• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bub94
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
    FYI---If you're coming on Friday night, you'll see the men play, the women play on Saturday.
    I was gonna say did I miss a change. And 7 games for $7 is a steal. Sure maybe all the games won't be championship title games, but it is still fun.

Leave a comment:

• SDSU16
    replied

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
    Going to the Hansen Classic on Saturday. Feature game will be Madison v. Platte-Geddes at 8:30 pm. Same two teams that played in the A championship last year with most starters back. Looking forward to that game and watching the two committs for the Jacks. What a deal on Saturday, 7 games for $7...Going to watch Jacks Women Friday night and then to Mitchell all day Saturday. Will miss the Men on Saturday night, though.

FYI---If you're coming on Friday night, you'll see the men play, the women play on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Jack4Life
    replied

Going to the Hansen Classic on Saturday. Feature game will be Madison v. Platte-Geddes at 8:30 pm. Same two teams that played in the A championship last year with most starters back. Looking forward to that game and watching the two committs for the Jacks. What a deal on Saturday, 7 games for $7...Going to watch Jacks Women Friday night and then to Mitchell all day Saturday. Will miss the Men on Saturday night, though.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I liked Joe's breakdown of recruits and attempts to compare them to other players. Anticipation and exchanging opinions is half the fun of college sports. I saw the Madison guys play last year but haven't seen them this year. Haven't ever seen Carlson. Anyway, I enjoy others' insights. Thanks, all.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Carlson had a few nice plays but Douglas was huge as he put up 16 pts and I'd guess 8 or 9 boards in the first half.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

[QUOTE=ringthebells;104360]
    Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

Brayden Carlson- 6-4/6-5 PG/SG, a little less known but I've talked to people who watched the schoolers this summer and said he was better the Felt (sp) that is going to NDSU... Is a big smart guard, probably the best guard in AA (not that there is much).... SDSU is taking a little bit of a gamble on him but I like what I've heard about him, Hes from Brookings wants to be a Jack pretty bad, is a basketball player, and has the body and basketball smarts to be a good guard for the Jacks..... again hard to compare him to anybody, maybe a Sargent on the team...

QUOTE]

If you would like to watch Brayden play tonight, BV usually streams their home games. Here is the address. You will also be able to see football verbal Chase Douglas and an extremely quick Britt Wickett. I don't know what Britt's plans are, but he could help someone (football)somewhere with his quickness and toughness.

http://brandonvalley.k12.sd.us/
    Appreciate the link, I'll have to try to catch some of it.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

[QUOTE=ringthebells;104360]

Brayden Carlson- 6-4/6-5 PG/SG, a little less known but I've talked to people who watched the schoolers this summer and said he was better the Felt (sp) that is going to NDSU... Is a big smart guard, probably the best guard in AA (not that there is much).... SDSU is taking a little bit of a gamble on him but I like what I've heard about him, Hes from Brookings wants to be a Jack pretty bad, is a basketball player, and has the body and basketball smarts to be a good guard for the Jacks..... again hard to compare him to anybody, maybe a Sargent on the team...

QUOTE]

If you would like to watch Brayden play tonight, BV usually streams their home games. Here is the address. You will also be able to see football verbal Chase Douglas and an extremely quick Britt Wickett. I don't know what Britt's plans are, but he could help someone (football)somewhere with his quickness and toughness.

thanks....

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

[QUOTE=joeboo22;103869]

QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    On topic, I anticipate great things from both of these players. Mainly because they have dreamed of playing for SDSU for a long time. DESIRE to play at SDSU is something that is not given as much credit as it deserves. These two WANTED to play for SDSU early and made the commitment to do so. They have grown into top notch high school basketball players. I have no reason to believe they will do anything but continue to grow and mature into top notch college basketball players. They will put on weight, probably grow a little more and will learn things about the game of basketball that they have yet to even touch on as young teenagers. I think they will be great for SDSU and SDSU will be great for them...as is the case for 99% of the athletes who attend/have attended SDSU. I can't wait to see them in SDSU blue and gold.*

* (just seeing if you're paying attention)

I am . . . SDSU Yellow and Blue.

Leave a comment:

• MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Return to the topic, everyone, or the thread will be locked.
    On topic, I anticipate great things from both of these players. Mainly because they have dreamed of playing for SDSU for a long time. DESIRE to play at SDSU is something that is not given as much credit as it deserves. These two WANTED to play for SDSU early and made the commitment to do so. They have grown into top notch high school basketball players. I have no reason to believe they will do anything but continue to grow and mature into top notch college basketball players. They will put on weight, probably grow a little more and will learn things about the game of basketball that they have yet to even touch on as young teenagers. I think they will be great for SDSU and SDSU will be great for them...as is the case for 99% of the athletes who attend/have attended SDSU. I can't wait to see them in SDSU blue and gold.*

* (just seeing if you're paying attention)

Leave a comment:

• MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    replied

huh? I try to answer his demands the best I could...

Here is the facts or my opinion in which I concur to be fact...

If Chad White wouldn't of torn his ACL and gone through the recruitment process he'd at least have a half of dozen MVC offers.... May even of had them with the torn ACL...

Feigen maybe not a lot of high mid major offers but would of at least generated a lot of hard looks...
    I was being sarcastic in my post. I think that was the basis for most giving you deserved hard time. We all know White and Feigen are two of the best players in the State. We all know Chad tore his ACL. You could read 20 different threads on this site and get that same info. My post was trying to point out the futility and stupidity in comparing players with such scientific evidence such as "he sucks" or "I've watched him play and he's over-rated." Those are probably my two favorite talent evaluation methods. "Joe Krabbenhoft will never be any good because he sucks" or "I saw Tviedt play and he's way over-rated". Granted, those are usually evaluation methods generally reserved for high schoolers from opposing towns, but they also seem to find their way on to this site when a thread about next year's recruits is started. Thus, the 3+ pages of comparing White and Feigen to Tviedt for no apparent purpose other than to say one or the other "sucks".

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    You have the keys, do it.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Billy likes to drink soda.

Miss Lippy's car is green.
    huh? I try to answer his demands the best I could...

Here is the facts or my opinion in which I concur to be fact...

If Chad White wouldn't of torn his ACL and gone through the recruitment process he'd at least have a half of dozen MVC offers.... May even of had them with the torn ACL...

Feigen maybe not a lot of high mid major offers but would of at least generated a lot of hard looks...

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    I'd like a complete breakdown of each recruit we currently have on the radar and how they compare to each recruit for both NDSU and USD, please. Actually, they don't have to be "complete" breakdowns. In fact, I'd prefer basic comparison principles such as "he sucks" or "he's not even half the player ___ is". Because, despite the fact that all compared athletes are/were deemed worthy to play D1 basketball by people paid to make such determinations, one of them has to obviously suck when in comparison of the other. Thank you.
    Holy Crap. That was amazing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X