X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YanktonRabbit
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

McDonald's All American Basketball Selection Committee announced that Chad White and Tony Fiegen are among 1500 players nominated for the All American team. Last year Colton Iverson was the only South Dakota player nominated.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I've always interpreted it as being the first year for the student-athlete at SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Carlson, White and Fiegan are all 2008-2009 Recruits last time I checked.
    So which is it? The student's senior year, or the student's freshman year?

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Carlson, White and Fiegan are all 2008-2009 Recruits last time I checked.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Yeah, I saw that score and figured it had to be double or triple overtime. We may have to teach the young man how to play better defense but I like everything else about what he is doing.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Brayden had a pretty good night Friday, leading Brookings to a 102-90 win[ over Pierre...he was 4-4 from the arc and 12-14 overall in shooting, and had five assists. Looking better all the time!
    WOW!!!! THAT's a HIGH SCORING HS game! Aren't HS games 8 min quarters? Or 32 min total? That's 20% shorter than a college game if true!

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Originally posted by SDSU Dad View Post
    yes, most in the know think Carlson is a better "scorer" than Felt and all round player. What I had heard was when the competition got more difficult(Las Vegas, KCity), Felt had trouble getting his shot off and Carlson started averaging about 18-20 a game as well as running the offense.
    Brayden had a pretty good night Friday, leading Brookings to a 102-90 win over Pierre...he was 4-4 from the arc and 12-14 overall in shooting, and had five assists. Looking better all the time!

Leave a comment:

• SDSU Dad
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I've never seen Felt play but I've talked to numerous people who follows or plays for the schoolers and they said Carlson played better then Felt did.... they also said Feigen and White were good but White still wasn't 100% (he is now) and Feigen had some ankle problems throughout the year but still played good.....
    yes, most in the know think Carlson is a better "scorer" than Felt and all round player. What I had heard was when the competition got more difficult(Las Vegas, KCity), Felt had trouble getting his shot off and Carlson started averaging about 18-20 a game as well as running the offense.

Leave a comment:

• Just in the crowd
    replied

Originally posted by Chains View Post
    I expect both the Madison recruits to be productive players for the Jacks. Have the people that rank these players actually seen them play? Or do they simply go by stats, size, recruiting attention etc?
    Isn't most of compiled information on guys from our area sent to them from guys like the Schoolers dude, some AAU coaches??

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

I've never seen Felt play but I've talked to numerous people who follows or plays for the schoolers and they said Carlson played better then Felt did.... they also said Feigen and White were good but White still wasn't 100% (he is now) and Feigen had some ankle problems throughout the year but still played good.....

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by Kermit View Post
    I know that the Jacks recruited Felt hard, and the Cadsev said that he would "be great" for the Jacks.
    What are you implying? We all know the Jacks recruited him hard and what Cadsev stated, but that doesn't change the fact that he (or any freshman at our level for that matter) might not have an immediate impact. He may or may not, time will tell. Lots of players have potential, it takes development in the system to make an immediate impact and that is what we will find out next year. I don't think anyone here doubts Felt's ability or potential and I for one don't think bigticket implied that.

Leave a comment:

• Kermit
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Saw Felt play last night.He is a good player - at 6'3" he brings the ball up and has tremendous range on his shot - he made a couple of 3's that had to have been 6 or 8 feet behind the line.He has had multiple games of 30 + and he put up 32 last night,but that is somewhat misleading.He is THE offense for his team.After you took away his free throws,he went 10 for 33 from the field.He has the potential to be a nice college player,but I don't think he will come in and have a big impact right away
    I know that the Jacks recruited Felt hard, and the Cadsev said that he would "be great" for the Jacks.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Saw Felt play last night.He is a good player - at 6'3" he brings the ball up and has tremendous range on his shot - he made a couple of 3's that had to have been 6 or 8 feet behind the line.He has had multiple games of 30 + and he put up 32 last night,but that is somewhat misleading.He is THE offense for his team.After you took away his free throws,he went 10 for 33 from the field.He has the potential to be a nice college player,but I don't think he will come in and have a big impact right away
    33 shots taken. That is a lot for one player.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any ESPN ratings, but ESPN has NDSU's recruits rated as Michael Felt 79, and Jordan Aaberg 76.

Can anybody whose seen Felt, White, & Fiegen play on their AAU team compare them in talent?

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any ESPN ratings, but ESPN has NDSU's recruits rated as Michael Felt 79, and Jordan Aaberg 76.

Can anybody whose seen Felt, White, & Fiegen play on their AAU team compare them in talent?
    That analysis sounds a lot like what Saul has said about both players. Aaberg's is right on, he will redshirt to put some weight on and build strength, we were lucky to get him early because Oklahoma State offered him over the summer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X