2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

This is what happens when you win, you hear o yeah so and so is being recruited from them. But a guy who knows his stuff from Oklahoma mentioned that SDSU is still actively recruiting Jake Bittle from Bixby OK (already known) but they are also recruiting Delvonte Pierre, 6’3 SG, Lawton: a guard, who the little I've found from him, sounds like he didn't qualify right away, some still think he could go JuCo but would be a "steal" for a mid major because of it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/okvarsity/ba...-Pierre-119705

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVcp2gSRnDI

go shooting, physical guard who seems like would fit in well with SDSU's system

Comment

So this would have been great for recruits for both mens and womens teams to be able to make the tourny to watch and see what they could be apart of.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

De Pere's Jordan Poydras was tweeting about the sdsu game. Giving shoutouts to sdsu players. Hope it helps get him to come to SDSU (He seemed exicted/interested). He had a couple tweets about getting an A on a Biology exam and about how his HS team was doing earlier this week also.
        It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Cool. Jordan Poydras would seem to be a great addition and good fit for the Jacks. Was Connor Devine was at the Summit championship game?
          This space for lease.

Comment

http://www.frontiersman.com/sports/p...871e3ce6c.html

Connor Devine was named Northern Lights Conference Player of The Year. His 2nd Straight Year

He averages 20.8 ppg - 14.6 rpg - 8.8 bpg.

Got to be excited!

Comment

Connor was not at the game, I went over to his place and watched wih his whole family. It was exciting and a bit nerve racking. He did just win his 2nd conference player of the year award, our teams 4th straight team title. His stats in the article were a bit off but close, 20.2 points 14.5 boards, and 8.1 blocks. He's 5 blocks short of our goal of 200 for the season, but he should get there in the first game of our state tournament that starts next Thursday.

Comment

Yes it will be fun to watch him develop wearing yellow and blue.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Thanks for the update AkCoach. I try to google and find as much information as I can. Are you guys the 1 seed in the state tournament and is there a website where we can follow you guys?

Comment

We are the #1 seed but it's seeded by Winning Percentage Index, similar to the college RPI, and there is another team that was very close and easily could have been the one. Our conference had a bit more parity than theirs did, so we benefitted from that some. I think there will be live stats, I'll post the link when I find it. Otherwise I'll try and post updates after games at least to let you guys know how we and Connor are doing
                    Last edited by rabidrabbit; 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Good Luck to you coach and your kids. We want players that know how to win.

Comment

According to the same guy on twitter from Oklahoma, SDSU has someone at the State tournament in OK, watching Jake Bittle. Could be making a strong push right now

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          According to the same guy on twitter from Oklahoma, SDSU has someone at the State tournament in OK, watching Jake Bittle. Could be making a strong push right now
                          Weird karma that as Oral Roberts leaves the Summit League, SDSU begins recruiting the state of Oklahoma more vigorously?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Found this site that ranks Jake as the 10th best senior player in the state. www.okhoops.com/?p=1578

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/...oys-basketball

POY talks on Connor Devine. Austin Hansen tweeted it.

Comment

Could someone please post a link or a list of the players we have offers out to or who we are interested in. Thank you for any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X