2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

He's on twitter and had some really nice things to say about Brookings, and SDSU https://twitter.com/#!/JPTrey13

Comment

I've read a few things about him. It seems like his recruitment has slowed or is less then he expected it to be. A year ago he was talking about Michigan and Wisconsin, now its Army, UNI, SDSU, etc.

He is a 6-2/6-3 combo guard. Is a solid shooter, but struggles with his ability to take it off the dribble. Needs to put on some muscle/weight. Good defender. I've read some message boards where they thought a redshirt season or a prep season would do him a ton of good. But is the type of guy you would want on your team.

Haven't heard anything on whether or not he has an offer

Comment

Looks impressive. Didnt see him finish with his left hand. Probably more of a SG than a PG.
        It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

What are the possibilities of Jared Vlaustin coming and playing one year of basketball after his track career is over. I know it has been talked about before. Just curious on peoples thoughts?
          It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
            What are the possibilities of Jared Vlaustin coming and playing one year of basketball after his track career is over. I know it has been talked about before. Just curious on peoples thoughts?
            First of all I don't know if he would want to.

Second of all and someone could check, but sometimes with track athletes they will red shirt them either in indoor or outdoor so they get 5 years total, don't know if they did that with him or not

Third- Though he is good, basketball is tougher then football to go out for in that 5th year. There is shape and then there is basketball shape. Its not football where you get breaks in between plays and you can be subbed in and out every play.

Fourth- Do they need him/would they take him? If he wanted to walk on I'm guessing Nagy would let him, however you wonder how many minutes he would get, 2 years ago they could have used a guy who didn't have much of an offensive game but rebounded and blocked shots, but I don't know how many minutes are there for him.

It'll be interesting if he decides to, but knowing people that are close to him I'd be surprised.

Comment

Maybe seeing the sucsess of others who have done that it might help interest him. Allison anderson ketty C, moss. Would we really need him? Probably not. Could he help the team out with his athletic ability and jumps? Probably. If he could help the team and makes for an easy recruit I hope coach would entertain the idea.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

He is off to a great start this season and has aspirations of being an all-american. If he makes that goal he may have a chance to continue with his track career after college. Pure speculation on my part, but I'd guess he'd pursue those options over a season of basketball.

Comment

Why risk a knee injury in BB, and its a different path. One year of BB would hardly make Vlaustin an NBA pick. With Moss, now thats a different story.

Comment

I don't know if he would be interested at this point, but Jared Vlastuin would be a great addition for the basketball team, even if only for one season. He's an elite. 6-6 athlete who was originally recruited out of high school by Drake as a basketball player. I saw him play for the Schoolers a couple of times. Great hops. The Jacks have had football players make the conversion to basketball in a week or two. Surely a track star could contribute after an off-season and a month or two of practice.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

He was profiled on the jackrabbit insider last night and they showed some video of him dunking in Frost. Had one where he took off about 6 inches in front of the free throw line and easily dunked it and had some nice alley oops to himself. There's no doubt he'd be the best dunker in school history.

Comment

He high jumped 7' 1"....now that's incredible!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          He was profiled on the jackrabbit insider last night and they showed some video of him dunking in Frost. Had one where he took off about 6 inches in front of the free throw line and easily dunked it and had some nice alley oops to himself. There's no doubt he'd be the best dunker in school history.
                          I was always partial to Cowboy Cody, I think blocking shots and rebounds and dunks were always fun to watch. But your probably right. I just think if he was good enough for Drake as a freshman, that Nagy should be open to the idea that he is an elite athlete that just like moss did for the football team could become an x factor in one year of basketball.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Google is a wonderful thing. Found this video of Vlastuin dunking in Frost. Ok, maybe not the best ever, but he does look good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLiDxyNJOg

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              Google is a wonderful thing. Found this video of Vlastuin dunking in Frost. Ok, maybe not the best ever, but he does look good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLiDxyNJOg
                              Flat out that dude can jump.

Comment

Connor Devine was just number 7 on ESPN top plays with a huge dunk off a pass off the backboard. Crazy.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X