Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Didn't he say the same thing about the Zach's that at least one would red-shirt?
    Your right, he probably did. I heard him say recently that they "wished they could have red shirted both Zachs" but they didn't. So, I guess we'll wait and see. Physically though I just don't see any way Connor sees the floor next year. Unless he puts on some serious weight in the next 10 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Your right, he probably did. I heard him say recently that they "wished they could have red shirted both Zachs" but they didn't. So, I guess we'll wait and see. Physically though I just don't see any way Connor sees the floor next year. Unless he puts on some serious weight in the next 10 months.
      It would be nice if they could pick up a JUCO big and then redshirt Devine and Heemstra. If they would have picked up the JUCO that went to Wisc-Green Bay, I think Heemstra would have redshirted this year.

If a JUCO gets signed, no way Devine plays his first year. But I think that's a good thing.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I don't know, Heemstra even played a little bit and he was skinny as a rail. And are you telling me we can't find some use for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s8J6WjhhZs? Next year is Nate's senior year. If Devine can help even a little bit he should play. That first play at 0:13 makes me think inappropriate thoughts
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think Nagy would like to redshirt every recruit, or almost every recruit. I think the key will be if he is able too. Nagy has always been a coach who will pull the redshirt if the recruit will help the team. So if he will help he won't red shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I don't know, Heemstra even played a little bit and he was skinny as a rail. And are you telling me we can't find some use for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s8J6WjhhZs? Next year is Nate's senior year. If Devine can help even a little bit he should play. That first play at 0:13 makes me think inappropriate thoughts
            I agree, since I am at work I cant watch the clip, but from what I have seen of him, just his height and knack for blocking shots, he surely could help this team. even if its only 5 minutes agame his freshman year. he seems to have skills that he is ready to play IMO, a little weight couldnt hurt, but that didnt hurt Durant and others who were a little skinny in college.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

He is going to look very good in Blue. I appreciated the fact that he goes up strong and straight, with good body control on the blocks. Not afraid to take it to the hoop hard for the dunk, but recognized when to use the backboard or a soft roll, too. Plus he stepped out and knocked down a few threes... very excited to see him in Brookings.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if everyone that is currently red-shirting returns next season. With only Griff leaving,and with Taevaunn and the two Zachs looking like they will be quality players,there may not be many minutes to be had next season.

Comment

Nagy has stated publicly (at a Jacks After Hours at Cubbys OR on Jackrabbit Insider) that he will most likely red-shirt. He needs to add some serious muscle. He reminds me of a skinny Mark Engen.
                  A skinny Mark Engen? So what's that, transparent?

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    A skinny Mark Engen? So what's that, transparent?
                    My point exactly.

Comment

Connor Devine looks very good in that highlight video. He'll definitely help the Jacks, whether he reshirts or not. He might be needed right away. The Jacks still lack depth at post.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

My point exactly.
                        Mark Engen did turn out with a few skills that he did not have when he got here. Seems like he gave minutes in each game towards the end of his career. Judging from the HS coaches comments Connor will no doubt be much further ahead of Mark coming in next year. He could be one of our better post players. Seems odd but Kent Hyde was a project too, but managed to score at least 1000 pts in 3 years of eliglibity.Hyde was no more than 6'7".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Connor Devine looks very good in that highlight video. He'll definitely help the Jacks, whether he reshirts or not. He might be needed right away. The Jacks still lack depth at post.
                          Unless the Jacks can bring in a JUCO post , I would be very surprised if Devine is redshirted.

Comment

The only thing Mark Engen and Connor Devine have in common is that they are/were both tall and skinny.

Mark developed into a serviceable center by careers end, but he wasn't even close to as gifted athletically as Connor.

Connor's ceiling is much, much higher.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              The only thing Mark Engen and Connor Devine have in common is that they are/were both tall and skinny.

Mark developed into a serviceable center by careers end, but he wasn't even close to as gifted athletically as Connor.

Agreed.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Thanks for repeating my post.

Comment

Working...
                                X