• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidaros
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    I hope you are right. IMO, if they were that great Madison would be chasing their 3rd consecutive state title. Can anyone name the last boys state basketball champions to wear Madison uniforms.
    Long ago, very long ago, Madison used to be the doormat of the ESD in the 1940's,50's,60"s and later. Bob Rumrill, and the two Applewick brothers were very good bb players but they played about the time of Roger Nelson and Bob Fishback, 1954-57). Its been long ago. That bunch might have won the ESD maybe once, but not the state that I recall. The enrollment has always been low on the side and seldom were competitive in what is now Class AA. The three class system probably benefited Madison more than any one else in the state. I doubt they have had many Class A state tournament appearences since the three classes were put in place. So no doubt Madison has much to cheer about be it last year or this year.

To say White and Feigan are the best recruits in history is a stretch. I posted else where that in 1958-59, season, Don Jacobsen played his first game of his career against GUESS WHo Iowa State and the Jacks lost that one by seven points. So Jake took off as a Jack from game one and never quit until he turn his jersey in three years later. It be hard to beat him out, and yes a different era and different game, but Jacobsen is one of SDSU best and he got a NBA tryout so I think he was more than a D2 player.

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
    White and Fiegen are the two best recruits SDSU has ever had, or ever will.
    I hope you are right. IMO, if they were that great Madison would be chasing their 3rd consecutive state title. Can anyone name the last boys state basketball champions to wear Madison uniforms.
    Last edited by 1bunnies; 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
    Have to give that the big, "Uhhh, we don't KNOW that."

They may well be the best recruits we have had at this stage of their careers, but that includes zero collegiate games. Not saying this because I don't think they are going to be good, but you never know what is going to happen, i.e. Anthony Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Just in the crowd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SDSU16
    replied

Anyone interested, in the Brookings area, will have the opportunity to watch SDSU recruits, Fiegen and White, play against Dell Rapids Public in the Entringer Classic on Saturday, Dec 27th at 6:45 at Brookings High School.

The Entringer Classic consists of 8 games, played in 2 gyms. The funds raised (45-$1,000 scholarships given out last year) provide scholarship money for area student-athletes. For more information on the Michael J Entringer Scholarship Classic you can log into their website at entringerclassic.k12.sd.us

GO BIG, GO BLUE, GO JACKS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jack4Life
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    It shouldn't take Cadsev or anybody too tell people that these 2 are good players.... If you watch them and can't tell it for yourself you should have your head examined..... If anybody has watched these 2 play you should honestly be able to say that these are the best 2 recruits Nagy has brought in (maybe with an exception to Matt Jones) his career here and the best recruits to commit instate out of high school...
    I don't know when I will get a chance to see them. Hope they are at the Hansen Classic again since I do go to that event every year.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    I was there JB22 and was really pleased to see that Chad White is indeed back (compared to last year, he seems like a different player...Cadsev was right about him, and that's why I listen closely when he speaks about high school athletes). He got two early fouls and sat out at least half of the game. These two are going to be a healthy addition to the Jack rosters next fall. I think the coaching they will get at SDSU will lead to productive college careers for both.
    It shouldn't take Cadsev or anybody too tell people that these 2 are good players.... If you watch them and can't tell it for yourself you should have your head examined..... If anybody has watched these 2 play you should honestly be able to say that these are the best 2 recruits Nagy has brought in (maybe with an exception to Matt Jones) his career here and the best recruits to commit instate out of high school...

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    White had 21 points (was in foul trouble the first half)
    Feigen had 20 points and 12 boards...
    I was there JB22 and was really pleased to see that Chad White is indeed back (compared to last year, he seems like a different player...Cadsev was right about him, and that's why I listen closely when he speaks about high school athletes). He got two early fouls and sat out at least half of the game. These two are going to be a healthy addition to the Jack rosters next fall. I think the coaching they will get at SDSU will lead to productive college careers for both.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

White had 21 points (was in foul trouble the first half)
    Feigen had 20 points and 12 boards...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

He will be back Friday for their game. He looked good last night at Tri Valley. Very good. A little lazy at times but I think that will come with better competition.

Leave a comment:

• 76Rabbit
    replied

If Madison follows the rules suggested by the SDHSAA, his break would be 2 games or 2 weeks.......whichever is longer.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Is Fiegen supposed to be back for the game against Lennox this weekend? Or is it more than a 2 game "break" he got.

Know a guy that was at the Madison/Tri-valley game last night. He said White was spectacular and appeared to be able to do anything he wanted to, whether it be inside or outside, last night.
    2 game break (training rules violation). Not sure on the length of his break.

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

Is Fiegen supposed to be back for the game against Lennox this weekend? Or is it more than a 2 game "break" he got.

Know a guy that was at the Madison/Tri-valley game last night. He said White was spectacular and appeared to be able to do anything he wanted to, whether it be inside or outside, last night.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by MyBoyBlue View Post
    And Derek Brown put up 41 vs Roncalli and Ben Miller put up 30 vs Clark/Willow Lake. My point is we wont know what Chad White is capable of until next year.
    Dude anybody that is questioning Chad White should go watch the guy play.... he is explosive off of the dribble and the quickest shot I've seen in the state maybe ever... Hes 6'7", a good ball handler and plays good defense.... Now I will agree him scoring 29 points is irrelevant....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by MyBoyBlue View Post
    And Derek Brown put up 41 vs Roncalli and Ben Miller put up 30 vs Clark/Willow Lake.
    Miller made it look easy tonight at times long and short game. 53 points and 24 rebounds in two games. Sioux Valley uses a 42-9 run to trounce Clark-Willow Lake 77-44. D. Brown struggled tonight against the Cossacks with just 16 points.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X