• 1stRowFANatic
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Welcome to the board!

Leave a comment:

• JamesJacks
    replied

My first post....yeah! Who are our 2009 recruits coming in?

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Jacks have expressed interest in Tyler Lange a 6'6 wing forward from Urbandale Iowa. Plays AAU for All Iowa Attack.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Jacks had offer out to Nick Burns a 6'1 guard from Seward CC along with a few other DI schools. He chose instead DII West Texas A&M. Originally from Portland Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    "capable of exploding for point production with good versatility

Wow, I'm stealing that description and putting on my next evaluation for work. That's gotta impress the boss.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Minnesota Preps had confirmed also that the 6'1 Felt has an offer from SDSU and NDSU. They also were quoted as saying Felt has Quality DI interest with great tools in the backcourt and a fantastic shooting stroke.

Jacks also looking at 6'7 forward Mike Muscala of Roseville who is "capable of exploding for point production with good versatility.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Despite losing another player, SDSU men's basketball coach Scott Nagy doesn't believe the program will be hit with any academic progress rate (APR) sanctions when the NCAA releases the annual numbers later today. As for what might happen with the newly available scholarship, it has reportedly been offered to junior guard Michael Felt of Redwood Valley, a summer teammate of SDSU recruits Chad White and Tony Fiegen.
    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

According to TV, an offer has been made to Michael Felt.

Felt was second team All-State in Minnesota last year. The only junior on the first or second team, the rest were seniors. I'm pretty certain that All-State in Minnesota is for all classes, so that's pretty impressive.

He also has an offer from NDSU. I've also read that he has garnered some interest from Creighton and the U of M.

Leave a comment:

• NorCalJack
    replied

Well the Dakota Schoolers posted their roster for the Boy's 17 and under group. Here it is

Code:
    Jersey #   Athlete          Height                   School                               Grade 08
      3          Adol Aluong           6'0"     Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School    Junior
      4          Mike Felt                6'2"          Redwood Valley High School        Senior
    11         Jordan Snyder       6'5"             West Central High School           Senior
    20         David Maxwell       6'4"                 Parkston High School              Senior
    24         Chad White           6'6"                  Madison High School              Senior
    31         Tony Fiegen          6'7"                  Madison High School              Senior
    32         Brayden Carlson   6'4"                Brookings High School             Senior
    34         Cody Larson         6'8"        Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School   Junior
    35         Dustin Tetzlaff       6'7"               Watertown High School              Senior
    41         Trevor Gruis          6'7"                 Ellsworth High School                Junior
    The grade listed is the grade they will be in this fall. As you can see our '09-'10 recruits Chad White and Tony Fiegen are on the team again. It also looks like Mr. Felt will be playing for them this year also. Cadsev has been on this board hyping this kid, he did have two games with 40 points and one game with 50 points this year as a junior. It also looks like Dustin Tetzlaff is back to playing ball again. I hear that the jury is still out on him if he is a D-1 prospect or not. I would hope that SDSU has the inside track to him if we offer. If not, I would like to see him walk-on. We can use a power forward.

Here is the link to the Dakota Schoolers website. They also have the upcoming schedule for this spring and summer. It looks like they will be in Sioux Falls on three separate occasions. Someone from the board should check them out and report back how good the Felt kid is, how White and Fiegen are doing and so forth.

On a side note, the Dakota Schoolers are also going to have a girl's team this year for the first time. You can see their roster at the link posted above.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

[quote=filbert;80739]

On that note . . . it's a bit tardy, but I'm finally getting around to putting up a link to Jackrabbit1's call of the end of the Madison-Tri Valley state tournament game.

quote]

Madison did not play Tri-Valley in the State A tournament. Lennox is probably who you are talking about.

I was at the State "A" tournament just as a basketball fan, and as an interested party to watch White and Fiegen.

They both could use a steady three course McD's diet and a weight room, but I guess they are only juniors in h.s. They both have very well rounded games, but typically as the tallest guys on the court are not into rebounding much, but if anybody can drive them to rebound Scott Nagy is the guy.

White needs to go to a ball handling clinic to be able to dribble as good as he thinks he does. He would then be a huge asset by cutting down his turnovers.

Fiegen needed to be more of an inside presence in that tournament, but Madison's coach seemed to be clueless on how to break a 2-3 zone causing him to play outside of 15 feet a lot and then creating for himself. Fiegen was an absolute force against Lennox in crunch time and then in the title game against Platte, he seemed very disinterested and lackadasical, which was odd since a person would think in a state title game, emotions would be high.

One more year of maturation will do them both well, as of right now and what I saw in three games, I would say Fiegen will be the best asset to the Jacks.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    started a topic 2009-10 Recruits

2009-10 Recruits

I thought we already had a thread for incoming 2009 players (i.e. White and Fiegen). But apparently not. I'll even sticky it for future reference.

On that note . . . it's a bit tardy, but I'm finally getting around to putting up a link to Jackrabbit1's call of the end of the Madison-Tri Valley state tournament game.

http://sdsufans.com/external/MHSvTVH-3-13-08.mp3
Working...
X