a year before becoming a Rabbit, what are your thoughts on the possibility of him growing another inch or two?

Comment

Connor is coming down this weekend for his visit, he told me he was told two other recruits would be on campus as well. He's there Friday through Sunday afternoon and the footall game was on the agenda. As far as potential for still growing, there's a chance. Last time I checked he was 6'8.5" barefoot, which puts him at about 6'10" in shoes. His wingspan is about right at 7', maybe a little more than that. His dad is about 6'5" and most guys keep growing until 20, so he might grow a little more in college. I wouldn't expect another huge spurt for him, he was about 6'4"-6'5" as a freshmen, so he's grown quite a bit already. I can say I think he will continue to gain athleticism. He's going to gain weight and muscle, so I think he'll comfortably play a little "bigger" than his height.

Comment

Thanks coach, good info!

Originally posted by AKCoach View Post
                Connor is coming down this weekend for his visit, he told me he was told two other recruits would be on campus as well. He's there Friday through Sunday afternoon and the footall game was on the agenda. As far as potential for still growing, there's a chance. Last time I checked he was 6'8.5" barefoot, which puts him at about 6'10" in shoes. His wingspan is about right at 7', maybe a little more than that. His dad is about 6'5" and most guys keep growing until 20, so he might grow a little more in college. I wouldn't expect another huge spurt for him, he was about 6'4"-6'5" as a freshmen, so he's grown quite a bit already. I can say I think he will continue to gain athleticism. He's going to gain weight and muscle, so I think he'll comfortably play a little "bigger" than his height.

Comment

Originally posted by AKCoach View Post
                  I am excited to see him in the blue and yellow next year. He might just add the right amount of height and skill we need. Put him with the returning players we have coming back and he as a freshman might have a big impact as how we do. he seems to have a knack for knowing when to attemp a shot block and positioning, something our D could benefit from and if he can get a few rebounds too. As long as he keeps improving I think he will have an impact right away when he gets here.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Any sightings of Connor or the other 2 recruits that were supposed to be on campus this past weekend?

Comment

Well, I saw Nagy at Cubbies before the game. He was there with a few tall young men.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

One of them was wearing a Spartan basketball sweatshirt. The colors were purple. Anyone know who that is?
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          One of them was wearing a Spartan basketball sweatshirt. The colors were purple. Anyone know who that is?
                          If the colors were purple and red, maybe it was Orono Spartans?

6'2" G Brady Wohler is from Orono and had attended the Jacks Elite camp this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                            If the colors were purple and red, maybe it was Orono Spartans?

6'2" G Brady Wohler is from Orono and had attended the Jacks Elite camp this summer.
                            If it was Brady,his dad is Barry who played a year or two of basketball for the Gophers before transferring to a DII school (St.Cloud State ?). He also played baseball in the Dodger farm system,and is currently the basketball coach at Orono,who won a state title in Minnesota last season.

Comment

The Jacks did have several recruits visit here over the weekend (along with Connor Devine) . Both were from out-of-state, and I believe one of them was from Oklahoma, and we may have offered.

Comment

There could have been others that were there on unofficial visits as well. From the sound of it there were 3 official visits including Connor Devine who has already committed.

Comment

Working...
                                X